PDA

View Full Version : Drift or Grip ?

ONYX S-13
04-01-2004, 12:15 PM
What do you prefer..It's a hard choice for me so I'm gonna vote later..

(Sorry bout the double post :()

Drift101
04-01-2004, 01:10 PM
In the twisties, definitely grip, Im insane, but not that insane.
semi-open areas, drift all the way...... i still need to learn!

fogleroller
04-01-2004, 02:51 PM
I would have chose both, but there was no choice for that. Why not have both?

aznpoopy
04-01-2004, 02:59 PM
yah im confused... exactly what is the question? why can't i do both?

ONYX S-13
04-01-2004, 03:08 PM
Basically what i was trying to do with this poll is to see which one you like to do more...Sorry for not specifying that in the first post...My bad=/

SilviaDriver
04-01-2004, 11:37 PM
grip..cuz not everybody is into burning tires

fastpace
04-01-2004, 11:45 PM
drift is okay, but GRIP is where you want to be

ONYX S-13
04-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Grip (Only cause I'm too poor for drift) :(

nightwalker
04-02-2004, 11:50 AM
grip when my tires start to show camber wear, then drift to even out the wear

Var
04-02-2004, 01:57 PM
I mostly like gripping on my special mountains run except for 2 turns. these are the only 2 i like to pitch it sideways on. but i'm not good at it. But to put in into perspective---->if i felt confident enough to come into every turn sideways, i would do it for sure..fuck my tires

Ghettokracker71
04-02-2004, 01:59 PM
damnit! I've already answered this thread once.

Grip for normal everyday agressive driving :)

Wanna-be drift for messing around,like doughnuts/180's and such.

I want to get into drifting,or Touge,but I have no cash flow to fund this and people won't pay you to put their name on your car until AFTER you are already good:( (Not saying I'll ever be good;Wich is also a big part of the problem!)

KA24DESOneThree
04-13-2004, 06:14 PM
I grip in a drift sorta way. I use braking and weight shifting to just alleviate the understeer. My cornering attitude is usually slightly tail-out, but not sliding a bunch. Plus, I drive an open-diffed, OEM-suspended 325i, so drifting is kinda a dangerous affair. Thus, I choose grip for now, both for later.

ISTOTOSAO
04-14-2004, 12:59 PM
BOTH. Hell I love just driving around any turn.

DuffMan
04-14-2004, 08:19 PM
I like both Drip and Grift

KiDyNomiTe
04-15-2004, 11:31 AM
Ya both, I just lean towards drift because there are not many tracks in my area. But drifting is a lot more fun on a track too I guess.

steve shadows
05-28-2004, 02:58 PM
Ya both, I just lean towards drift because there are not many tracks in my area. But drifting is a lot more fun on a track too I guess.

i like doing both some grip and top speed and also drag. I drift on my extra set of rear tires some stockyass goodyears in good shape when im board or just want to do a fat burnout. :werd:

*NismoS13*
07-09-2004, 10:36 AM
I love both. I voted for Grip though because these days it seems as though everybody and their mother is trying to drift. That's cool and all, but I think I'm more into the twisties and things like that right now.....

millworkman
08-24-2004, 07:11 PM
grip alll the way, dont like the smell of burning rubber for extended periods of time

SimpleSexy180
09-07-2004, 10:14 PM
drift!! ;) , YOU JUST GOTTAH LOVE THE SIDEWAYS FEELING.

Var
11-09-2004, 11:24 PM
even though i dori when i can , i like teh grip drivin better. there are less yelling japanese announcers

driftyour40
11-10-2004, 12:49 AM
I go for grip. I made the name driftyour40 when I was into drifting, but that was a while ago. As I said in the other pole. I do canyons as much as I can, and I feel I get more out of my car when I grip. I could probably drift mulhallond at least the part that I run a lot but I like my car and I don't want to fucker it all up into a wall, thinking I'm better than I really am. Oh one more thing. I don't like what's hot if it's cool and everyone is doing it that means I'll be staying as far away from it as posable, mass appeal turns me off. I have no idea why, just the way I am.

AllenRPS13
02-03-2005, 02:55 AM
both, just because i like both drift and grip

thx247
02-03-2005, 09:34 AM
OMG THE GRIPZORRRR !!!!!1one one one

both are interesting

mr_240sx
02-15-2005, 12:56 PM
like they say..... go drift or go home!! lol

drewtoes
02-22-2005, 11:46 AM
DRIFT ALL THE WAY! but where im from there's only one place i can go...and its not possible for DRIFT so gripping is our only option. but i agree with gripping for small twisting roads and drifting for open spaces.

TheSquidd
10-18-2005, 09:19 AM
WTF is GRIP?!?! Damn ricers, it's called RACING.

My vote is for RACING I guess.

Yoshi
10-18-2005, 02:03 PM
WTF is GRIP?!?! Damn ricers, it's called RACING.

My vote is for RACING I guess.

U again, on the same subject, big surprise.
I was hoping maybe seeing how it's referred to here, you'd realize that on zilvia, we've made the differentiation tween the two to help understand how people have their cars setup and what their goals are.

Just cuz you call it somehting else doesn't make it gospel.
Ever think maybe it could be a regional thing too?
Like how in the mid-west everything is "coke", even if you're asking for a Sprite? Coke = soft drink, like how it's Soda where I live, and it's "pop" in norcal.

There was no need to revive long ded thread just so you could get your 1-trick soapbox out again :hammer:

NemeGuero
10-18-2005, 02:18 PM
its not called "pop" in nor-cal fYI

and yah.. Mr. Canadian.. grip and racing are 2 distinct categories.. you aren't gripping down the 1/4 mile.. and the cornering technique is what is being questioned.. do you grip your corners or do you drift them?

you obviously do neither because you are busy flaming "ricers" for grip racing...
STFU

TheSquidd
10-18-2005, 02:50 PM
1. I'm not Canadian. It's Ontario, CA ... CA means California. bwhawha.

2. Just because a bunch of fanboys on a forum call it gripping doesn't make it gospel either. Traditionally, the sport is refered to as Road racing. Racing on a course that resembles roads. You do not enter a turn with the intent of 'gripping' you enter it with the intent of getting through it as fast as possible. In fact if you are driving correctly you are losing a small amount of traction because you are going through it at the very limits of your vehicles 'grip'.

3. oops I revived an old thread. It was listed in New Posts, I figured it was.. new.

Care to make any other retarded comebacks?

S14DB
10-18-2005, 03:37 PM
1. I'm not Canadian. It's Ontario, CA ... CA means California. bwhawha.

2. Just because a bunch of fanboys on a forum call it gripping doesn't make it gospel either. Traditionally, the sport is refered to as Road racing. Racing on a course that resembles roads. You do not enter a turn with the intent of 'gripping' you enter it with the intent of getting through it as fast as possible. In fact if you are driving correctly you are losing a small amount of traction because you are going through it at the very limits of your vehicles 'grip'.

3. oops I revived an old thread. It was listed in New Posts, I figured it was.. new.

Care to make any other retarded comebacks?Wait, You post in a old ass thread then you get mad at someone for misreading your location? :rofl:

Get a grip dude. You don't need to bitch about everything.