PDA

View Full Version : 90' sr20 no power to front half of car please help:)

laocivic
11-21-2010, 06:51 AM
I turned my headlights on then they cut right off. This led me to believe that i blew a fuse, but everything checks out. Next day i crank it, but once i stop and try to crank again it doesn't work. The starter doesn't click. i tapped the starter with a hammer and it came on. So I swapped out starters with another known working one, and no go.

Last night i noticed nothing from the dash up gets any power. I suspect it to be the red connector next to the connection for the positive terminal on your battery, but haven't gotten another one to check.

Some douche in a buick hit my tsx so im down to only the 240 right now so any help or ideas are appreciated. thank you.

nicks240sxs13
11-21-2010, 11:21 AM
does your new starter crank over?
Is it a resently swapped sr20 or have you had it for awhile?
-because if you just threw it in then it could be a wiring problem if you extended the harness your self.
And i would double check to make sure the ignition switch fuse is good.
and maybe the battery lol.

laocivic
11-21-2010, 05:26 PM
I've checded all the fuses n yes is it recent but the car ran before n I've driven vit around town...I know its a not a fuse or the starter. Its a power issues I just don't know where to look

nicks240sxs13
11-23-2010, 09:47 PM
trace the wires out i guess? check the ground on the headlight motor thing and the connon plug. thats all that i can think of.

11-23-2010, 10:13 PM
Is this a recent swap you did?

nicks240sxs13
11-25-2010, 10:25 AM
if it is recent you might have not connected everthing or messed up somewhere with the wiring if you did it your self?

s13_rb25
11-26-2010, 11:55 PM
If the swap is recent, or a new harness check your wiring that connects to the body, its under your fender, those are your wires that give your entire car power. SR20DET Swap Engine Harness Wiring Diagram Guide SR SR20 (http://www.frsport.com/SR20DET-Swap-Engine-Harness-Wiring-Diagram-Guide-SR-SR20_t_26.html)

trace ALL of your wires out and make sure they are just like this, because i had a blue and red wire that wasnt connected to the black and red one, and that caused my car to not crank. if all of those wires are correct and its still no crank, on the back of the alternator there are the two wires, the upper wire should be a thinner black wire held in with some sort of screw/bolt, make sure it is tightened all the way. if this doesnt help i can list more solutions.