View Full Version : megan racing roll center adjuster issues.

william's'
03-17-2012, 03:08 AM
so i bought these megan roll center adjusters to replace my old worn out ball joints (stock knuckle), after they were installed and aligned i was getting alot of woundering (front-end) all of the road esspecially during freeway speeds and over bumps. so i put the brand new oem ball joints back on and it corrected the issue!! what the F!! anybody had this problem before?

GripTerror
03-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Your problem is that you even bothered to buy megan racing shit... it's garbage and doesn't correct roll center actually...

go to the technical section and look up the roll center thread

PoorMans180SX
03-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Yup, what Grip said.

MyblackS13
04-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Your problem is that you even bothered to buy megan racing shit... it's garbage and doesn't correct roll center actually...

go to the technical section and look up the roll center thread

Just FYI, according to the info on Megan's website the do now correct roll center. I think they've updated the design of the part.

"If the stud of the ball joint is pointed upwards, such is the case with the Nissan 240SX application, the stud portion of the ball joint needs to be elongated to bring the pivot point lower to effectively bring the pivot point lower to correct roll center."

Here's the link.

Megan Racing (http://www.meganracing.com/tech/faqs.asp?id=106&subject=Suspension:%20%20What%20are%20Roll%20Cente r%20Adjusters)

With that said, its too bad that it looks like they still don't work quite right, atleast for the OP anyways.

Hashiriya415
04-10-2012, 01:28 AM
anybody had this problem before?

Trust me, many that bought Megan parts are having problems. At least you found your problem sooner then waiting for the part to break and separate and see your wheel roll in front of you and kill innocent bystander on street. And your car fly into a huge sky scraping tower and bring down the whole tower.

!Zar!
04-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Megan Racing is backed by the Taliban.

GripTerror
04-10-2012, 01:03 PM
I don't think megan racing is backed by students (because that's what taliban means derived from talib, they were students that took up arms to defend afghanistan against the soviets).

I think they are backed by ricers who are lazy ass no good fat mcdonalds eating couch potatos that think ebay parts are good.

GripTerror
04-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Oh and, lol... they stole the description from poormans180sx roll center thread... he contacted them.. and they had to change their page to give credit to him haha.... so lame...

if they are making a product they should AT LEAST have read the whole thread to make the part that needs to be made not bs crap that doesnt work!