PDA

View Full Version : AIG to sue Fed Gov. over bailouts

Corbic
01-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Apparently AIG did not get rich enough and feels they may need more of YOUR money. After all, the Federal Government get's it's money from taxing you....

Fuck AIG. If I had money with them, I'd move it to another bunch of thieves.

AIG considers suing government for bailing it out, world implodes in on itself (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/01/08/aig-considers-suing-government-for-bailing-it-out-world-implodes-in-on-itself/)

Fresh from launching a branding campaign to try to rechristen itself as a paragon of patriotism, the giant insurer American International Group is reportedly weighing a step that would remind America just why everyone got so darn mad in the first place.
The board of AIG, according to the New York Times, is weighing whether to join a $25 billion lawsuit against the U.S. government for forcing unacceptably high losses on shareholders in its bailout. The argument is that this violated the Fifth Amendment’s prohibition on the government seizing private property without just compensation. yada yada yada

I guess they choose now to do this with all the Budget and Gun talk blinding everyone.

hockeyrules
01-08-2013, 04:55 PM
This is mind blowing.
I wish we would have just let them go out of business.

I'm pretty sure the week after the bailouts that they sent there execs on some vacation.

blueshark123
01-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Its not gonna happen. Its just Greenberg the former CEO trying to sue the government AIG wont join the Suit.The board is just going to hear arguments from representatives of Greenberg. Every one is just jumping the gun for no reason.

fliprayzin240sx
01-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Funny thing is, didnt AIG just got a new commercial saying "Thank You America, We are Back and better than before."

blueshark123
01-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Funny thing is, didnt AIG just got a new commercial saying "Thank You America, We are Back and better than before."

Yes you are correct, they mention it in the articles I have read.