PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix Performance Philadelphia, Pa

collegekid
02-15-2012, 05:21 PM
What can I say? I went there once to ask about a rebuild for a Ka24de. All they care about is money. He kept saying it would not cost more than 4500 for a rebuilt engine. I asked what he would do and had no answer, just that it would cost 4500. I asked if they had a machine shop and they said no they would take it somewhere, but it wouldnt cost more than 4500.
Then he asked to take a look at the engine. I said go for it, thinking he would literally just LOOK at the engine or something. He goes in and gets a code reader and scans my car for codes even though i told him already that my car had a check engine light on for an o2 sensor, knock sensor, and the idle air control valve and there was no need. He still scanned it and then said lets go for a drive. He drove around the block and started commenting on how the transmission kicks from 1st to 2nd.

I kept reminding him i only want to know what parts he would use for a ka rebuild,whether it would be stock for stock or a low compression rebuild or high compression rebuild, etc. He pulls in, writes up a bill for $50 saying he scanned my ecu and performed a road test. Then he says "If you do a rebuild with me, i will credit the $50 towards the rebuild. I said screw off, paid the $50 and left. Never went back there again

I also asked about an auto to manual swap and he started ranting about how auto transmissions are so much better at drag racing. I explained clearly that it was just for street driving