PDA

View Full Version : possible move to norcal from socal

amdnivram
05-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Well there's a good chance that I will be going to university of California San Francisco. Although i have been to San Francisco a couple of times, i don't know nearly enough about living there. I'll be going there for at least 4 years so i need a permanent place. I cant move in with a lot of room-mates because my gf is moving with me. I would love any recommendations on where i should look for a place.

TheNextAzn
05-23-2011, 08:18 PM
I'd recommend looking into daly city, its on the south border of San Francisco. I goto school at sfsu, and used to live in daly city. It's cheaper, and will have normal parking situations, where as In the city there is none, lol.

I was renting a room, but there are cheaper apartment rentals u can find. If you Want to look in other cities, u can try, Burlingame..San Bruno.. All those areas would be a freeways drive.. No more than 20 minutes depending on traffic.

roushman90
05-23-2011, 08:43 PM
I'd recommend looking into daly city, its on the south border of San Francisco. I goto school at sfsu, and used to live in daly city. It's cheaper, and will have normal parking situations, where as In the city there is none, lol.

I was renting a room, but there are cheaper apartment rentals u can find. If you Want to look in other cities, u can try, Burlingame..San Bruno.. All those areas would be a freeways drive.. No more than 20 minutes depending on traffic.

+1, way cheaper. As long as you have a car for transportation.

usdm180sx
05-23-2011, 09:09 PM
You know why there's so much fog in Daly City right? All the Filipinos cooking rice lol

amdnivram
05-24-2011, 02:23 PM
I've been looking into daly city, although the prices are not that much cheeper, they do at least have parking which is pretty important. Keep the recommendations coming.

!Zar!
05-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Look in South San Francisco, possibly Brisbane?

Also, don't be afraid to look at San Jose. You can commute on Caltrain to the city if need be.

Or you could check out Hayward and catch Bart.

(If you are trying to commute)

Going to UCSF for medicine?

amdnivram
05-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Look in South San Francisco, possibly Brisbane?

Also, don't be afraid to look at San Jose. You can commute on Caltrain to the city if need be.

Or you could check out Hayward and catch Bart.

(If you are trying to commute)

Going to UCSF for medicine?

Yeah im interested in their pharm d program. I'll look into these areas, i dont mind commuting at all as long as its under 45 minutes -1 hour.

el_panduh
05-24-2011, 04:17 PM
My sister is goin to san fran state.

!Zar!
05-26-2011, 01:36 PM
You can reach most all parts of the bay area within an hour (light traffic) depending on where you live.

But keep in mind that if you live on the east bay in order to get to the San Francisco/peninsula side you will have to cross a bridge and pay toll. Unless you catch BART/public transportation.