PDA

View Full Version : Whining noise after doing 5 lug

2slow2go
10-14-2014, 11:06 PM
So last weekend i did a 5 lug conversion on my s13 with new conversion hubs. I also changed it to skyline brakes up front.

After being done I took it for a test drive and noticed a whining sound from the rear .. especially when i turn. Does anyone know what it maybe?
I didnt use a torque wrench to torque down the axel/hub but just used my air gun. Could i have overtighten the bearings?

thanks in advance!

angel mkiv
10-15-2014, 02:03 AM
What brand wheel bearings did you use?id double check there's nothing loose or rubbing on the rotors causing that noise.you could loosen the axle bolt and check for play in the bearing also even though they are new. Just remember if it wasn't there before it's something you caused so double check your work

2slow2go
10-15-2014, 02:23 PM
The bearings were pressed already onto the hub. It some ebay conversion hubs.

iLagX
10-15-2014, 03:13 PM
you got some defective hubs.

ask them to send you new one.

angel mkiv
10-15-2014, 05:40 PM
Yeah it's your hubs. I'd ask for a refund or exchange of possible. And go with the contano 5 lug hubs on top of the for sale threads.

reallygood101
10-15-2014, 10:20 PM
sounds like your wheel bearing if it makes noise when turning right check the left and if its when you turn left check right they could b dry i would jack it up and if you can move the tire like its got a loose lug nut then they shot but if not just pack them and see if that makes a difference

2slow2go
10-16-2014, 12:06 AM
Its a very feint whining noise. Currently I also have screech too because I cut the front brake shield to fit bigger brakes. I assume maybe I overtorque the hubs? And fix the brake shield to where it not touching the front rotors.