PDA

View Full Version : EBrake Question

RoninMunky
05-01-2012, 09:43 AM
If I pull it up, it grabs, at the top, and I can still move the car. Hardly works at all. Looking for a solution, any input would be appreciated. I've searched a little on goggle, nothing too solid to go on.

RoninMunky
05-01-2012, 10:04 AM
if i pull it up, it grabs, at the top, and i can still move the car. Hardly works at all. Looking for a solution, any input would be appreciated. I've searched a little on goggle, nothing too solid to go on.

1990 na 2+2

zooopreme
05-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Could be a couple of things but here's some thing that you should check:

Try tightening the e-brake cable. If that doesn't work, maybe your e-brake's shoes are worn and not holding the rotor in place OR maybe your e-brake is already slacked to it's limit.

While you're there checking, make sure the cable is actually attached to the e-brake drum.

RoninMunky
05-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Could be a couple of things but here's some thing that you should check:

Try tightening the e-brake cable. If that doesn't work, maybe your e-brake's shoes are worn and not holding the rotor in place OR maybe your e-brake is already slacked to it's limit.

While you're there checking, make sure the cable is actually attached to the e-brake drum.

Appreciate the response.

I sold my S13 for the forementioned Z32. I have zero experience with Zs. I take it I should jack it up, but then I don't have a ebrake to keep it from rolling backwards. Where I bought it from insisted that they tightened it to the best of their ability.

The tech flat out told me to replace the line. What part I need to replace is what I need to know as well.

zooopreme
05-02-2012, 11:01 AM
I'm not 100% but if the Z-Chassis' handbrake lever is the same, all you would need is a 10mm deep socket to tighten up that bolt. That's generally how you tighten/loosen it on the S-Chassis.

But if that option is already excercised. Then maybe your cable is completely slacked.

But go through that checklist I gave you in my initial post.