PDA

View Full Version : welding my open lsd to make both wheels spin at all times

SR240DET
10-07-2003, 08:47 PM
like i said.. i just bought a VLSD and now i opened up my open lsd and saw that i can weld the gears to make both wheels spin at all times... anybody tell me why i shouldnt do this? thanks later...

RBS14
10-07-2003, 09:24 PM
you shouldn't do it because your car will inevitably get away from you and you will either hurt yourself, your car, someone else or all of the above. Just my thoughts. Get used to the VLSD first then maybe think about it. and ur gonna go through tires like crazy, but some people could care less about that so hey.

TBreu007
10-07-2003, 09:26 PM
No reason why you shouldn't. Racers do it all the time for a cheap spare diff. On turn-in the car will usually push really bad, but you get lots of grip on the way out of the corner...too much really.

zenkiDori
10-07-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by SR240DET
like i said.. i just bought a VLSD and now i opened up my open lsd and saw that i can weld the gears to make both wheels spin at all times... anybody tell me why i shouldnt do this? thanks later...
do it. if you have an LSD to put in anyway, why not try it? you can tell us how it works out. i was planning on trying it when i got an LSD.

andrave
10-07-2003, 10:01 PM
if its for a daily driver it will kinda suck since your car won't turn in easily at all and anytime you have to turn sharp (parallel parking or pulling into spaces) its gonna suck monkey balls.

SR240DET
10-08-2003, 01:35 PM
hmm i was planning on using it for drifting.. right now my s14 is my daily/drift car.... untill i save enough for another base s14 i think i wont install it.. but ill still get it weld....