PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum line clarification

GoodFellaDavey
03-29-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm building an S13 for Chumpcar, an 89 5MT chassis with a KA24DE swap. The engine came with vacuum lines, but no AIV (PAIRC) or charcoal canister. My question is what to do with these four vacuum lines that are supposed to run to the AIV and charcoal canister.

Here's a diagram of what I'm talking about:

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i135/puerkone/ka24devacumm.jpg

The four lines that start near the intake manifold is what I'm talking about.

We've got a few issues with the swap and trying to ensure this isn't contributing to anything. Should I just cap off the lines? Should I loop the two for AIV back into each other and do the same for the canister? Should I just leave them unplugged?

I've searched a ton, but haven't really found the information I'm looking for.

Pro ViZIon
03-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Just delete all of it.

statickx991
03-29-2011, 10:45 PM
from what im getting from the diagram you should be ok if you cap them off. shouldnt make it run bad. just bad for emissions. what are some of the issues your having?

KiLLeR2001
03-30-2011, 12:58 AM
I removed it all, but left the hard line that comes from the gas tank which now vents out into my engine bay

GoodFellaDavey
03-30-2011, 07:33 AM
from what im getting from the diagram you should be ok if you cap them off. shouldnt make it run bad. just bad for emissions. what are some of the issues your having?

Thanks for the input. Car will be used solely on the track, so emission don't matter.

Currently we have no spark. I know this has nothing to do with that at all, but I'm just trying to deal with all the potential issues before we try to start it up again.

The shell that we bought had its engine removed by the previous owner so he could do an SR swap. Unfortunately, he was a fucking idiot, and rather than removing wires and things like the clutch line and vacuum lines, he just cut them all. :tweak:

So we have a few other headaches, just trying to tackle them one at at a time.

Pro ViZIon
03-30-2011, 11:36 AM
Well there's plent of info out there for making the intake manifold more simple.

Id also go over your wiring and make sure that all your chassy grounds are connected. And all the plugs are on the coil. There are 3 plugs.

How did you confirm that you have no spark?

GoodFellaDavey
03-30-2011, 12:12 PM
Well there's plent of info out there for making the intake manifold more simple.

Id also go over your wiring and make sure that all your chassy grounds are connected. And all the plugs are on the coil. There are 3 plugs.

How did you confirm that you have no spark?

It seemed like every write up I found about cleaning up intake mani area was either incomplete or the pictures were dead because it was from 8 or 9 years ago.

Do you know where each chassis ground is? I remember the one from near the intake mani to near the battery. I can't remember where the other grounds would be. There were four of us hooking up everything so one of the other guys likely hooked it up, but we need to double check. I'd look in the FSM but the wiring diagrams in there are way above my head haha.

Checked spark by pulling a plug and turning it over.