PDA

View Full Version : Megan Vs. Circuit Sports RUCA's?

SuperBlackS14
02-15-2012, 10:56 PM
So, I was looking at both of these companies. I know a lot of people on here don't like any Megan components, but I recently had to buy a set of their bushings, and they don't seem poor quality, and I've done a little reading but I wanted more feedback, hopefully from someone who's driven both...

So, quality? Who is better? Cuz they're both the same color and offer camber adjustment, I'm only inquiring personal experience and regardless of what you bought how it held up?

I've read that CS isn't bad quality, but Megan's are slightly pricier (on certain sales sites) and I read Megan's corporate PR about good quality control and being dedicated and super testing, but I'd like some testimonials from users... So, who brought what?

FusionR240sx
02-15-2012, 11:04 PM
they're the same.

irax
02-15-2012, 11:05 PM
Bought Megan camber arms for my gf's civic. The mounting holes weren't correct and had to be stretched out a bit. Welds were not so pretty. Wouldn't use their product on a 240....

leung
02-15-2012, 11:31 PM
crap vs. a little bit better crap

upsdude
02-15-2012, 11:49 PM
or you can get pbm ruca's i don't think they're -that- much more expensive

godrifttoday
02-16-2012, 04:18 AM
Just get better rod ends

sidewaysil80
02-16-2012, 06:30 AM
or get isis, all three are the same shit. thing is isis is cheaper as well as ken @ enjuku will cover the shit out of them. like no questions asked warranty basically.

ManoNegra
02-16-2012, 08:25 AM
different logos and owners
same type of Chinese/Taiwanese catalog-rebranded-parts

but I recently had to buy a set of their bushings, and they don't seem poor quality

if you're referring to their hard rubber Nismo style bushings
is probably because they are Hard Race bushings rebranded as Megan

or get isis, all three are the same shit. thing is isis is cheaper as well as ken @ enjuku will cover the shit out of them. like no questions asked warranty basically.

your shitty parts broke?
No problem, we'll replace them with a brand new set of shitty parts no questions asked!

whitefedorafilms
02-16-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm always glad to come to these threads so I don't have to ask myself. Though i have Teins right now they're certainly preferred to what i've seen from megans end.

Pinggg
02-16-2012, 08:52 AM
I run the godspeed V2 arm which are beefier then my ISIS were and they also have the bend in the toe arms for super low cars.. although i didn't have no problem with ISIS arms.

sidewaysil80
02-16-2012, 09:14 AM
your shitty parts broke?
No problem, we'll replace them with a brand new set of shitty parts no questions asked!

vice, your shitty parts broke your shit out of luck. what would you prefer? obviously the kid doesn't have/want to spend spl, fortune, pbm money so imo thats the best bet for him.

SuperBlackS14
02-16-2012, 09:14 AM
To whitefedorafilms:
I didn't think Tein made RUCA's for the 240? I usually like to read other people asking about this stuff, but I had to ask.

I'm interested in Durability, is the general consensus that they're both crap? Has anyone broken either one? Or bent either one before they expected to? I do daily the car, so I was looking for something that would hold up and give me proper tire wear.

To ManoNegra:
If they are the Hard Race bushings, I couldn't find those if you suggested them to me before.

And yeah: 300 is a lot of money... But if the CS/Megan arms break 3 times before the PBM/ect arm breaks once, it's a better investment.

eliasdrod
02-16-2012, 09:41 AM
ive had the track coilovers from megan for six years daily driving over 100 miles a day and only had to replace the pillow balls which r only 45 bucks

Ninjamasta04
02-16-2012, 10:02 AM
And yeah: 300 is a lot of money... But if the CS/Megan arms break 3 times before the PBM/ect arm breaks once, it's a better investment.

I don't understand why would you risk your life or car buying cheap suspension parts. There is a reason why SPL or PBM are so expensive, that is quality control, and safety.

SuperBlackS14
02-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Well, when you're poor and don't really have a choice... But are the PBMs that much better?

rb25crazy
02-16-2012, 10:19 AM
then leave it stock and save up for a month or however long it takes, alignments aren't free anyway. You'd want to align your car after you install that stuff anyway.

SuperBlackS14
02-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I was going to anyway, since the rest of my arms are getting ES Poly Bushings. I just wanted to make my tires last as long as possible even with a lowered car

jacobs13
02-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Im poor yet I wont buy shit arms because Im scared for my life. Raise your car up to have even tread wear then save to buy a quality arm and alignment. Itll be worth it in the long run.

SuperBlackS14
02-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Well, I came here to find out if they really were shit, It's about getting the job you want done at the lowest cost, while being safe. Since I didn't have the knowledge to make an informed decision, I came here to see if anyone could help with that.

It seems like PBM are the best way to go. I'm running TEIN SS C/Os now because I didn't know of anything better at the time, so far I love those, except the lack of lower adjustibility(sp?). But I've raised the car up because in NY it's winter and even though we've had a lack of snow and I've been busy with the car in the garage, I still didn't wanna be snow plowing when it came out...

But I figured while I had the subframe out, I should look into adjustable RUCA's because my stock ones are beat and offer no adjustibility. I was looking at the Megan's and CS' because they were cheaper. I'd gotten mixed signals up to now on their quality, it seems they rocked for some people and other hated them. So, I thought I'd ask for personal experiences. Since it seems that everyone feels that the best option is the more expensive arms, and since Eric Hsu said it best "...Car parts live a hard life, if you want to save money buy something unimportant", I'll most likely be going with the PBMs.

However if anyone has more opinions on CS or Megan arms, please, I'd love to hear more.

mysharonna
02-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Im poor yet I wont buy shit arms because Im scared for my life. Raise your car up to have even tread wear then save to buy a quality arm and alignment. Itll be worth it in the long run.

Agree^^ Please don't buy Megan or CS.

ryandriftingfat
02-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Megan stuff is so shitty even the stickers they include with their parts are low quality.

I bought a turbo elbow from them - you need 3 bolts to go into the turbine housing and 3 bolts to connect to the downpipe.

I got 4 bolts to the downpipe and 2 to the turbine housing. In addition, all three of the holes in the lower flange had shitty threads and ended up stripping the studs going in. I threadlocked them and pushed them in as far as it would go so it should be OK, but the build quality is terrible.

Exhaust pipes are one thing, suspension is another. I have the CS arms (and a bunch of other CS stuff) and it all looks pretty good.

DenkiMan!
02-16-2012, 01:13 PM
what we basically have here friends, are two big bowls of shit....only difference between the two is the smell

Hoffman5982
02-16-2012, 02:15 PM
What about Stance arms? They're a happy medium as far as price goes between CS and SPL and seem to be pretty good quality.

ManoNegra
02-16-2012, 02:55 PM
What about Stance arms? They're a happy medium as far as price goes between CS and SPL and seem to be pretty good quality.

Save up and buy SPL stuff
Don't buy from a company that rips off designs.

Hoffman5982
02-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Save up and buy SPL stuff
Don't buy from a company that rips off designs.

That doesn't answer the question.

SuperBlackS14
02-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Was looking at the SPL stuff, it looks nice, color wise as well as design. Expensive tho... Worth it? They're Titanium aren't they?

waxball88
02-16-2012, 04:22 PM
Over a year on ISIS arms.

Fuck the haters.

MadScientist
02-16-2012, 04:22 PM
Wow...

Take a dump in your left hand... barf in your right hand... now start clapping!!
Have friends take pictures, piont, and laugh at your epic fail... this is your future, change directions now!!

To answer you honestly... they are both crap and will not last, you should buy from a company that actually focuses on that area your building, and not just offers a part they never track tested. These companies can cover their ass by selling you a product that is "0ff road, not street legal, aftermarket" and hide behind that when it fails, or just blame you for miss use... happens all the time.

SPL will not do this, and if something does fail they want pic and all the info to make the product better.

Everyone is being hard on you so you will learn now and not make the same mistakes others have.

Pay to Play... its a way of life and you can't cheat.

DoobieS13
02-16-2012, 04:23 PM
color? really? just get some damn pbms.

Irresistible
02-16-2012, 04:35 PM
I got Megan traction rods, and Stance RUCAs and Toe rods. Stance arms are great and come with Aurora bearings. The Megan traction rods honestly don't seem too bad, but I got them because the traction rod doesn't seem super important to me, and I wanted to have full adjustability. I will, however, be checking up on them quite often to make sure they are holding up.

SuperBlackS14
02-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Well I appreciate you guys looking out for me.

So between PBM and SPL. Thanks guys for the feedback.

naw_speed
02-16-2012, 04:49 PM
look you get what you pay for. if you buy cheap $hit then do an alignment. sweet!! your cheap $hit breaks. then you buy more cheap shit an align again. not so sweet... the process will be heartbreaking in the end when you find out at you could have waited bought the right parts the first time and saved money. then you would be the guy that would have been writing this post or the guy that all your friends ask about the best parts to use, and are the envy of all you friends cause you got the dopest ride...
the proper way to go is to save and buy all the parts you need (coilovers, arms, and bushings) to align the car to your preference ie.(daily, drifter, or autocross) what ever it may be. then install, align, and tweek as necessary.

i don't write many post but when i do i just like to be informative and true. i have been through many set ups and learned my lesson. so just trying to pass the info down.

my set up....
fortune auto coilovers 500 Series (PBM was out of stock at the time).
Rear: PBM toe rods, trac rods, RUCAs, and subframe spacers, cusco sway bar w/pu bushing
Front: PBM tension rods, cusco sway bar w/pu bushing, and megan inner/outter tie rods..... and at the moment i am replacing the outter tie rods they have only been in for one year. my ride is a dd/midnight brawler..........and i am very happy wit everthing.

Sennate
02-16-2012, 04:52 PM
or you can get pbm ruca's i don't think they're -that- much more expensive

pbm is made in taiwain. Same shit. Still better than megan and circuitsports.

sidewaysil80
02-16-2012, 04:54 PM
whats funny about this thread/the internet in general is that it literally convinced this guy to spend almost 3x as much on arms that he was willing to spend. I LOVE how people have this connotation that megan/isis/cs/etc. will spontaneously explode and cause you to die. i'm willing to bet some are just fanbois/nutriders who probably don't have spl/pbm themselves fwiw.

i've ran megan and isis arms on my last couple of track cars. one was daily driven for over 2 years and saw weekly drift events/drifting. i had no issues. isis, same quality but as i pointed out earlier comes with a no questions asked warranty basically. is pbm, spl, fortune, etc. better quality? OF COURSE IT IS...you obviously get what you pay for. but, that doesn't mean all lower end brands are complete shit and not going to work.

CURRENTLY, on my street car i'm running all cusco arms. the reason i went a different route was because i'm financially fortunate nowadays to afford the "name brand" shit, that and i kind of went all out on this build. but, if your broke your broke and get what you can afford. just choose wisely and get the best thats in your budget.

EDIT: if you are truly considering a higher end company, i STRONGLY suggest fortune auto. TONS of pro-am/xdc drivers are beating the shit out of their parts and they are taking the abuse. in addition tested, assembled, warrantied, and based out of the U.S. (near richmond, va) is a giant perk too. do your own research and make your own decision. don't listen to shit heads on the internet (including me).

naw_speed
02-16-2012, 05:12 PM
pbm is made in taiwain. Same shit. Still better than megan and circuitsports.

probably not!! made in taiwain.

Parts Shop MAX newest super low S-Chassis camber arm fabrication - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j47Sgvj3Whw)

JDMpurest
02-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Why not just buy a quality brand used pair of RUCA's?

streetprototype
02-16-2012, 05:47 PM
like stated above just buy quality, save you time and money! better to do it right the first time then having to learn your lesson the hardway.

streetprototype
02-16-2012, 05:49 PM
btw those who keep saying" just buy pbms...or spl" get off the fvckin fanboi bandwagon. he has other reputable options to choose from!

WERDdabuilder
02-16-2012, 05:59 PM
no love for battle version? i dont get it, why cant you just save up money for one more week and buy legit arms from the get-go?

Kr5Kouki
02-16-2012, 06:06 PM
My battle version rear end bars are legit. Full set, no issue. I abuse my suspension on back roads and trails.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jerrys14q
02-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Just save up don't be in such a hurry I bought some used pbm tension rods for $100
no problems whats so ever.

leung
02-16-2012, 06:34 PM
look you get what you pay for...

Funny that you have a pic of your engine bay with a meagan racing sticker on the fan shroud in your sig. Just sayin'

Pinggg
02-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Funny that you have a pic of your engine bay with a meagan racing sticker on the fan shroud in your sig. Just sayin'

:Owned:

mssglength

naw_speed
02-16-2012, 07:23 PM
yes... i have many megan parts... so what... never said megan was bad, but side by side quality shows... i'm all for people buying and selling low price parts. just trying to help a fellow man make a good chose the first time... i'm pretty sure someone once in your life told you not to stick your tongue on a steel pole @ below freezing temps right....
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w397/naw_speed/xmass.jpg

bladetech8
02-17-2012, 04:39 AM
- SPL
- PBM
- CUSCO/Kazama
- Battle Version

^ Best parts for the money!

I'm personally running SPL arms all around, except for the RUCA (PBM's half-moon design doesn't hit my coilover spring so I had no other choice)

Howie Felter Snatch
02-17-2012, 04:43 AM
Running SPL Arms all around.. Made in the USA and if you give a damn about this country, it would be a good idea to support companies that manufacture and produce goods here on this very soil. They're damn good quality and have excellent reputation. Gotta pay to play kids.. ;)

ManoNegra
02-17-2012, 08:25 AM
That doesn't answer the question.

I don't support shit companies. Clear enough?

whats funny about this thread/the internet in general is that it literally convinced this guy to spend almost 3x as much on arms that he was willing to spend.

shit's always been priced about the same
it's funny how cheap asses these days expect to pay 1/3 the price for 'quality' arms

i'm willing to bet some are just fanbois/nutriders who probably don't have spl/pbm themselves fwiw.

SPL, Peak Performance and some Powertrix arms (renmants of my peasant days) on my cars

EDIT: if you are truly considering a higher end company, i STRONGLY suggest fortune auto. TONS of pro-am/xdc drivers are beating the shit out of their parts and they are taking the abuse. in addition tested, assembled, warrantied, and based out of the U.S. (near richmond, va) is a giant perk too. do your own research and make your own decision. don't listen to shit heads on the internet (including me).

I would trust driver opinions only if they bought the stuff with their own money
drivers accepting sponsorships from inferior brands just to get by is a very common thing
and why support a Johnny-come-lately brand offering products to a saturated market?

!Zar!
02-17-2012, 08:29 AM
Kazama links suck. Their heims turn into floppy vaginas fairly quickly.

SPL has always been where my love lie.

I haven't had any quality problems with PBM either.

Also, streetprototype is ignorant.

sidewaysil80
02-17-2012, 08:41 AM
I would trust driver opinions only if they bought the stuff with their own money
drivers accepting sponsorships from inferior brands just to get by is a very common thing
and why support a Johnny-come-lately brand offering products to a saturated market?

I agree but look at their coil over thread, they make a REALLY REALLY good product. their arms are equally as beefy and just as good. tons and I mean TONS of drivers from this area (mid-atlantic) are using them and they are beyond fine. I don't get the "johnny-come-lately brand" comment. I get their new but i don't see what the market being saturated has to do with it. for as far back as i can remember it's been any of the jdm companies or spl for good arms. then pbm came around/blew up, so why hate just cause they're new. not mention their rucas are completley one off, they are the only company that r&d'd/uses that design.

Prok0
02-17-2012, 08:56 AM
SPL is awesome, super high quality, great rod ends, great customer service.

And they are always on the leading edge of new suspension technology and design!

Check out all their stuff!
SPL Parts Products - Enjuku Racing Parts, LLC (http://www.enjukuracing.com/brands/SPL-Parts.html)

ManoNegra
02-17-2012, 08:56 AM
I get their new but i don't see what the market being saturated has to do with it.

A reference to all these companies that have sprung out like weeds over the last few years
that offer nearly identical product catalogs and no innovation to exploit a community of cheap, image conscious and entitled sheep.

The "hate" you refer to is mostly disgust at the obvious trends and willingness of the community to be blindly led like lemmings in the pursuit of instant gratification.

Ninjamasta04
02-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Well I appreciate you guys looking out for me.

So between PBM and SPL. Thanks guys for the feedback.

I personally had SPL everything, minus the lower control arms, on my last S14. They are a big difference and you can feel it. Another plus side is that few years later on the road if your helm joints break, you can replace them for $40 or less depends on how far you live from Texas.

sidewaysil80
02-17-2012, 09:26 AM
A reference to all these companies that have sprung out like weeds over the last few years
that offer nearly identical product catalogs and no innovation to a exploit a community of cheap, image conscious and entitled sheep.

The "hate" you refer to is mostly disgust at the obvious trends and willingness of the community to be blindly led like lemmings in the pursuit of instant gratification.

i guess we (I) are getting off topic. all i was saying is that fortune should be considered in the spl category and imo better then or equal to pbm. but def not written off as another godspeed, megan, etc. or trend. and my comment about isis was simply saying that out of all the lower end brands (lets face it, not everyone can afford $250 arms) they seem to be the best (no major failures/breaks reported) and at least have a great warranty through enjuku.

Prok0
02-17-2012, 10:00 AM
and my comment about isis was simply saying that out of all the lower end brands (lets face it, not everyone can afford $250 arms) they seem to be the best (no major failures/breaks reported) and at least have a great warranty through enjuku.

The ISIS arms are definitely a good choice for lower cost/budget minded people.

I worked on Patrick Goodin's Formula D Pro AM car the last 2 years which ran all ISIS arms, and I was very surprised the beating they handled. (Crashed at Irwindale, another driver was driving his car and crashed head on at 30+ at CFRC, countless very rough dirt drops/pavement transfers, collisions, etc, and not one arm broken/bent)
When the car crashed head on it ripped the tension rod bracket out of the core support and bent the engine cross member where the lower control arm mounts, but the tension rod was un-damaged.
He also hit a wall and shifted the entire subframe and did not damage any of the toe/ruca/traction arms.

They do no have the highest quality rod ends, and the coating/paint they use does chip off but for 400$ for a full set of arms that have been proven to take a substantial beating and not break, and also carry a great warranty, it is not a bad option for the budget minded enthusiast.

Moore
02-17-2012, 10:27 AM
I personally have no experience with the higher end arms but I have been running my megan full rear and front tractions for 3 seasons now with no issues. I daily drive the car on rough roads and track it around 6 times a season. I did get tien coilovers, but imo for a daily driven car its just a link. My heim joints have held up and I even drove it the first year in the winter.

ixfxi
02-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Well, when you're poor and don't really have a choice... But are the PBMs that much better?

i love how you guys are so fucking hardcore, that you find an absolute NEED for shitty parts (in this case, control arms).

please elaborate, because guys who've been in the community for 15+ years have been running modified stock arms with stiffer bushings and elongated bolt holes for additional camber adjustment. now you guys want to talk nonsense and use two opposite words in the same sentence: POOR and RACE

fucking shit, i hate reading half the dribble on this forum for this very reason, its like reading a discussion between retards.

Over a year on ISIS arms.

Fuck the haters.

I love hearing about how good a suspension component is from someone who lives in Florida. FLORIDA. You dont even NEED suspension, springs, or any of that shit in Florida. Its all fucking FLAT and perfectly paved.

Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

Pinggg
02-17-2012, 11:11 AM
I love hearing about how good a suspension component is from someone who lives in Florida. FLORIDA. You dont even NEED suspension, springs, or any of that shit in Florida. Its all fucking FLAT and perfectly paved.

Get the fuck out of here with that shit.[/QUOTE]

You can't really say that because not all of florida roads are good..
yes a lot of it is but not all. If you don't live in florida or have lived here then you can't be saying anything.

SuperBlackS14
02-17-2012, 11:16 AM
i love how you guys are so fucking hardcore, that you find an absolute NEED for shitty parts (in this case, control arms).

please elaborate, because guys who've been in the community for 15+ years have been running modified stock arms with stiffer bushings and elongated bolt holes for additional camber adjustment. now you guys want to talk nonsense and use two opposite words in the same sentence: POOR and RACE

I never said I wanted them to race. In any part of this thread. There is a diffence between being frugal and being stupid, which is what I came here to ask opinions about. I said I wanted them to daily and obviously if the cheaper arms broke it's not cost conscious at that point, so I came asking for durability. What I got was a lot of SPL Recommendations, and I appreciate the people that added legitimate input, but those that flamed without adding anything any real info, haven't helped.

Personally I'd appreciate you not bringing something completely unhelpful to a "help" thread but that's just me. If anyone else wants to weight in, you're welcome to, but I recently had a personal opportunity to upgrade my budget, and will be going with the SPL's for the durability and the glowing reviews I got from people. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

This thread can be locked pending moderators convenience because I've made my decision and I feel that my question has been answered. Neither is better than the other is the conclusion I've drawn.

Thank you sidewayssil80 and the others who's name's I can't remember off the top of my head. I really appreciate the help! :)

donabeast
02-17-2012, 11:41 AM
I bought my car 5-6 years ago with all of magens suspention parts and ive never had a problem with them, i daily and track my car regularly, the car also came with a turbo mani and down pipe the mani cracked and they replaced it free of charge even though i wasnt the origanal perchaser. I like megan racing.

S_13_Sr.
02-17-2012, 12:05 PM
this made me really curious.. i just bought a 240 and the seller threw in some knockoff links that im too scared to use..

how bad is bad??

can anyone produce some pics of how and where they have broken?

is there a huge difference between these three designs? are two arms better than one? is squared better than round?

http://www.importimageracing.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/c/screen_shot_2011-10-26_at_1.35.07_am.png

http://stance-usa.com/sus/images/stories/chassis/stnc-240SX-RUCA2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/akihabro13/DSC09083.jpg

i figured since everyone on here seems to be an expert i could get some imput...

bussitcustoms
02-17-2012, 12:09 PM
I've owned 4 Megan products. Their exhaust, their tension rods, short shifter, and ruca's. I was highly disappointed with all 4 of them. The exhaust rusted out in a year (literally, one year), the short shifter rattled from the get go, the ruca's were unimpressive build quality, and one of the tension Rods straight up SNAPPED. The tension rods were only on the car for about 4 months. I wouldn't even trust Megan as an "in a pinch" aftermarket part supplier. Everything they make is garbage, and you're better off leaving it stock until you can afford something of better quality. I'm currently in the market for coilovers, and I wouldn't consider Megan an option even if they were free. You don't skimp on suspension components. My safety is worth more to me than saving a couple bucks by buying something that's downright dangerous to ride on.

Ive only owned one CS product, and it was the short shifter that replaced my Megan. It works flawlessly.

!Zar!
02-17-2012, 12:15 PM
There is more to a RUCA than just the looks. The heim is important as well. You don't want a floppy ass arm that is jiggeling all over the place after a short amount of use. The heims themselves are part of the reason why some RUCA's cost so much.

Also, a circle is stronger than a square.

Didn't Fortune Auto initially come out with ruca's EXACTLY like PBM? So much in fact that PBM felt the need to change their design?

vehicle336
02-17-2012, 09:04 PM
I have Cusco's. They seem to be working pretty well. Definitely worth the cost for quality.

sidewaysil80
02-17-2012, 09:12 PM
There is more to a RUCA than just the looks. The heim is important as well. You don't want a floppy ass arm that is jiggeling all over the place after a short amount of use. The heims themselves are part of the reason why some RUCA's cost so much.

Also, a circle is stronger than a square.

Didn't Fortune Auto initially come out with ruca's EXACTLY like PBM? So much in fact that PBM felt the need to change their design?

not that i'm aware of, i know pbm and spl are damn near identical. iirc pbm changed their design and now they are very very similar to the spl.
fortune just came out with the flat ones (rucas) and those have been their only design. you might be thinking of stance or i could be wrong.

ixfxi
02-18-2012, 11:33 AM
I never said I wanted them to race. In any part of this thread. There is a diffence between being frugal and being stupid, which is what I came here to ask opinions about.

The problem is, no one here has ever made a gaddamn point by even saying why these aftermarket control arms are even necessary. People buy shit just to list them as modifications, when indeed they're nothing but bullshit. I can understand having the need for full-on adjustability if you're always racing and competing, and if thats the case, then you should be smart enough to know a good product from a shitty one. I stopped going to meets LONG ago because of all the dorky, living-at-home, tight-pant wearing, wanna-be hipster, part-time racecar drivers who rather than do their own R&D and investigate what makes a good product from a bad one - simply rely on online reviews and worth of mouth. This is not newegg, we're not talking about buying some electronic device. This is a fucking car part, it should be built with high quality materials. In fact, it should be built with HIGHER quality materials than OE. If you dont get something better than stock, then please answer....... why the FUCK are you even wasting your time with these shitty parts? Because they're cheaper? Cheaper than what? Surely they're not cheaper than stock, because you already have stock.

So if you need camber adjustment, my advice is to quit being a pussy and grab a rotary file and elongate your stock camber arms. There you go, now you have the extra camber adjustment you need.

I've owned 4 Megan products. Their exhaust, their tension rods, short shifter, and ruca's. I was highly disappointed with all 4 of them. The exhaust rusted out in a year (literally, one year), the short shifter rattled from the get go, the ruca's were unimpressive build quality, and one of the tension Rods straight up SNAPPED. The tension rods were only on the car for about 4 months. I wouldn't even trust Megan as an "in a pinch" aftermarket part supplier. Everything they make is garbage, and you're better off leaving it stock until you can afford something of better quality. I'm currently in the market for coilovers, and I wouldn't consider Megan an option even if they were free. You don't skimp on suspension components. My safety is worth more to me than saving a couple bucks by buying something that's downright dangerous to ride on.

^ As you can see, the proof is in the pudding. Thank god smart people still exist. I often lose hope.

You guys get me fuckin excited....!

sidewaysil80
02-18-2012, 02:24 PM
rant

seriously calm down bud. we all know you're the oldest member on here and you probably have high blood pressure. I enjoy your posts and don't want your old ass to have a heart attack.

jacobzking
02-18-2012, 02:35 PM
i had megan coil overs on my sc430, sc300tt, nsx and now on my s14 (and also helped 3 other local people install them on sc300 and is300). i also have megan radiator, radiator hoses, rucas, tie rods ends, tension rods and a few other bits here and there. i've been completely happy with all of their parts so far. the s14 i just wrapped up is a track car, so we'll see how all that stuff holds up on the track.

i'm a happy megan buyer.

!Zar!
02-18-2012, 03:11 PM
i had megan coil overs on my sc430, sc300tt, nsx and now on my s14 (and also helped 3 other local people install them on sc300 and is300). i also have megan radiator, radiator hoses, rucas, tie rods ends, tension rods and a few other bits here and there. i've been completely happy with all of their parts so far. the s14 i just wrapped up is a track car, so we'll see how all that stuff holds up on the track.

i'm a happy megan buyer.

You don't even know why their products suck. Your logic is, 'my shit hasn't broken yet, so it's good'. That logic is about as reasonable as fucking a bunch of hookers without a condom and saying, 'I haven't contracted any diseases yet so unprotected sex is cool'.

Fact, I had a set of megan coils given to me, I tracked the car one day later, and threw them out in about a week.

not that i'm aware of, i know pbm and spl are damn near identical. iirc pbm changed their design and now they are very very similar to the spl.
fortune just came out with the flat ones (rucas) and those have been their only design. you might be thinking of stance or i could be wrong.

My bad, they were the toe and traction rods that made Dan change up his own links.
http://zilvia.net/f/suspension/374559-introducing-fortune-auto-tension-traction-toe-arms-iir-master-dealer.html

I'm sure Dan probably thinks I hate him or something, but if I was able to choose only a couple brands in terms of links and stuff, it would be SPL and PBM.

jacobzking
02-18-2012, 03:30 PM
You don't even know why their products suck. Your logic is, 'my shit hasn't broken yet, so it's good'. That logic is about as reasonable as fucking a bunch of hookers without a condom and saying, 'I haven't contracted any diseases yet so unprotected sex is cool'.

Fact, I had a set of megan coils given to me, I tracked the car one day later, and threw them out in about a week.

so if they don't break, don't leak, spring rates are accurate and they are valved the way I want them... why do they suck so bad?

mikeys13
02-18-2012, 03:34 PM
I have circuit sport ruca's and Megan toe rods, they're fine. and i daily drive them and drift as well. They're fine.

BOROSUN
02-18-2012, 03:51 PM
i had megans for awhile until i switched to pbm.

it was okay, its seemed beefier than than the newer ones now. it had a heims rubber cover. i also sprayed teflon dry coating to maximize protection.

my advice is get the halfmoon style ruca with extra low angle like pbm. its just way easier to move around stuff.

Bboyswift
02-18-2012, 04:01 PM
I have the Megan track coilovers. They ride nice. Haven't blown for dailying it and drifting it. Id buy them again

!Zar!
02-18-2012, 04:05 PM
so if they don't break, don't leak, spring rates are accurate and they are valved the way I want them... why do they suck so bad?

They are valved like shit, hence why I got rid of them immediately.

The heim joints on their links are worthless and flip around almost straight out of the box.

But whatever, I'm just a, 'hater'.

Carry on with your shitty car dear Sir.

I love how people use the excuse, 'it hasn't broken on me so it must be a quality part'.

That's like saying, ' a geo metro is on par with a ferrari, because my metro does the same thing'.

thedeadking
02-18-2012, 04:08 PM
I have Megan RUCA's and I can't wait to install the replacement SPL units I bought. The reason being is because the bearings are seized. Also, the rubber dust boots crumbled away a month or two after I installed them; I replaced them with ones from PowerTrix. Spend your money wisely the first time and buy the whatever higher end unit you can afford, and stay with stock until then if possible.

sidewaysil80
02-18-2012, 05:45 PM
My bad, they were the toe and traction rods that made Dan change up his own links.
http://zilvia.net/f/suspension/374559-introducing-fortune-auto-tension-traction-toe-arms-iir-master-dealer.html

I'm sure Dan probably thinks I hate him or something, but if I was able to choose only a couple brands in terms of links and stuff, it would be SPL and PBM.

they were similar but i dont think they copied them. i mean, pbm "changed" their design shortly after spl did and now they are almost identical (same features, same look, same design). hell, fortune are the only ones with their own design on rucas so that shows they're def not copying anyone. i dig them because they are a local company, hand made in usa, awesome warranty, awesome heim joints, great materials, and great craftsmanship. i guess we can agree to disagree though lol.