PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump issues, or something

deuce40sxftw
07-07-2010, 07:09 PM
hey zilvia.

so my car turned off today, had about 1/4 of gas so it wasnt out of gas. the car had issues turning back on, so i pushed it off the road (luckily it broke down before a shop) dude checks it out, sprays it with carb cleaner and it cranks put shortly dies. he says its the fuel pump, so i have to leave it there. we'll i decided to pull the fuel pump fuse before leaving it there (just in case someone wants to fux with it or anything) and its blown. i go buy some more fuses, 10A, and head back. put a fuse in, and it starts up. so im driving and about 1/2 mile after getting it running it dies again. another blown fuse, replace and then i get home as fast as possible, doing like 20 over LOL anyways... wtf can it be?

can anyone help me with where the fuel pump wires go through? cause about 4-5 of my wires on the driverside harness were exposed and then i covered them and tucked the harness, but i dont know!

deuce40sxftw
07-07-2010, 10:42 PM
help anyone?

Sam_Well.13
07-07-2010, 10:45 PM
check you wires on the fuel pump, maybe its all shredded up causing the fuse to blow.

thats all i can think of.

deuce40sxftw
07-08-2010, 12:00 AM
check you wires on the fuel pump, maybe its all shredded up causing the fuse to blow.

thats all i can think of.

should i check the ones inside the fuel tank or by the fuse box?

and which harness does the line go through? passenger or driver side?? i would assume passenger but you never know with nissan

Sam_Well.13
07-08-2010, 02:48 AM
harness goes under the driver side fender... you can check the rear harness directly on the fuel pump. right beneath your carpet and trunk interior.

deuce40sxftw
07-08-2010, 01:05 PM
harness goes under the driver side fender... you can check the rear harness directly on the fuel pump. right beneath your carpet and trunk interior.

shiieeettt then ill have to go back and fix the driver side, cause i know some got exposed and i just slapped some liquid tape on it... thanks man

and yeah, ill check all the wires as best as i can, THANKS!