PDA

View Full Version : greddy e01

chuy
10-19-2003, 08:48 AM
Ive seen everyone has either Apex-I and was wondering about the greddy e-01. Future upgrades include an sr20det and the works. help is greatly appreciated

blu808
10-19-2003, 05:03 PM
Ive used the eo-1 on a few different cars and have mixed feelings about it.
The unit itself is fairly easy to use, and is fairly accurate. However it somtimes craps out and the pressure sensor doesnt work, this has been the case with 3 different eo-1s and all you have to do is turn the unit off and let it reset. I believe it is a software prob. Also the boost is not as easy to set as the Apexi avcr. With the eo1 you have to play with it a bit to determin your boost levels. and the auto boost is not allways accurate. This is the case with underboosting and startboost which if set wrong can increase turbo lag. One great thing about the e0-1 is that it connects with the emanage and is fully accessable throgh the e01 without a laptop. Even if you have the optional pressure sensor for your maf, or the ignition/ injector harnesses. another great thing is the guages. You can read rpm, airflow, air fuel, inj dur, etc, etc, etc,.
All in all I would go with the eo-1. If you want a fancy boost controller. If you want somthing tha you never have to worry about just get a manual one. Set it and forget about it.

Hope i gave some insite into the eo-1

Luke
:bow:

Maeda
10-19-2003, 08:35 PM
I love mine ^_^

sil_8t
10-19-2003, 08:39 PM
:D

chuy
10-20-2003, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the replys but do you think that its neccesary to get the e-manage as well. I would have to go about 1 HR. to a dyno to get everything set up right. No biggie but I just didnt see the sense in paying for two units when its all in one.

blu808
10-20-2003, 03:43 PM
I dont understand why you would need both units.
The EO-1 is a boost controller
The Apexi AVCR is a boost controller
And the Manual boost controller is one as well.
I dont think you would want to use both. I was just comparing them and giving you options and info.

Thanks Luke:bow:

chuy
10-21-2003, 09:42 AM
blu I was compareing the two, I found a website that has the prices for the system and harnesses and was wondering which ones you would recommend.

future mods include the sr20det, new turbo & intercooler and miscellaneous items

Id greatly appreciate your knowledge