PDA

View Full Version : ********Drift Freaq Custom Urethane KA/SR/CA Engine Mounts**************

drift freaq
06-08-2010, 10:10 PM
These are high durometer polyurethane engine mounts. The mount bolts do not run straight through the Urethane .

This is done so as to prevent vibrational transfer that you would get with straight through side to side stud.

On top of that these are not tubes of Polyurethane! They are a molded setup using Polyurethane you cannot buy at Home Depot aka the industrial window caulking, which is inferior!

These can lower you engine up to 3/4 of inch depending on how you position them. You can also shift your engine backwards or forwards.

They have been track tested and run on many cars.

The maximum amount is achieved when the offset bolts are placed on the outside with the centered bolts on top.

There is a tech review of them as well here. http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539-product-review-drift-freaqs-engine-mouts.html#post3416846

It is highly recommended that you use the factory heat shield from your stock mounts on the exhaust side of the engine, especially if you are running a Turbo!

The Group buy price is $110 per set with $15 for shipping anywhere in the continental U.S.

This group buy will require a 10 person buy in to get this price. So lets get this party started.

I decided to add this. If you do not care about the $10 discount you can buy immediately at the $120 per set price which means $135 shipped. my paypal is [email protected]

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww52/driftfreaq/IMG_0662.jpg

unreal-
06-10-2010, 12:32 PM
ohh tempting on GB pricing, but it will take forever to get 10 commited people. Im impatient.

Express Payment sent lol :)

mrmephistopheles
06-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Glad to see you got around to getting a group buy going. Nine months and sixteen threads has got to be a record.

chris_240sx
06-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Very tempting....
What tranny mount do you recommend with these mounts?

Odysseus
06-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Why would you want to lower your engine? I thought the point of mounts like Nismo mounts was to raise your engine?

Propaganda
06-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Point of Nismo mounts is not to raise engine. It is to be stiffer. Higher is a bad sideeffect that you get.

drift freaq
06-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Glad to see you got around to getting a group buy going. Nine months and sixteen threads has got to be a record.

LOL you are right Kevin, It was just getting the interest rolling again. It took a little work but its here.

On the issue of trans mount I do have an announcement to make. I am working on doing a trans mount for the car. I would need a ten person minimum commitment for the production run to roll.

The price would be $60 for the trans mount.

So that would be $180 for all three mounts and the shipping would stay the same.

If people are down for the trans mount and ten people are willing to pony up. Then I could get that show on the road.

drift freaq
06-16-2010, 02:41 PM
Very tempting....
What tranny mount do you recommend with these mounts?

I can sell you the Nismo mount for $50 but if you and some other people step up I could make a trans mount.

hOngsterr
06-16-2010, 03:17 PM
a new nismo tranny mount? lol

&& hmmm, do we have to deposit first or just throw in our names lol

drift freaq
06-16-2010, 03:25 PM
a new nismo tranny mount? lol

&& hmmm, do we have to deposit first or just throw in our names lol

Well if you don't purchase shit does not happen. Saying you will buy something and actually buying are two different things.

p.s. its all here in writing
The Group buy price is $110 per set with $15 for shipping anywhere in the continental U.S.

This group buy will require a 10 person buy in to get this price. So lets get this party started.

I decided to add this. If you do not care about the $10 discount you can buy immediately at the $120 per set price which means $135 shipped. my paypal is [email protected]

chris_240sx
06-17-2010, 12:19 PM
I can sell you the Nismo mount for $50 but if you and some other people step up I could make a trans mount.

I hear ya, but I'll need the mounts soon and it doesn't seem like nine other people are going to step up before then.

drift freaq
06-17-2010, 01:35 PM
I hear ya, but I'll need the mounts soon and it doesn't seem like nine other people are going to step up before then.

then like I said here you can buy the mounts now for $120 which is only $10 more.

nwmrkt
06-20-2010, 11:26 PM
Im in, for the tranny mount as well.

battery1882
06-24-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm impatient as well,

PM sent!

NMs14.5kouki
07-04-2010, 09:10 PM
How do these hold up with top mount turbo setups? i know my runners come decently close to my motor mounts....

drift freaq
07-04-2010, 10:16 PM
How do these hold up with top mount turbo setups? i know my runners come decently close to my motor mounts....

I would recommend heat shield wrapping your manifold runners. Besides heat shielding the mounts.

NMs14.5kouki
07-07-2010, 12:54 AM
ok how many more people you need for the group buy? Im also down to get a trans mount later on.

drift freaq
07-07-2010, 12:19 PM
ok how many more people you need for the group buy? Im also down to get a trans mount later on.

well typical of Zilvia and I know this sounds cynical but its true. Lots of people have shown interest. No one has committed financially. I have had sales at the regular price though because most people are not patient enough to wait for 10.

Given the nature of things I am not really that surprised. Its why I just might open the group at a straight $115. Anyone can purchase anytime but if I do it it will be a limited time offer.

On the trans mount side seriously it is a make or break situation. If 10 people do not commit with purchase then I cannot do the run.

Nezahualcoyotl
07-08-2010, 08:57 AM
I am looking to buy Motor and trans mounts. I would definitely be interested.

Sam_Well.13
07-08-2010, 10:57 AM
anyone has experience these personally?

i thought lowering your engine is bad?

unreal-
07-11-2010, 03:04 AM
anyone has experience these personally?

i thought lowering your engine is bad?

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539-product-review-drift-freaqs-engine-mouts-4.html read my post @ the bottom. other reviews are throughout the thread.

lowering the engine improves center of gravity. Personally, mine raised up a bit, as my header is now firmly against the body, and the steering knuckle is rubbing against the header too. My old mounts were pretty shot/soft, and the obx header was notorious for fitment issues (with the shot mounts it fit without incident), so im not surprised.

With the mounts the oil pan is almost flush with the front cross-member. Besides the vibration from the header against the body of my car, you couldnt tell i have poly mounts in the car. i love these mounts :)

nismoracingsx
07-31-2010, 08:02 PM
These will be on my "buy" list for when I go home =)

doz
08-17-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm interested in buying a set right now - how much to post to UK? :)

gijoe69
11-24-2010, 06:34 PM
still have them available?