PDA

View Full Version : head temps

hulkster_s13
01-12-2011, 11:20 AM
what are your average temps for your guys' heads on an SR? not water temps. im just curious to see what is the normal.

Sileighty_85
01-12-2011, 01:14 PM
kinda a strange question seeing that they dont have Head Temp Sensors.....

why do you need to know this?

hulkster_s13
01-12-2011, 01:26 PM
I have the water neck sensor adapter sandwich between the head and the water neck. I'm getting temps into the 220-230 range but my cluster gauge is normal temps. I'm not boiling coolant head is hot but not enough to like burn your hand when you put it on it. I can even dip my finger in the coolant. My theory is that because the sensor is there it's reading hotter than a sensor that is placed in the top hose because of heat transfer from the head and the exhaust mani. Am I just being paranoid or am I still overheating? I'm taking off everything that has to do with coolant radiator water pump water neck etc. To visually inspect. Also I'm thinking about moving sensor to actual water neck or top hose. Water pump is brand new with no weeping. With radiator cap of I can see the water flowing. No bubbles either in the radiator. I've built a bunch of SRs none of them had heating issues. Murphys law that my personal motor is the one giving me problems