PDA

View Full Version : Bad E5 ecu?? sr20det

hoss1100
12-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Ok, after a stupid mishap of trying to start my freshly installed sr20det redtop into my 90 240sx fastback without the main engine ground connected i have good reason to believe that my ecu is not working properly. The car will idle, but runs incredibly rich an smogs out black smoke. everything ran fine before i replaced the oil pump,(reason i pulled the engine in the first place). ecu was good. now, ive tested maf, ignitition system, injectors, tps, cas, o2, iacv-fidc, plugs, spark, fuel, power transistor, temp sensor, and also have tested the harness for continuity. everything checks out.... i wish i could see if my ecu was good or bad from the led light that is on most of them but sadly my E5 sr20det 5speed blacktop ecu does not have a diagnostic led in it.... does anyone have any info on how to test whether or not my ecu is in working order? or maybe how to install the led light so i can check to see which codes i get or whether or not the light stays on when running?! Ive also contacted enthalpy an im awaiting there response to have my ecu tested. ahhhhh please help....