PDA

View Full Version : need help with my s13 1990!

eliminator024
10-25-2011, 05:03 PM
i just bought a 240sx and its having some major issues any help would be greatly appreciated :D

so the first problem is that for some reason my engine well shake not violently, i can still drive it but enough to shake the car at idle only.
so i pulled my spark plug wires and fuel wires off each cylinder and i believe there is a problem with the 2nd cylinder because it didn't shake any worse or die when anything from the 2nd was pulled, spark plugs and wires are new, nothing wrong with injectors, i got 160 compression on all cylinders but i don't know what this problem is it comes and goes away sometimes the car runs perfect and it wont shake anymore but then it comes back.

my 2nd problem is my car makes a weird squeaking rattling sound when im going less then 20mph and my shiftier shakes violently, this problem started about 2 weeks ago, could it be my carrier Bering on the drive shaft?

and my last problem is that when i turn a corner my rear end of the car dose not feal right and it shakes a little but it might have tom do with my second problem.

Jharrops13
10-25-2011, 05:16 PM
i had the same problems with mine, your first problem could either be the o-ring is no good or the plug that goes into the injector itself could be either bad or not on all the way. on mine the plug had a broken clip and would fall off, as for the squeaking mine was more of a scratching and that was because my carrier bearing was bad. hope this helps

RandallSharp
10-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Have you checked the engine mounts? My buddy's mounts went bad in his teggy and we could shake the engine by hand. Needless to say, his vibrated pretty badly and has less moving mass.

eliminator024
10-29-2011, 10:03 PM
any one know of what my 2nd problem could be.
and thanks for the help

Driftbandit
11-03-2011, 02:39 AM
How many miles are on this car? It sounds like every bushing/mount on it is done for! I would def fix the miss first because it's probably getting terrible gas mileage if its running 3 cylinders. Start with a basic tune up. Then do motor and trans mount, and most likely subframe bushings. I had an s13 with a bad carrier bearing and u-joints, but it was bad at speeds above 20mph. Still wouldn't hurt to replace though.