PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET (Idle Air Control Valve) FAST Cleaning

TheVinylKingz
07-19-2020, 05:16 PM
My schedule is sometimes very busy and I don't always have time to work on my car (S13 with SR20DET). I want to clean my IACV, but don't want to take off the manifold. Can I unbolt the IACV and turn it sideways in order to clean it with "throttle cleaner" or do I really need to take it off?

I'm asking because I want to plan accordingly and don't want to rush it. My weekly schedule is busy and weekends are usually for the fam.

S14rebuild
07-19-2020, 05:32 PM
Sure, or take off the tube running to it and spay some brake cleanner throttlw cleaner in that too, hook it nack up and start the car(will kinda be hard to.start for a few)...repeat a few times. Could help, might not.

Whats the issue? Shitty idle?

TheVinylKingz
07-19-2020, 05:36 PM
Just started happening, it dies when coming to a stop. I have to feather it and give it gas while on neutral. I adjusted the idle and it appeared to fix the problem, but once in a while it stalls (dies) when coming to a stop.

S14rebuild
07-19-2020, 06:20 PM
There is also n adjust screw on the idle air control valve aswell

TheVinylKingz
07-19-2020, 07:09 PM
So has anyone ever cleaned their IACV with out taking the Intake manifold Off?

Silv1401
07-21-2020, 11:35 AM
Yeah, just take the pre-throttle body tube off and spray some TB cleaner in there. Probably would avoid brake cleaner because of its tendency to break down rubber.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kingtal0n
07-21-2020, 05:46 PM
The iacv does so little on an sr20. In fact the power FC has some kind of bug that prevents it from even working properly and nobody ever seems to notice.

most of the idle air comes from the wax element thing where the water flows through it to warm it and bring down the idle.

And most of the "dying when coming to stop" problems are because of people not using recirculated bypass valves or proper MAF positioning and hoses