PDA

View Full Version : What is the Best Full-Service Shop in Tacoma, WA Area?

bnadeau73
01-29-2011, 08:01 PM
I have several big jobs to complete on my 180SX. I was hoping to obtain some opinions / recommendations on shops in the Tacoma / Olympia area that do exceptional work.

The work needing to be done is as follows:

Seam welding
Welded in roll cage for time attack
Strucural foam
Epoxy panel bonding
Full wide-body kit fit and install (to include modifying the rear wheel wells)
Aluminum bracket and ducting fabrication
Body work and paint, including engine compartment, door jams, etc.
Transmission rebuild using complete set of OEM parts and a forged gearset
Interrior re-install (its currently out of the car)
Corner weighting
Race wheel and tire fitting
Suspension tuning for time attack- preload, dampening, fully adjustable control arms, traction rods, etc.
Apexi Power FC tuning
Thanks in advance for the recommendations.

-Brandon

Update:

After attending a SCCA race in Packwood, WA, many participants there recommended Fordahl Motorsports (http://fordahlmotorsports.com/) in Redmond, WA. These guys are able to do everything on this list (and more).

-Brandon

heavenboundkevin
01-29-2011, 08:10 PM
i do apologize in advance for not having anything useful to say..but when i saw your abbreviated post on the main forum it stated "what is the best full service"

and i thought the title would have read "what is the best full service asian massage parlor"

anyways good luck with your goals in 2011.

Oh and i love WA, spent couple years in belfair, then a couple years in bremerton. Miss crabbing in the puget sound...

clay-ton
02-25-2011, 02:09 PM
I'm pretty the UP garage is one of the best nissan shops up here in Tacoma.
UP Garage USA (http://www.upgarageusa.com/)
there is a link to there website!

I don't know how much they do of the work you are needing ( i have never been there) but I have heard great things.

blackice00
07-26-2011, 05:49 PM
UP Garage is a great shop. I just got my car worked on and tuned there. The Power-FC map Doug set up for my s14 sr20det runs very smooth. I'm heading back this weekend to have some minor work done and have him add a few more pounds of boost.