PDA

View Full Version : Question On S13 power folding mirrors

Vwongjj
08-12-2020, 05:29 PM
Hey Guys,

I've got a question on the power folding mirrors.
Someone just broke my power folding mirror, and i was wondering if i could buy another piece or set and do a transplant.

By break i mean the plastic shell broke.
Mirrors are intact cant confirm on motor function but is the motor replaceable if its broken?

Why a transplant you ask, cause its the rare power folding mirrors with the demister.
example, can i buy a non motorized one and use just the shell?

I'm so pissed right now, the person didn't even leave a note or something...

Hope to hear from you guys soon

zombiewolf513
08-12-2020, 05:31 PM
The defroster is laminated to the mirror glass like the rear window iirc. Repairing it with new pieces is always a thing, but good luck finding them

Vwongjj
08-12-2020, 05:32 PM
The defroster is laminated to the mirror glass like the rear window iirc. Repairing it with new pieces is always a thing, but good luck finding them

The mirror didn't break, the plastic shell broke.

JDM240z
08-12-2020, 11:16 PM
I have the same set of mirrors. Super rare. But my passenger side motor is locked up. I need to do the same to fix mine. The mirror can be removed as well as the outer shell from the pivot point. It’s just a pain in the ass and I don’t want to crack the heated glass. If I get around to repairing it I’ll send you a write up.

Vwongjj
08-12-2020, 11:58 PM
I have the same set of mirrors. Super rare. But my passenger side motor is locked up. I need to do the same to fix mine. The mirror can be removed as well as the outer shell from the pivot point. It?s just a pain in the ass and I don?t want to crack the heated glass. If I get around to repairing it I?ll send you a write up.

That would be awesome! So it is possible to swap everything out to another shell huh?

SupaDoopa
08-13-2020, 06:16 AM
Wouldn't they technically be the same as a R32? Because I have power folding mirrors from my R32.