PDA

View Full Version : 240SX KA24E MAF Issue?

dennybalance
03-14-2020, 03:19 PM
Hey guys so i'm having an issue where when my maf is plugged in, (tried to clean it and then tried another maf) the idle is really low and almost wanting to die and smoke comes from the engine bay kinda around the exhaust side but it goes away when I start driving. But when driving it runs like shit and stutters bad but no check engine light. Then if I run the maf unplugged the idle is decent, runs way better and there is zero smoke. Any ideas?

NukeKS14
03-14-2020, 07:15 PM
Just because there isn't a cel doesn't mean your ecu doesn't have error codes. Id start by pulling codes off your ecu and start there. What color is the smoke? Idle the car with the hood up and try to figure out where the leak is coming from. What do the plugs look like? Have you checked timing with a timing light? Have you done anything to the car recently before this issue began? With the maf unplugged it should be in limp mode and be running rich.

dennybalance
03-14-2020, 11:17 PM
Just because there isn't a cel doesn't mean your ecu doesn't have error codes. Id start by pulling codes off your ecu and start there. What color is the smoke? Idle the car with the hood up and try to figure out where the leak is coming from. What do the plugs look like? Have you checked timing with a timing light? Have you done anything to the car recently before this issue began? With the maf unplugged it should be in limp mode and be running rich.

Got it, it was a bad ground. Grounded the black wire to the chassis and then tried it and everything's back to normal