PDA

View Full Version : '92 Z for stance

aerhead z
01-30-2015, 08:25 PM
I'm in the process of replacing my lowering springs with coilovers and want to make sure I get all of the important suspension bits taken care of too. The car has about 128,000 miles, and I haven't driven it all winter. What are the most important components for me to consider? I want it pretty low when I get the coils on.

iStayBroke
01-31-2015, 09:37 PM
Probably gonna need FUCAs, RUCAs, toe rods, tension rods to be able to get a decent alignment.

Matt300ZXT
02-01-2015, 06:34 AM
I'd check out Powertrix's suspension kit. Decent price and they come with FUCAs, RUCAs, tension rods, and traction rods/toe rods (or whatever the non turbo equivalent is). He runs lots of group buys so it may not be hard to get in on that.

When I had my 92 twin turbo coilovers done (got Powertrix coils too), I had that kit put on, a HICAS delete, sway bars, all new bushings, adjustable end links, etc.

aerhead z
02-01-2015, 03:40 PM
Powertrix coils are probably what I'm going with since they have a good group buy deal going on now. I'll look into they're other suspension parts as well. Thanks.

Matt300ZXT
02-01-2015, 08:33 PM
Whatever you buy, just don't get the AMS crap lol

Also, a lot of guys prefer the Z1 FUCAs to the Powertrix ones, since SPL still hasn't released their revised part. If you're made of money you can buy all SPL ;)

LolSpookedM8
04-10-2015, 02:34 AM
If you're going for stance then I wouldn't go with Powertrix. Don't get me wrong, they are very very good coilovers but they are valved and designed specifically for track/spirited street use. My point is they won't go as low and you'd probably like. They're definitely not a "stance" oriented coilover. All of their connecting arms however are great. I run powertrix everything except for the rear toe rods because they have a straight design and when going low they tend to hit the subframe mounting point caps.