PDA

View Full Version : Rb26 itbs to fit rb25

shanez
12-26-2019, 09:32 AM
So was contemplating install an rb26 manifold and itb setup on my rb25det neo. I see otaku garage has an adapter plate setup in order to do so.
My idea or question is why wouldn't it be easier to take the factor rb26 flange that bolts to the head, have it redrilled to match the rb25 bolt pattern and maybe have the rb26 bolt pattern filled in with weld?
Does this sound feasible?

brndck
12-26-2019, 11:31 AM
my understanding is the spacing between the ports is not the same between 25 and 26.

S14rebuild
12-26-2019, 11:55 AM
So was contemplating install an rb26 manifold and itb setup on my rb25det neo. I see otaku garage has an adapter plate setup in order to do so.
My idea or question is why wouldn't it be easier to take the factor rb26 flange that bolts to the head, have it redrilled to match the rb25 bolt pattern and maybe have the rb26 bolt pattern filled in with weld?
Does this sound feasible?

Thats not possiable not enough material to redrill the holes. Thats why u need the adapter flange.

Just wondering why would u wanna use the itbs?

Most rb26s that make power swap to a larger plenum. Factory intake has issuse restrictings air flow to cylinder 6.

Also adapter kit is under $500 thats nothing in the world of rbs