View Full Version : s14 front clip to a auto. left hand drive s14

lilgeneral22
08-15-2014, 02:44 AM
im a beginner this is my first build ever n im looking for some clarification so i run into as little problems possible so please bare with me....im about to go buy a s14 front clip with an sr20det from a jdm shop i was under the impression that i could just slip it right in n start it up. someone told me i would have extend the wiring harness from the engine and change the trany harness because it wont plug in to my automatic.. also will the jdm pedals bolt in to my left hand drive s14?

please help

Andrew .MK

l adam l
08-15-2014, 03:15 AM
Search button here on the forum dawg. Also google...but to give you a quick rundown...you'll need wiring services. There's more to it than just extending the harness. The motor drops right in but since you have an auto, you can't use that drive shaft and you'll need trans mount. ..which it might come with.

LoSt180
08-18-2014, 09:33 AM
Good thing is that a clip will have MOST of what you need, the bad is that it still is not just a drop in affair.

You have the auto to manual wiring to sort out. Plus the SR wiring to convert, you can do it yourself or just purchase a Wiring Specialties conversion harness. I'll let you search for specifics, but to get you started: the RHD engine harness now needs to fit in a LHD car, connectors will need to be extended and/or re-pinned.

The JDM pedals will not work. Plus I hope your clip comes with a driveshaft because you'll need a MT version of that as well. My clip came with a driveshaft and the complete JDM rear subframe. So the auto to manual conversion and wiring changes were the hardest parts of my swap.

Good luck.

jr_ss
08-18-2014, 10:51 AM
Research research research... If you have very little mechanical know how, I suggest you learn some stuff before you hop into this.

SilviaSR20DET
08-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Even after many years of working on a s14 i still kind of ran into some issues that were minor during the swap. I would say take your time and do ALOT of research/planning and gathering all your parts/tools before starting it and an extra hand will do wonders trust me. I recently finished my sr swap and it pretty much straight forward for the most part but i guaruntee you that you'll run into something you least expect (check over things and be very thorough) . Good luck!

LoganDavenport
08-19-2014, 04:20 AM
Wiring specialties harness buddy.