PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade recommendations

Txny300zx
09-03-2017, 09:14 AM
Hey everyone I'm new to the forums, just got a 92 300zx tt and I was wondering what upgrades should come first performance wise. Don't know much about these cars so it's a learning process. The car needs injectors and I don't want to put back in stock injectors I'd like to swap to bigger ones but don't know what to get, also if I went to bigger injectors would I need to retune the car and I'm aware that the stock ecu can't be tuned so what's a good stand alone ecu to get? Also let me know some other upgrades you would do, thanks (:

kyral
11-18-2017, 09:56 PM
Get an AFR gauge
your injectors can probably flow a little more fuel anyways

and keep this in mind when making modifications
You have to be able to burn the fuel to make more power, youll need more air to burn that extra fuel so if youre not getting more air, more fuel wont do you much good (and will wash out your cylinders, which can cause premature wearing of rings and cylinder walls)

Keepin up with me homie?

RB2.5
05-03-2018, 08:26 AM
You are correct, if you change the injectors you will need an ecu tune. Best to get a standalone and find a professional tuner.

https://turbosource.com/collections/plug-n-play-ecus/products/emod004-z32-300zx-twin-turbo

I would also upgrade the exhaust, and intercoolers while you are at it.