PDA

View Full Version : blown KA24E...help?

chinesemoonchild
04-27-2004, 08:58 PM
i have been problems with my 240 '90 I got in an accident and had to fix my front end. I replaced everything including my radiator. Then try to take it for a test drive and then i see smoke coming out of the hood and my radiator fluid was all over the car. I replaced the radiator and secured everything however i still get smoke. I have the feeling it is the head gasket and/or thermostat. Possibly I could have warped my head. I was wondering if anyone knows the cheapest way to fix this.

If anyone in SD can swap a KA24DE into my car in SD please tell me all the wireing would be already done so if you can please contact me.

Also would it be easier to get a new head or to rebuild the one i currently have?

F3600
04-28-2004, 05:42 AM
run the engine and try to find the Exact reason why you see smoke. could be a coolant hose somewhere ... to cheapest way to fix that is to do it yourselve. If you are sure its the head then take it out , go at napa or any other carpart place and give them your head they gonna check it, clean it and shave it for maybe 100 bux ..get a new headgasket and your done ! :wavey:

nismo1003
04-28-2004, 10:05 AM
depend on what kind of smoke it is , second, do a compression check and check the spark plugs , and check the water level of the radatior ( if u have to refill more often then usual, somwhere is leaking.

nismo1003
04-28-2004, 10:10 AM
if some hose crack and it leak down to the ehxuast manifold or the exhaust area, it does make alot of smoke, but after a while, it's fine....if you are burning radiator fluid , you should see different color smoke came out from the exhaust

sleep
04-28-2004, 05:09 PM
white/blue smoke = anti freeze
Black smoke = oil

right?