PDA

View Full Version : Cam Bolts for S14 cams?

gorillas13
07-18-2010, 01:11 PM
Here is my question. Are there different size cam bolts for different model S14 SR20DET motors? And here is the back story.

Alright here is the problem. I have an S14SR20DET Zenki motor. I took the stock cams out and replaced them with HKS step 1 cams. I put the VTC and cam bolt right back into the HKS cams with no problem. I then saw a post here on Zilvia from a guy that needed Stock S14 SR20DDET cams. So messaged him set a price and shipped them out to him. He messaged me back saying we had a problem. I asked what the problem was and he wrote back saying they were S13 cams. I stated that is impossible that I took them out of my motor myself and what made him think that. He then replied that the cam bolt wouldn't fit. I remembered the reason he was buying the cams is because he had put S13 cams in his S14 SR and wanted to go back to VTC. So I asked which cam bolt he was using. He says he is using an S14 cam bolt. He wants to send them back to me saying they are S13 cams which they are not. I asked him to try and source another S14 cam bolt and he says he has two and neither worked. I'm posting this to try and help him figure out the problem. I am not willing to just take back the cams because something on his end is not right. Please any help would be appreciated.

fliprayzin240sx
07-19-2010, 06:50 AM
Sounds like he mixed his S13 cam with the S14 one you sent him. There are not difference in any S14 and S15 cams, all the same. S13 is different. Sounds like he's trying to pull a fast one on you...