PDA

View Full Version : WSRD motorsports ready power steering development.

PoorMans180SX
07-20-2015, 08:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/00zkE6p.png

In our continued attempts to bring you quality products that look good and most importantly WORK, we're developing a motorsports ready v3 power steering kit for the S-chassis. Various adapters will make this work with nearly all of the common engine swaps.

Our fourth prototype power steering reservoir features 69in^3 of volume and internal baffling to keep fluid under control. Initial results are very promising, but it needs to see some more serious track time before we deem it ready for production.
EDIT: Keep in mind this is a prototype! The production piece will be cleaner and much better looking.

We'll also have an optional cooler (Earl's), but I wanted to make sure this can handle some abuse without a cooler, and without blowing fluid everywhere like the factory setup and aftermarket kits.

As per our older versions, it features a braided push-lock -10 pump feed, -6 high pressure line with lightweight aluminum power steering fittings, and a nylon braided -6 return line.

burnsauto
07-20-2015, 09:21 PM
now.. I can just have one, right? ......riiiiiiight????

ps..I was looking through my xbox, and found your old username you made on it...mr. JankyS13 :)

PoorMans180SX
07-21-2015, 04:59 AM
Hahaha, that's my username on ka-t.org as well.

TheRealSy90
07-21-2015, 07:59 AM
Not too keen on the reservoir location, but I'm guessing it could be moved around a bit?

sittinsideways
07-21-2015, 11:43 AM
I have some serious issues with the circuit sports reservoir blowing fluid everywhere after going braided lines. And the fluid gets HOT when on track for extended sessions. We'll be adding a cooler ourselves but I would be interested in another/different reservoir. Would be willing to test it too at the next track night at thompson

PoorMans180SX
07-21-2015, 12:12 PM
Not too keen on the reservoir location, but I'm guessing it could be moved around a bit?

Yes, there is enough line included to move it all the way up to the radiator support.

I have some serious issues with the circuit sports reservoir blowing fluid everywhere after going braided lines. And the fluid gets HOT when on track for extended sessions. We'll be adding a cooler ourselves but I would be interested in another/different reservoir. Would be willing to test it too at the next track night at thompson

Yes, I'm thinking with the "standard" location reservoir, some heat reflective tape would be a great help as well, as even the exhaust manifold I run puts off massive amounts of heat. This reservoir blows zero fluid during street driving, and gives buttery smooth steering with no whine.

A cooler is definitely the ultimate solution.

burnsauto
07-21-2015, 12:34 PM
the more I've been looking at it, the more it bothers me. Send me your valve cover and I'll paint it....so janky.

slider2828
07-22-2015, 04:16 PM
I bought one of these and they are awesome.... Maybe next iteration would be one with heat sinks on it like the PBM swirl pots?

PoorMans180SX
07-23-2015, 06:08 AM
the more I've been looking at it, the more it bothers me. Send me your valve cover and I'll paint it....so janky.

Oh shush you! Hahah, the KA isn't staying long anyway, but I do need to do a little clean up around the bay.

I bought one of these and they are awesome.... Maybe next iteration would be one with heat sinks on it like the PBM swirl pots?

Thanks for the positive feedback! We're going to be using some heat reflective gold tape on the reservoir. While I know some people don't care for the look, it is quite effective. We also plan on making this reservoir available to the people that bought the first versions of the steering kit!

I'll be installing my cooler as soon as the line comes in and posting some updates.

TheRealSy90
07-23-2015, 07:45 AM
Off topic but I can't find what thread I saw it in, what brake master cylinder is usable with your brake lines that moves them to the other side of the master? Trying to gain clearance from turbo manifold and downpipe.

PoorMans180SX
07-23-2015, 08:21 AM
Off topic but I can't find what thread I saw it in, what brake master cylinder is usable with your brake lines that moves them to the other side of the master? Trying to gain clearance from turbo manifold and downpipe.

That would be a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder master cylinder good sir.

PoorMans180SX
07-26-2015, 02:17 PM
So far so good! Reservoir is working flawlessly so far.

http://i.imgur.com/r4ObvcA.png

PoorMans180SX
09-29-2015, 03:02 PM
Well, after a couple different designs and beating the living daylights out of the steering system, it turns out my reservoir works just fine. However, it's now more efficient for us to turn to the experts at KRC power steering than to fabricate the reservoir ourselves. This is the new reservoir that will come with the kit!

We've designed this kit to withstand constant high rpm without blowing fluid everywhere, and give awesome steering feel.

http://i.imgur.com/I7Nvx6Yl.png

http://i.imgur.com/hwrxqetl.png

http://i.imgur.com/Xnh8NIRl.jpg

Freddy
10-28-2015, 08:38 AM
Check pm my bad haven't been on for a while