PDA

View Full Version : heim joint spacers

USAFs13
12-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Ok just wanting to see if anybody else ever went on a hunt for these. I was putting on my isis suspension arms and the misalignment spacer fell in the abyss that is the auto hobby shop..... so now im on the hunt to find another one asap. Before I have one overnighted to me... even though this is a suspension piece could i find this in a hardware store like lowes or home depot or any auto store?

Here is a link to see what they look like... https://www.tyagiracing.com/products/1%7b47%7d2-x-3%7b47%7d8-Rose-Joint-Misalignment-Spacer-Reducer.html?setCurrencyId=3

sidewayz240
12-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Their car specific. Call the manufacturer or a distributor and buy some.

JaredP
12-19-2011, 11:44 PM
^^^ not car specific, theyre made for heim joints. i know theres a place you can get these, id say ask in the suspension pickup thread or fab thread in the tech section. i cant remember which one specifically but i remember one of them having talk of the spacers

ManoNegra
12-20-2011, 08:45 AM
^^^ not car specific, theyre made for heim joints. i know theres a place you can get these, id say ask in the suspension pickup thread or fab thread in the tech section. i cant remember which one specifically but i remember one of them having talk of the spacers

so you're saying these spacers with metric sized IDs and perfect height to fit s-chassis subframe pick up points are off the shelf items?
This I want to see.

JaredP
12-20-2011, 09:39 AM
as far as i know yes. lots of talk of custom heim joint products in one of those threads and the question came up on where to get the spacers. maybe those were a "universal" spacer, and the ones specifically needed for the OP *are* car specific, at which point its my misunderstanding, but from what i know...you can get misalignment spacers somewhere online

maverickmotorsports
12-20-2011, 09:49 AM
The spacers ARE car specific and also specific to what arm you are trying to replace. There is also the size of the rod end to consider as well as the bolt going through it.

Ever tried to fit an S14 toe rod in an S13 subframe? Won't go because the spacers are too wide for the width on the s13 subframe.

racepar1
12-20-2011, 09:51 AM
Nobody is going to offer a drop in solution other than the manufacturer of the arm that you bought. First off 99% of heim joints used in the USA are SAE sized. Your cheap arms are likely metric. Any spacers you find listed are going to be SAE, not metric. Metric heim joints/hardware are not easy to come by here in the US. Second, even if you could find something that wouls fit into the bearing properly it won't be machined to the proper dimensions to fit the car. You would have to machine it to fit. Why not just have a machine shop make you a whole new one at that point?

JaredP
12-20-2011, 09:53 AM
then i am corrected. i was under the impression you could buy them in a wide variety of sizes. i was aware of the s14 rod in s13 problem, but i also thought that could be corrected by buying new spacers

ryan hagen
12-20-2011, 10:02 AM
ballistic fabrication has them in SAE sizes, i built all my own toe and traction rods, using 5/8 QA1 joints, and SS spacers from ballistic, then bought afco threaded rods, and had to get some forks bent and drilled.

!Zar!
12-20-2011, 11:01 AM
They are isis arms, just go to 7-11 and buy another one.

USAFs13
12-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Problem solved....... The guys over at enjukuracing are going to replace it.

blueshark123
12-20-2011, 11:33 AM
yea i lost one of these thank god i was able to machine a new one.