PDA

View Full Version : Sopa

the a3k
01-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Stop American Censorship (http://americancensorship.org/)

a lot of websites like google, reddit, wikipedia are planning a blackout to raise awareness

this cannot pass

the a3k
01-17-2012, 11:16 PM
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/

Walperstyle
01-18-2012, 09:16 AM
I am all for SOPA if they start a police force to shut-up retards on youtube. The internet has a small DIY network, and MASSIVE retard breeding network.

sr20sean
01-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Yes, if only we could ban all idiots from using the internet... :rolleyes:

Zilvia would be down to very few users if that actually happened.

Walperstyle
01-18-2012, 09:48 AM
I was actually hopeful that the IP would be traced and the Individual would be dealt with. SOPA allows this possibility.

nightsauce
01-18-2012, 09:52 AM
I was actually hopeful that the IP would be traced and the Individual would be dealt with. SOPA allows this possibility.

SOPA allows this and the NDAA allows people to be held without due process. The US is becoming a facist country and the people are too blinded with celebrity news and other crap to notice.

SimpleS14
01-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Former senator and MPAA CEO Chris Dodd speaks out against SOPA blackouts | The Verge (http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/18/2715892/MPAA-CEO-chris-dodd-statement-sopa-blackout-protest)

ronmcdon
01-18-2012, 02:44 PM
^
that link didn't work for me.

stinky_180
01-18-2012, 03:18 PM
its funny how he states

Chris Dodd, former senator and current MPAA CEO, starts his statement under the guise of concern, saying sites participating in blackout day (such as Reddit and Wikipedia) are "irresponsible" and "resorting to stunts that punish their users."

And he thinks SOPA/PIPA wouldn't punish users of websites? retard

All these blackouts are an example of what will happen if these bills/acts, whatever you want to call them, actually go into effect.

the a3k
01-18-2012, 07:35 PM
My friends email to Howard Gantman (VP of the MPAA - [email protected] )

Dear Sir,

I am responding to the letter that you wrote concerning the recent blackouts by tech giants.

How dare you? How dare you call blacking out a website or posting a banner on a website an abuse of power?
Abuse of power, you mean like giving ABSOLUTE power to judicial courts (and therefore the Entertainment Industry which BUYS them) the power to shut down a website, force a website not to do business with another, or force censorship on the American Public?

You, and your cronies, want to claim that piracy is costing the American Public millions in revenue, and thousands of jobs from the leading job creator in the country? Where do you get your information from? A quick Google search will show the top 10 job creating industries in 2011. Somehow, and I know this may come as a shock to you, the Entertainment Industry fails to make the list. Another point being, we've been in a recession for a few years now, and the unemployment figures never get any better, my question is: where are these jobs you people are magically creating? Get with the program.

Laws like SOPA were written by lobbyists whose sole interest is stealing more money from the American taxpayer. You people spent over $90 million dollars writing this law by itself. Where do you get the gall to think that you can buy legislation and vilify anyone who has the "nerve" to stand up to something that will take away his/her rights and freedoms?

If SOPA and PIPA pass, Piracy will not go away. It is insane to think that people will not find a way to get around these laws. All the passage of these laws will do is create the world's second greatest Internet censorship: being outdone only by China.

I know you will probably not read this, and even if you do, you will not agree, because you are paid good money to have your mind made up for you by a corporation (by the way, I hope you are very proud of yourself for having zero freewill) and you will probably not respond.

Either way, the voices of people who don't have the money to buy a law STILL NEED TO BE HEARD.

Thanks and have a great life

Matej
01-19-2012, 04:09 PM
On a somewhat related note:
Megaupload's Kim Schmitz arrested in Auckland, site shut down (http://www.3news.co.nz/Megaupload-founder-arrested-in-Auckland-site-shut-down/tabid/412/articleID/240007/Default.aspx)

DoobieS13
01-19-2012, 07:06 PM
fuck yea

'Anonymous' Hackers Claim To Take Down Justice Department Website In Retaliation For Megaupload Shutdown | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/01/19/anonymous-hackers-claim-to-take-down-justice-department-website-in-retaliation/)

N2WqU-HvyUI

Walperstyle
01-22-2012, 03:23 PM
SOPA allows this and the NDAA allows people to be held without due process. The US is becoming a facist country and the people are too blinded with celebrity news and other crap to notice.

Just because we have had a couple bad fascist leaders doesn't mean you shouldn't give it another chance. There is such thing as a benevolent dictatorship.