PDA

View Full Version : New to Japan

juicey
02-17-2013, 07:06 PM
Hey guys,

So I just moved out here from Ireland in December.

I am currently living in the Hiroshima area and it's pretty cool with a very strong car scene.

Anyone familiar with the area or have any advice?

jdizzy204
02-18-2013, 03:57 AM
Not familiar with the hiroshima area but if yuo want to make the most of your time in japan, my suggestion is avoid hanging out with too many foreigners. Meet as many Japanese people as you can!

Biggamehit
02-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Yea make more Japanese friends but don't turn a real foreigner car guy away as networks and connections are vital. Avoid becoming a snooty foreigner...... you know the ones who think they are better. I have been here for five years and have way more Japanese friends/networks due to traveling for drifting.

juicey
02-19-2013, 02:45 AM
Yea make more Japanese friends but don't turn a real foreigner car guy away as networks and connections are vital. Avoid becoming a snooty foreigner...... you know the ones who think they are better. I have been here for five years and have way more Japanese friends/networks due to traveling for drifting.

Thanks guys.

Do you mind me asking what you are doing here and where you are based??

Biggamehit
02-19-2013, 04:01 AM
Juicey San

I was military arriving in Japan Aug 2008, Just separated August 2012. Currently working on base where I was stationed in Misawa as an air terminal operations center controller. Basically catching and launching military and commercial air planes. Just doing this until hopefully I can align myself with a shop and obtain a work visa. Currently on SOFA status but I really don't want to work for or around any american contracts just doing what I must right now. I joined the Air Force primarily for a chance to get a tour here however was able to plan more when I got here and played my cards right ending my military career here in Japan. Was not an easy road getting here nor staying. Now that im out even more difficult as I don't have the backing of the military. Overall all worth it to me as im where I want to be and I am doing what I want 90 percent of the time.

sblack13
04-23-2013, 05:32 AM
Juicey San

I was military arriving in Japan Aug 2008, Just separated August 2012. Currently working on base where I was stationed in Misawa as an air terminal operations center controller. Basically catching and launching military and commercial air planes. Just doing this until hopefully I can align myself with a shop and obtain a work visa. Currently on SOFA status but I really don't want to work for or around any american contracts just doing what I must right now. I joined the Air Force primarily for a chance to get a tour here however was able to plan more when I got here and played my cards right ending my military career here in Japan. Was not an easy road getting here nor staying. Now that im out even more difficult as I don't have the backing of the military. Overall all worth it to me as im where I want to be and I am doing what I want 90 percent of the time.

ATOC over here too...

juicey
04-30-2013, 06:15 AM
Juicey San

Hey man ya I know you from Facebook now.

Ya I took a pretty crappy job with a company. For me it was just a ticket here and a visa really as this is where I want to be.

I can't say it's going to be easy to stay here and do what I really want to do but all we can do is try.

juicey
04-30-2013, 06:16 AM
ATOC over here too...

Where are you based???

sblack13
05-01-2013, 12:28 AM
Where are you based???

down in Kadena