PDA

View Full Version : Advice Need on KW Variant 3 Setup for HPDE

voiddweller
04-05-2013, 10:37 AM
I'm going to a HPDE next weekend with my RS-Enthalpy tuned SR20DET highport and would like some experienced advice on setting up my KWv3's. I'll be at Sebring. For those that have not been down here, I've attached a pic of the course:

http://www.corvetteracing.com/tracks/trk_img/sebring/sebring.jpg

I spoke with a KW representative and he provided the following advice for setup on my '97 240sx.

Adjustment w/S14:

- More rebound and less compression for street
- More compression and less rebound for track
- Linear springs on kit should not be negatively impacted by ride height adjustments

Some additional info: Martin was able to put down about 241hp at the wheels on 7lbs of boost. I'll be installing z32 calipers this weekend with 30mm vented rotors and Carbone Lorraine CR6E pads. Wheels are stock 16" SE and tires are crappy Bridgestone RE760's that I know are not even close to ideal for this type of thing, but they'll have to do until the next paycheck :)

For those running KW's or something similiar, please let me know what you recommed for a good starting point and the best procedure for dialing in the best settings.

Thank you!

Sleepy_Steve
04-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Sebring is bumpy as all hell. You're not running slicks, or even DOT R-Comps. Set your shit soft.

Run more rebound and less compression like you'd adjust for comfort on the street, but don't go too extreme in that adjustment. You don't want to make the car overly bouncy.

I won't comment on the rest.

vehicle336
04-05-2013, 01:26 PM
You're not going to get much of a response from the fucktards here on Zilvia based solely on the fact that you're not running some cheap-shit knock-off coilovers like 99.98% of Zilvians.

However, you can ask here: Nissan Road Racing Forums - Powered by vBulletin (http://nissanroadracing.com/)

You should get some satisfactory answers there.

Sleepy_Steve
04-05-2013, 01:28 PM
You're not going to get much of a response from the fucktards here on Zilvia based solely on the fact that you're not running some cheap-shit knock-off coilovers like 99.98% of Zilvians.

However, you can ask here: Nissan Road Racing Forums - Powered by vBulletin (http://nissanroadracing.com/)

You should get some satisfactory answers there.

Fucktard here. I can confirm that NRR is the better place to ask about grip setup.

racepar1
04-05-2013, 01:32 PM
You've gotta feel it out for yourself. I would agree that, since Sebring is super bumpy, your shock settings should be more like a street setup. But where you're best off in that range is pretty much impossible to answer. There are too many variables to even begin to answer your question as specifically as you seem to desire. Your shock settings aren't going to make much of a difference in lap times though. That's just a fine-tuning adjustment that must be made on the fly. If the car seems easily unsettled by bumps, drop the compression a little. If it seems bouncy at all up the rebound a little. This is something that you're going to have to play with yourself. I wouldn't waste much effort on it though. Just get the car to where it feels pretty good and concentrate on driving.

voiddweller
04-05-2013, 10:43 PM
I'm just out to have some fun with what I have until I'm able to complete the build.

Thanks for the suggestions. I totally forgot about NRR. Very good forum.