PDA

View Full Version : Emissions inspection in OR?

nomoremrriceguy
11-01-2016, 11:17 PM
I'm moving to OR next year and have a 1jz swapped 240, I won't be living in Portland or Medford though, I'll be in some small town 4 hours east of portland. Oregon's DMV website is pretty unclear about DEQ and inspection if you're outside of portland or medford. If I understand correctly if you're outside of those two major cities are you completely exempt from an emissions test and inspection? If someone could clear this up for me i'd really appreciate it

e1_griego
11-02-2016, 12:07 AM
That's correct.

PDX metro area and Medford area are the only places with DEQ inspections. The rest of us are exempt.

nomoremrriceguy
11-02-2016, 12:10 AM
That's correct.

PDX metro area and Medford area are the only places with DEQ inspections. The rest of us are exempt. Wow thats fucking awesome. So in my case I have a 1jz swapped s14, I'm pretty much golden then?

ZenkiKid
11-02-2016, 09:20 AM
That's correct.

PDX metro area and Medford area are the only places with DEQ inspections. The rest of us are exempt.

I talked to an employee at GTR garage about DEQ and he said its nowhere near as strict as california either.

e1_griego
11-02-2016, 09:27 AM
Wow thats fucking awesome. So in my case I have a 1jz swapped s14, I'm pretty much golden then?

Yup, no problem.