KC224
06-06-2012, 02:50 AM
Solved!!!!!!!

alixander2010
06-06-2012, 03:04 PM
You talking about the ticking sound?

Mitsubayati
06-06-2012, 03:33 PM
The ticking sounds like the injectors/valves. That rubbing sound is probably the chain hitting the valve cover. Either way, it sounds like most KAs do.

shaggy sr
06-06-2012, 03:44 PM
remove the small top tab off timing chain. I think that sounds like ticking.

KC224
06-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Ya more the rubbing kinda thump thump thump sound. Is there a fix? Is it harmless? It's only at idle and car runs great when driving which is why I'm not too worried. Just like to know what the hell it is lol. The top guides were removed, you talking about something else?

Memberofthe600hpkaclub
06-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Might have a broken lower giide and its slapping off the lower chain....ide say time for a new timing set

pacotaco345
06-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Its the injectors ticking... If you unplug one it won't click as much. (not saying drive it like that just as proof that the injectors are what the noise is)

KC224
06-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Ya I know the injectors are ticking which is just common Nissan noisy injectors but I'm asking about the noise which sounds like a timing chain issue it more of a thump.

pacotaco345
06-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Ya I know the injectors are ticking which is just common Nissan noisy injectors but I'm asking about the noise which sounds like a timing chain issue it more of a thump.

Ohhh, yeah I'd say that noise it the timing chain, however I personally wouldn't worry about it. It is your car though not ours. The motor I have in my car now had timing chain death rattle (so bad it actually broke the upper guide) and nothing bad ever happened. After a while I got sick of the noise and replaced it along with a few other things but mechanically the motor was fine. I don't see why yours wouldn't be you can barely hear it over the ticking.

Also, where in socal are you? It wouldn't happen to be in the temecula/murrieta area would it? haha

KC224
06-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Haha ya it's weird since I removed the upper guides I'm think it's just a little chain slack making most of the noise but like I said its only at idle which is why I don't care as much just wanted some opinions.
And nah I live up by sixflags

pacotaco345
06-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Ahh, well if you do replace your timing chain just take the extra day to pull the motor. It makes the replacing part of it 10x easier and you can clean everything in the bay while you're at it.

soryu
06-06-2012, 09:58 PM
my DE sounds the same.(nothing wrong with it)

Memberofthe600hpkaclub
06-06-2012, 10:47 PM
Something I just thought of if you're losing any kind of oil pressure at idle the chain tensioners might be releasing pressure allow on the chain I have a lot of movement... and when you start to rev the engine your oil pressure goes back up to normal so it goes away... could be anything I'm just going off on a rant on something I thought about lol

S14_Adam
08-26-2012, 02:24 AM
i have the exact same sound and it honestly bugs! i havent removed the guides though nor have i popped the valve cover. just had a couple people listen to it. and one thought it was the valves needing to be adjusted. another thought it could be the timing chain guides. hadnt heard of the injector thing. have noticed though it does it only on a cold start up. im leaning towards chain guides or tensioner. how do u check ur tensioner? where is it located? thanks for the help. and i hope ur rattle goes away too! not the business when u start it up and people turn to see what that awful rattle is