PDA

View Full Version : New Trans Bearing, Where does everyone get their replacement Bearings from!?

alex_s817
03-07-2019, 03:04 PM
Whats up everyone, I'm looking for some help in finding a replacement input shaft bearing for an r154 transmission. Its actually for an Aisin AR5 but OEM has been tough, and I can't find any other option. Hoping the r154 is the same size. I've gotta think there is a bearing supplier out there that has one to this spec sitting on their shelf. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!

brndck
03-07-2019, 03:09 PM
why not remove the bearing, take measurements, call your local bearing supplier, and have them match it?

alex_s817
03-16-2019, 08:34 AM
why not remove the bearing, take measurements, call your local bearing supplier, and have them match it?

Been there done that, no luck. Which is why I was hoping someone here had replaced theirs and had a definitive answer.

s13silvia123
03-18-2019, 06:07 AM
Been there done that, no luck. Which is why I was hoping someone here had replaced theirs and had a definitive answer.

this is actually the correct way to do it. bearings comes in many shapes and sizes and they are universal. you can contact SKF Bearings to cross reference the bearings. they would probably have something similar or even a heavier load bearing for you. go for the heavier load bearings. most of the time make sure you use standard and metric measurements.

you need Outside diameter (O.D.) x Inside diameter (I.D.) "shaft size diameter" x the thickness of the bearings. there's also the a tolerance for the I.D. and O.D.

example

https://www.mcmaster.com/mvb/library/20171002/5972k241_ball%20bearingl.gif

denishbiaze
11-14-2019, 03:15 AM
I think you can contact North International Limited, they offer the best bearings for all-purpose. I had bought SKF S71920 CD/HCP4A bearings (http://www.northbearings.com/skf-s71920-cd-hcp4a-bearings-3740) from them at an affordable price.

jedi03
11-14-2019, 10:36 AM
+1 on call bearing manufacturers if the local one doesn't have em...thankfully I'm in an area with lots of local dealers/transmission shops for when I run into the same...