PDA

View Full Version : turbo KAeT install finished... won't start

MidnightRice
10-18-2004, 08:16 PM
ok... i've posted a few problems b4 about not getting any spark... but there is some kind of sound when the ignition is on... also the fuel pump relay is constantly on... should i dont think the injectors are getting fuel...

i also swapped distributors but did nothing...

here is a pic and i dont know exactly where the problem is but its coming from this area... any hints? or should i just call a mechanic and give up...
http://img99.exs.cx/img99/6310/intake.jpg

DRFT180
10-19-2004, 11:26 AM
try looking into a new starter, just a suggestion.

MidnightRice
10-23-2004, 12:23 PM
My car wont start
I got this off from searching....

No Spark:
Check main ignition power wiring by battery and ECU. Also check for bad ignitor, bad coilpacks, bad ECU, shorted harness. Ignitor passes ECU pulse on to coil packs, crank the engine and test with multimeter for ignition voltage pulses at ignitor input and output to isolate source of problem.

sorry about the dumb questions but i have to find out

Where is the Ignitor located? how can you tell if the harness is shorted?

and my fuel pump wont stop pumping... and the Fuel pressure regulator is making noise when the ignition is turned on... what could it be?

how is the best way to test injectors?

axiomatik
10-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Where is the Ignitor located? how can you tell if the harness is shorted?

KA's don't have ignitors or coilpacks, you are looking at info for an SR.

sepulchral
10-23-2004, 04:29 PM
never give up to a mechanic. its your project, if problems come, you should fix them- youve gotten this far... i know nothing about ka'ts but goodluck

MidnightRice
10-24-2004, 10:56 AM
well thats good to know... but iono if i should go on... its been 2 months since and i've only put 3 miles on the car just driving it to get the piping done... i feel like im close but im getting stumped because i think its a harness somewhere but how can i find out? do i have to search through the whole harness to find a short wire? and if i do i wouldnt even know what im looking for...

i hate where i live... all my homies have hondas... they are so annoying and i can't find help easy around here...

but can the Fuel Pressure Regulator go bad? and does fuel have to do with the spark plugs getting spark?

96twofourty
10-24-2004, 12:15 PM
no, fuel and spark are seperate....see which you arent getting

MidnightRice
10-24-2004, 07:15 PM
ok.... i know i have fuel... the spark thing isnt working still... but i found a blown fuse... its called "ENG CONT" the fuse box next to the battery... this may or may not solve my problem... but im getting a new fuse tomorrow hopefully if i could find a place that carries them...

i also found a vacuum line that was "T"ed off supposedly going to the stock intake piping but i just took that off and connected the other two that was running and i got more vacuum from the gauge...

just wondering on the fuel pump... does it supposed to run constantly through the fuel rail? because mine is doing that... dont know why...

96twofourty
10-24-2004, 07:56 PM
you should try to be more clear. but there should be fuel pressure in the rail if thats your question.

F3600
10-25-2004, 06:09 AM
When you turn you key at On , your fuel pump is supposed to fill the fuel line for 5 second and stop. You should look at all whats youve done to the fuel system.

MidnightRice
10-25-2004, 03:44 PM
i started my car thanks to a blown fuse... but i have a lot of bogging and also there is a warping pop noise that is very loud.... any helpful hints on what it could be?

BrazyMstrP
02-22-2005, 01:06 AM
I ran into a similar problem when I was trying to get my kaet to run. Turns out that I disconnected one of the ground wires near the intake manifold. It wasnt throwing spark because of that. Maybe you should have someone crank the car and pull out the plug wire to see if you throw spark.