PDA

View Full Version : Wilwood/350Z Track Edition BBK

addicted2sp33d
04-22-2014, 01:10 PM
Hi Zilvia,

Wanted to see if I could find 4 other S-Chassis owners to go into a group buy with me on a Wilwood/350Z Track Edition Rotor Kit.

For this prototype group the price will be $785.00, must be paid up front. If we can't get 5-prototype buyers together, we might not be able to do this.

Kit will be a bolt-on kit:

2x Wilwood Superlite Calipers (Wilwood Part 120-11128)
4x BP-10 Wilwood Pads
2x 350Z Track Edition Rotor, 4 or 5 lug, drilled and/or slotted (328mm)
2x Custom Mounting Brackets to properly place the Wilwood Caliper/Pad on the rotor.
2x Custom Braided Lines with fittings
All Hardware (bolts, washers, etc.) needed for installation

The custom brackets and braided lines will be manufactured by Silvermine Motors; it is basically their standard 350Z Rotor kit, Click Here (http://www.silverminemotors.com/nissan/nissan-240sx-s14/brake-kits-nissan-240sx-s14/240sx-track-edition-big-brake-kit). except with a Wilwood Caliper instead of a Z32 caliper, and different mounting brackets.

I'll keep track of interest here. They won't need funds until we decide to move forward with this, but the key is we need to get at least 4-more prototype buyers.

1. addicted2sp33d

Thanks for looking!

mrmephistopheles
04-22-2014, 01:28 PM
This thread/GB has my approval.

RalliartRsX
04-22-2014, 01:37 PM
I have a VERY similar setup. I'll post a pic when I get home

Sideways_In_SD
04-22-2014, 01:53 PM
My name is Warren, and I approve this message

:fruit:

blueshark123
04-22-2014, 07:36 PM
Why don't you just sell brackets like someone else did? 785 isn't a bad price though. I would buy it if they only cleared my wheels :/

addicted2sp33d
04-23-2014, 08:50 AM
Why don't you just sell brackets like someone else did? 785 isn't a bad price though. I would buy it if they only cleared my wheels :/

I'm not selling anything myself - I don't get any cut of the sales.

This Group Buy came-about because I wanted to design a 13" BBK for my own S14 with the following criteria: 13" slotted rotor
Better value than the full Brembo setup or some other $2k - $3k BBK from a Name Brand.
Lower cost of "consumables" - e.g. rotor / pads, so OEM where possible
I arrived at the Wilwood/350Z TE rotor with these criteria, and contacted Silver Mine Motors to see if they had such a setup/kit.

Silver Mine said they didn't have exactly what I was looking-for, but if I could get 4 other people who would prototype with me, they could put a kit together and eventually sell the kit at a full "retail" price.

The Prototype group is actually getting some significant cost savings that future buyers will not see.

inopsey
04-23-2014, 11:58 AM
would this package be available without rotors? being that they are 350z/available everywhere. does the price include shipping charges?

hobbs
04-23-2014, 12:12 PM
Why not just purchase one of the already available conversion brackets and make your own kit? A guy over on the Nissan road race forum does group buys for these brackets, everything else is easily purchased from online retailers and to be honest I believe it's cheaper than what silver mine is charging you for a 'group buy' price.

addicted2sp33d
04-23-2014, 12:37 PM
Why not just purchase one of the already available conversion brackets and make your own kit? A guy over on the Nissan road race forum does group buys for these brackets, everything else is easily purchased from online retailers and to be honest I believe it's cheaper than what silver mine is charging you for a 'group buy' price.

I went to NRRF first and didn't find what I was looking-for.

Def's kit/bracket uses a 2-piece 12.2" rotor. It's a great kit at a reasonable price, but it uses a smaller diameter (but thicker) rotor, instead of an off-the-shelf rotor. His kit is definitely on my backup list if this Group Buy doesn't happen, but he doesn't have any Group Buys or kits right now - parts only.

2fass240us hasn't responded to my PMs and does not have any ongoing group buys or brackets available from what I found over there.

e1_griego
04-23-2014, 02:54 PM
it's not Def's kit.

http://nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=1621&highlight=350z+wilwood

Def is starting another group buy in the next week, he ways.

jt1583
07-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Anything happen with this? I could be interested

RalliartRsX
07-10-2014, 02:12 PM
it's not Def's kit.

http://nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=1621&highlight=350z+wilwood

Def is starting another group buy in the next week, he ways.

The Group buy was setup a few days ago if anyone is interested!

inopsey
07-12-2014, 10:19 AM
this kit is cheaper than defs kit ($1040 vs $785) and uses 350z rotors available everywhere vs the 2 piece wilwood rotors

RalliartRsX
07-12-2014, 10:54 AM
Def uses 2 piece circle track rotors, so you can pretty much get them anywhere. However yes, no Advanced auto, etc. to purchase circle track rotors but if you are tracking your car, you SHOULD be inspecting the rotors ever so often, so if you do have to order rotors, you should have plenty of time to swap them in...........or you can just buy several sets of rotors as they are fairly cheap to purchase.

S-Chassis ftw
11-18-2014, 08:53 AM
Buy the ArizonaZCar kit. Costs $800 and comes with everything. 4 pistons of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk