PDA

View Full Version : Swap wiring help

afishysilvia
11-29-2017, 11:15 AM
Hey guys,

So lets start with its a 1995 S14, automatic. I removed the KA24DE and the auto transmissions, with that being said the upper and lower harnesses were removed for the gentlemen who purchased it. I have since done a few things..

1. Converted to 5-speed, removed AT ecm.
2. Swapped in new engine using its own ECM and harness. I was able to wire up some of the needed connections from the F3 connector inside the car. However I am having some issues still.

1. I have no lights, horn, turn etc...Now I know that the lower harness on the S14 connects to the fuse box inside of the engine compartment, however I no longer have the harness. I cant find anywhere on how/pins to find in order to wire this up, and would I wire directly from fuse box to F3 connection?

2. I have read everywhere about the fuel pump relay setup and that its ground triggered, so I have seen people tell me to ground the black/pink wire for fuel pump relay, and I have also read somewhere they recommend grounding pin 1 black/white wire on the fuel pump relay and then my black/yellow should be my hot wire.

Can someone please confirm/assists on my struggles, thanks everyone. :picardfp:

unicoder
11-29-2017, 12:51 PM
Sorry but you didn't mention if you had used this or not. But have you looked at this page? (http://www.ka24development.com/cwilfert/S14_tranny_swap_electrical.html)

afishysilvia
11-29-2017, 02:05 PM
Sorry but you didn't mention if you had used this or not. But have you looked at this page? (http://www.ka24development.com/cwilfert/S14_tranny_swap_electrical.html)

This does help, thank you for that. However I am still somewhat lost because I am using a T56 so I didnt plan on neutral safety switch or anything like that. I am able to start the car as I ran my own signal from ignition to the ECM.

afishysilvia
11-30-2017, 07:36 AM
Two small connectors with 8 gauge (both white wires with red stripe) connected to power, boom we have power on everything again thanks, hope this helps anyone else.

afishysilvia
12-12-2017, 08:32 AM
Gonna bump my own thread again, my car is a 95 with the OBD2 connector under the dash from factory. On my F3 plug I have two wires that say CONSULT, a green/white wire and a green wire. Does anyone know of which is the signal wire in order to read the ecm?