PDA

View Full Version : n00b Buyer question...yup, one of those

Stupidflanderz
07-01-2012, 10:52 PM
ok. Not a total nincompoop, but long story short I have a possible buying question:
91 z32 N/A body 170k
tt motor ~70k
NOT MINE YET
apparently first owner blew n/a motor, prolly doing wanna be drift shizz. In goes VG30DETT(I assume they may have been even rougher with TT) and it was sold to current owner. Current owner has had it for 4 years and has been sitting for one year. He says the clutch pedal goes all the way down w/ almost no resistance, and at a rev it wont hold boost; prolly old hoses. What catches my ear is he brought up backfire. Now I KNOW you guys cant give me even a 50% accurate diagnosis, which is why i researched a little bit. To the point, I saw
1] Timing
2] Wiring
3]fuel related components and
4] Exhaust probs

Has anyone been thru this? without seeing it or me buying it, is there any advice besides "Just do it, YOLO" or "look @ the noob, lol"?

itsjustdaphne
07-24-2012, 12:22 PM
with either of those four possible problems in mind, I would not purchase this particular vehicle if I were you..

but like you said, dare I say it.. YO- nope. I can't do it.

silnv
07-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Honestly if I were you, unless this was stupid cheap, I would run away as fast as I could. From my experience of trying trying to fix other peoples projects, it usually ends with a lot more work and a lot less enjoyment. z32 TT swaps are very involved, there could be a million issues causing the problems you are listing. Boot leak, fuel problems, trashed injectors, improper wiring are just a few of the problems it could be.