PDA

View Full Version : DET question

Olay180
10-15-2004, 08:38 PM
How important is it to have this hose that connects to the intake?

sr240mike
10-15-2004, 08:54 PM
Its pretty important unless you run an oil catch can. DO NOT PUT A AIR FILTER ON THERE. I have seen many people do this and some have leaked oil onto their exhaust manifold starting fires.

Olay180
10-15-2004, 09:12 PM
Its pretty important unless you run an oil catch can. DO NOT PUT A AIR FILTER ON THERE. I have seen many people do this and some have leaked oil onto their exhaust manifold starting fires.

so whats the recommendation then aside from the oil catch can. should i use the stock rubber intake hose and connect them? right now I have nothing on that T except for the back hose, but nothing on the front part of it. some people tell me thats its okay to put a breather filter on and others dont. so whats the verdict?

sr240mike
10-15-2004, 09:26 PM
Go to any auto parts store and they will have the hose that fits the connector. The breather is an easy way to get oil all over your engine bay.

Olay180
10-15-2004, 09:36 PM
I think I forgot to mention that I have a metal pipe for my intake, not the stock rubber one. Time to dig through my parts box for that stock one.

90sr
10-15-2004, 09:56 PM
just put a breather on it, get sum lube slides right on on put the clamp on it done, ive had mine on there for a while now and its not a problem at all jus take it off every 1000 or so miles 1500 and throw a new one on your good to go.

chris

Flybert
10-16-2004, 02:31 AM
If you are boosting, I'd be very concerned with blowby running a breather. I'd highly recomend running an oil catch can. Even a super SPL gatorade bottle catchcan would be better than using a breather if you are boosting. It's not so much of a worry on the KA. I run a breather on my KA and have noticed that absolutely no oil comes out from it.