View Full Version : pbm hydro ebrake bleeding help!!!!!!!!!

dreamin240sx
06-22-2012, 08:57 PM
ok ive been bleeding my brakes and they work wonderful with the pedal. but i still have hardly any resistance on my hydro ebrake. i have an inline setup with stock calipers. if you have any tips or tricks i need them lol cause im about to go nuts lol thanks guys

punxva
06-23-2012, 02:58 PM
i used a power bleeder that hooks to an air compressor and sucked all the fluid through the back a few times and works like a charm. I have the same setup except with full 300zx brakes and r32 BMC btw

roboticnissan
06-23-2012, 03:06 PM
You hve it setup the first generation way? Straight to the master cylinder? Try pressing the pedal then pulling the handbrake. Should be real stiff then. Ive rrad that ppl are putting prop valves in and its fixing the problems. Im in the middle of installing a prop valve on mine

dreamin240sx
06-23-2012, 08:53 PM
does it have to be straight to the mc? my line kit i got with it was to short so i just hooked it to the lines by the frame.

roboticnissan mine does that but it shouldnt right? when i bleed the rears i get all of the air out. but if i pull the ebrake a few times the brake gets no resistance at all and then there is a shit ton of air in my lines again? im confused as hell i just dont see how i have great pedal but no hydro.

roboticnissan
06-25-2012, 04:45 PM
When you bleed the rear brakes, work the hydro brake too and move the air out. Maybe some kind of bleeder before the handbrake would be good. Im sure this is why pbm has a reservoir on the brake itself now