PDA

View Full Version : NV: spintek performance BEWARE

ih8bmps
07-17-2012, 12:39 PM
there is a local shop here in nevada, they also sell parts here is my expierence as well as others from the vegas drift forum.
i wont even go into the wrongs with my 240sx, honestly i dont even care about that. what offended me was that after we had became "buddies" he took advantage of my situation while i was deployed, took my money, drove my truck with no plates no registration and no insurance on it for over 300 miles, then sent my wife home in a vehicle that was unsafe. the truck was not even worked on. not one bolt turned. he used it as his own vehicle furthering the damage and in turn causing its demise. there is no reasoning for this. others have had there parts go missing i personally have been threatend by the owner twice and he made a posting on craigslist calling everyone out acting gangster and what not. if your in the vegas area. stay clear!

Rescue56
07-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Was about to head over there....

ih8bmps
07-19-2012, 09:42 PM
My pleasure man. What kind of work are you looking to have done. Maybe I can point you in the right direction

180rbsx
08-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Sorry man, I have had awesome business from spintek. Josh has sold me some pretty good parts for a decent price. I have my S13 up because of these guys. What you might have dealt with may be old and yeah I might not know exactly what has happened to you or anyone else but I have spoken to them and they have given me a guarantee that anytime I take my car into their shop at the speedway that it'll be done in a timely manner and that parts are 100% legit. I am very happy with the job they have done and I recommend them to anybody! Here are the pics of my swap and you tell me what you may see wrong ;) you'll see my SR20 is clean and well taken care of and it runs strong.I've already pulled on a few z28's and Stangs and planning to try against a couple STI's and Integras. :boink: :boink: :boink:

ih8bmps
08-02-2012, 02:29 AM
People's business habits don't change. I'm not a bitter asshole and I'm not going to pick apart everything done wrong to your car. Frankly it looks pretty good. If you read my complaint again you'll see im not bashing the work they do. Anyone that would send an innocent female away in a truck that way clearly not safe while her husband is in iraq abviously has some twisted morales. If your a member of Vegas drift I suggest you check out that forum to.(my guess is you are, and your the only one defending them on that forum to) Or rip off report, or Craigslist where a customer has a complaint and Jt bitches them out. I like josh. I like the idea of spintek would have been a great success. There are all kinds of rumors about the goings on. Many which I believe are false. I actually talked to josh today he knows where I stand and he understands my problems. Trust is a big part of a good customer relationship. And that shop can not be trusted. I'd buy parts from them if need be Josh is a good dude. Would welcome him in my home any time

180rbsx
08-02-2012, 09:37 AM
No problem :) and yeah Josh is a good guy and I'm not on vegas drift currently. Thus far I am just putting my onw two cents in about spintek and maybe helping them out a little bit. I dont take your opinion as bashing because thats what it is an opinion, but I am just posting my experience and who knows maybe they are changing to make their shop better :) I know they dealt me good and JT has bent over backwards for me on several occasions. As far as rumor I haven't heard anything as of yet and havent seen the ripoff report but will check them out. Rumors are just rumors and cannot hold water unless proven to be true right? Maybe they are old experiences? Maybe they might have held truth at one point but they wont know because the shop is trying to be legit? I wouldn't say just stay away but I would say check them out talk to them and see their work before you make your decision. There is no better judgment than ones own. Peace bro :) dont think I'm bashing you either, I'm being as friendly as I can be, unfortunately you can't put too much feeling into text. So right now I'm gonna say that I hope they stay afloat and that everyone elses drifting can stay fun!