PDA

View Full Version : Ls swapped cars are lame!!!!!

rb25_s13*CHUKI
05-13-2010, 06:14 AM
I'm so sick n tired of seeing all these 240's n rx7's n everything with Ls v8 engines! I believe Its for people who simply can't handle building and tuning a proper 4 cylinder n don't have the balls to try, So they go the easy pussy way out and swap a v8. Then have the nerve to say oh I have a fast car! No shit sherlock you put a fucking corvette motor in your 240. anyone can do that and be fast. Then when they get beat by a mild sr with a gt28 they cry oh my engine is stock. just headers,intake,cam n tune. Oh really YOU HAVE A FUCKING V8 in the sam car I HAVE A FUCKING SR20 Inline 4. ! I hate v8 swapped cars they are for pussys. have fun arguing now. bye bye. P.s Next time mr v8 swapped car guy bring a real mans car or get run down by a little sr20 AGAIN with your ls2 blah blah blah.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
05-13-2010, 06:15 AM
I can't believe he looked dead In my eyes and told me he only has headers,tune,cam n intake. Seriously thats your excuse? Really? anklfjsdgnsfoi gh2409wthg 0sflkh

nathanong87
05-13-2010, 06:33 AM
i dont really know what's happening but i think
http://tinypic.com/4u7xol.gif

rb25_s13*CHUKI
05-13-2010, 06:43 AM
i dont really know what's happening but i think
http://tinypic.com/4u7xol.gif

Hahahaha made me laugh. Thx for that.

Csomme
05-13-2010, 06:53 AM
How is having an LS swapped 240 being a pussy? Have you ever drifted a car where you don't have to wait for torque and tach shit out all the damn time? It's a proven setup with a huge reliable powerband that greatly expands with just a few modifications.

A cam and tune on even an LS1 will get you right about 500 to the wheels.

Please shut the fuck up.

ineedone
05-13-2010, 07:13 AM
I'm so sick n tired of seeing all these 240's n rx7's n everything with Ls v8 engines! I believe Its for people who simply can't handle building and tuning a proper 4 cylinder n don't have the balls to try, So they go the easy pussy way out and swap a v8. Then have the nerve to say oh I have a fast car! No shit sherlock you put a fucking corvette motor in your 240. anyone can do that and be fast. Then when they get beat by a mild sr with a gt28 they cry oh my engine is stock. just headers,intake,cam n tune. Oh really YOU HAVE A FUCKING V8 in the sam car I HAVE A FUCKING SR20 Inline 4. ! I hate v8 swapped cars they are for pussys. have fun arguing now. bye bye. P.s Next time mr v8 swapped car guy bring a real mans car or get run down by a little sr20 AGAIN with your ls2 blah blah blah.

anyone can swap a SR, be a real real man and rock the KA.

Okinawandrifter87
05-13-2010, 07:45 AM
Haha Chad calm down. I agree with you Chad and I also agree with rb25_s13*CHUKI but I agree with him in the sense that I dont like the attitude that they give off how because they have the V8 they think they decimate anything. But Chad your right about a huge power band that is very acceptable to little mods to make big power, and still have great economy.

ThatGuy
05-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Don't know if you've been doing any research on the matter or not.

But GM Performance Parts just released the "E-Rod" kit, which makes the LS3 swap into an OBD-I vehicle completely legal.

SR still can't claim that.

Besides, why are you letting what other people want to do with their vehicles get you so upset?

smink
05-13-2010, 08:32 AM
anyone can swap a SR, be a real real man and rock the KA.

+1 Tehe. KA-love

REVOisGO
05-13-2010, 08:37 AM

lol, u mad.

check out some of GET MONEY's videos on youtube and then come talk to me about ls1 swapped cars. im kicking myself in the ass for going rb25, because they are so damn expensive to work on. ls1 is cheaper, more reliable, lighter, and faster. cant go wrong.

g6civcx
05-13-2010, 08:53 AM
I have been roadracing stock single cam S13s since forever. About 7 years ago I started running SR since it was cheaper than rebuidling my single cams.

After running for 3 seasons, I decided to go with the Chevy V8 due to cost, reliability, and availability of parts. Note that I have the carbureted first-gen small block chevy, and not the LS series.

It's cheaper to buy anything for the small block.

It's reliable because of low compression and low revving.

If I need parts, I can run to any auto parts store and buy replacement parts. OEM parts are plenty. They even carry aftermarket parts like MSD, Edelbrock, etc. I don't have to "overnight parts from Japan" :)

In a pinch I can also run over to the drag strip or dirt track and borrow parts from the old school racers. I know that if I need a chevy small block part, 95% chances I can either borrow or buy it from one of the guys there.

I feel like I've paid my dues with these cars. I don't really compare my car with anyone else since I'm set up for roadracing.

I don't have the top end like turbo cars or even some of the newer V8 cars, but I'm set up for short road courses so you don't have enough time to use all the power. Response is more important than top end power.

For every 240 with V8 I've seen in person, which I've only seen 2 other than mine, I can name dozens of first time track newbies with their 400bhp high boost turbo engine, only to put their car into the wall by doing something silly like trying top out on the main straight or getting too much power due to turbo lag.

Still, it's their money and they can do what they want. I just try to avoid their group.

What I noticed is that guys who do roadrace often (not once or twice a year time-attackers) and who do choose to run turbos, they have very modest power mods and really low boost. If anything, they overbuild their cooling and oiling system more than power. I've even seen some of the instructors make people turn down their boost and even turn on the ac to reduce engine power.

Anybody who need to feel good by talking trash about other people's cars can go to hell, regardless of what you drive. Just do what makes you happy and just be cool about it.

aznpoopy
05-13-2010, 09:00 AM
anyone can drive a car, be a real man and ride a bicycle

YouTube - Golden Boy - Blumchen - Bicycle Race (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT1YstSDMk0)

g6civcx
05-13-2010, 09:05 AM
But GM Performance Parts just released the "E-Rod" kit, which makes the LS3 swap into an OBD-I vehicle completely legal.

I'm not sure if this is completely accurate. You can put a stock 2008 LS3 into any older car and still be legal.

At least in my state it is. Not sure about Cali.

ThatGuy
05-13-2010, 09:08 AM
I'm not sure if this is completely accurate. You can put a stock 2008 LS3 into any older car and still be legal.

At least in my state it is. Not sure about Cali.

GM Performance Parts | E-ROD LS3 | The Future of Hot Rod Performance (http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/erod/)

FULLY emissions compliant, and fully legal for registration.
No need for "kit car" loop holes and such that have been used in various states for years now.

Comes with the harness, ECM, high flow cats...

g6civcx
05-13-2010, 09:11 AM
I saw that, but you know what I'm saying? You can gut an '08 Corvette and swap everything over to be legal.

They pretty much modeled the E-ROD after a federally certified configuration and packaged it as a crate engine. OBDII compliance would be tough since so much depends on the shell.

It'll cost more money though so kudos to GM for bringing the prices down on the crate engine.

ThatGuy
05-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Yes, I understand what you're saying. Though it is easier to swap over to the Camaro headers vs. the Corvette headers in some vehicles.

Corvette headers typical dump in the middle, while the new Camaro headers have a more traditional rear discharge design.

Many aftermarket "long-tubes", remove your legality abilities in certain areas. :ddog:

Teddy
05-13-2010, 09:17 AM
Any S-Chassis or RX-7 that ever has had, has, or will have an American V8 engine in it always was, is, and always will be ultimately LAME.

People who swap V8s into their drift cars are nothing but a group of fucking rednecks who don't belong in drifting.

Nothing personal, at all.

wh0aitznic0
05-13-2010, 09:25 AM
People who swap V8s into their drift cars are nothing but a group of fucking rednecks who don't belong in drifting.

I fucking love you.

Don't get me wrong, it's a powerful motor. It just doesn't belong in a 1990's secretarybox.

HAWAII
05-13-2010, 09:37 AM
i love V8s in small cars, as said before, the SBC is very reliable, inexpensive, and parts a plenty. It's a very good engine to mess with.

What I hate is FORMULA D and their stupid "V8 Engined Competition cars". I understand being competitive to the VIPER but come on those engine just produce massive amounts of torque all day. The basics of drifting gets lost within the smoke that those cars produce. If you have driven a corvette, then it's easier for you to understand, even for an automatic, just turn off the traction control and press the gas it'll get you sideways EASY.

I'll take a high strung AE86 4 banger anytime vs that V8 anytime. F.U! FORMULA D (I think that thing is rigged)

ThatGuy
05-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Really? Rednecks?

Because "drifters" are all such professional, refined people right?

Get over it.

Engine swaps have been a part of automotive tuning since the first time more than one engine size and type was offered. Just because it might not be your personal choice in tuning, doesn't mean that suddenly the people who are making those choices are somehow inferior.

Hell, I don't drive, nor plan to work on my 240 anymore, but that hasn't changed my reasoning for wanting the LSx in it if I ever change my mind to build it again.

And it's certainly not for something as trivial as drifting.

Reliability
Parts Availability
and Legality

..are all much more "MATURE" factors than whether or not the local "sliders" will think I'm cool.

Teddy
05-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Just because it might not be your personal choice in tuning, doesn't mean that suddenly the people who are making those choices are somehow inferior.

Not inferior. I just judge people by the color of their necks.

In this case, they are red... therefore, I do not like them.

ThatGuy
05-13-2010, 09:45 AM
I see I was mistaken in attempting to carry on a mature debate with you.

Don't worry Teddy, it won't happen again.

I'm pretty much done with this Stupid Section of the Forums anyway.

1five10
05-13-2010, 09:57 AM
To each his own guys. Most guys do it for the "WOW" factor of having something different.

fcdrifter20
05-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Any S-Chassis or RX-7 that ever has had, has, or will have an American V8 engine in it always was, is, and always will be ultimately LAME.

hey, hey, hey,im gona go ls1 in my car and my neck aint red. lol

ls1 cheaper to build, more reliable, why not get it, ??

iHeartTheTouge
05-13-2010, 10:15 AM
I chose a LS1 for my Z for the reliability, parts availability, and for how easy it is to make more power. Plus its only 30lbs more than the factory 2.4L 6cyl lol. Does that make you upset too? Why do you care what other people swap into their own cars?

In my OPINION, LSx is the way to go if you want power on a budget. Three grand for motor, trans, ecu, etc. with 300+ horsepower (depending on which model) sounds great to me.

shiftdrift
05-13-2010, 10:25 AM
How is having an LS swapped 240 being a pussy? Have you ever drifted a car where you don't have to wait for torque and tach shit out all the damn time? It's a proven setup with a huge reliable powerband that greatly expands with just a few modifications.

Please shut the fuck up.
no, i think you're smoking crack.

Teddy
05-13-2010, 10:29 AM
I see I was mistaken in attempting to carry on a mature debate with you.

Don't worry Teddy, it won't happen again.

I'm pretty much done with this Stupid Section of the Forums anyway.

Sorry, Barry. I didn't mean to upset you. Have faith, I can have a mature debate on a serious topic. I just don't want to argue this topic seriously anymore because there will never be an end. You'll always have the hardcore drift enthusiast (aka drift fanboys) saying V8s are lame/gay whatever, and then you'll always have the other guys (aka rednecks) who will always defend the V8s aimlessly arguing about their power, torque, and cheap cost.

Truth is, the drift fanboys don't care about the power, torque or how cheap it is! Keep arguing about that and telling us about how much power you make on a stock set up, how much torque you have at low RPM, and that it cost as much as an SR swap.

We honestly DON'T CARE! The V8 is gay because it's gay. We don't judge it from a technical standpoint; we judge it from a style standpoint. We don't like the style or image it represents, therefore no matter how much you try to convince us we will never like it or think it's cool.

Okay. Off to work.

240sxvaj
05-13-2010, 10:34 AM
if it has a KA in it, keep it a 240sx. if it had a LS1 in it, keep it a corvette and so on.
lots of drifter are mainly nissan (some are different), so keep it nissan and stop throwing a american motor in a import.
i have to agree with rb25_s13_*chuki, many people wants power and takes the easy way out. instead of taking the easy way out how about modding the 4 cylinders and beating the bigger motor and making those $20,000 look dumb. btw, by modding the imports you will learn alot more about your car.

Flicktitty
05-13-2010, 10:34 AM
ls1 cheaper to build, more reliable, why not get it, ??
cause it's not JDM YO, that's all.

to many 240 people are strung up on being "JDM" or being "true to the car" big fucking deal. i've been in a few GT3071 and GT28RS and GT35R'd SR20 Cars. they are not bad but they just are kind of laggy for the power. i rode in a few KA's with the same turbo's seem a little better, been in a lot of Inline 6 240's and i REALLY liked that power band (as you can tell) And i have been in a couple LSX S13's and honestly a LSX 13 is a pretty nasty ride if you have someone that knows the car and knows the power band. pretty slick.

low end tq. Power, Reliability,Availability,etc all reasons to get a LSX motor.

i know the feeling though the OP has, i like beating up on people who think they are all mighty with there big motors.

shiftdrift
05-13-2010, 10:37 AM
for the price it costs to do any ls1 swap, you could have an sr that will beat it.

Flicktitty
05-13-2010, 10:37 AM
if it has a KA in it, keep it a 240sx. if it had a LS1 in it, keep it a corvette and so on.
lots of drifter are mainly nissan (some are different), so keep it nissan and stop throwing a american motor in a import.
i have to agree with rb25_s13_*chuki, many people wants power and takes the easy way out. instead of taking the easy way out how about modding the 4 cylinders and beating the bigger motor and making those $20,000 look dumb. btw, by modding the imports you will learn alot more about your car.
I have no idea how putting a LSX motor is "taking the easy way out"? It's still a pretty difficult swap to do, it's not some normal swap yet. seriously i have had my hands in a fair share of turbo 4 and turbo 6 builds over the last few years, and building up a v8 does take skill some people may think it does not but it does.

Flicktitty
05-13-2010, 10:38 AM
for the price it costs to do any ls1 swap, you could have an sr that will beat it.
then another $500 into the LSX and game over again. End of the day your not gonna get a SR to make anywhere NEAR the same power as a LSX for the price.

shiftdrift
05-13-2010, 10:39 AM
i think he's referring to i/e/t you can have 350+whp in an ls1. cam will grant you 400+

shiftdrift
05-13-2010, 10:40 AM
then another $500 into the LSX and game over again. End of the day your not gonna get a SR to make anywhere NEAR the same power as a LSX for the price.
i never said the same power. take a 400hp sr and a 400hp ls1, which is going to win?

ILoveMyRHS13
05-13-2010, 10:43 AM
I like V8 swaps. I think they sound cool.

More reliable, too. Redlining the shit out of an SR to keep it sideways, or feathering a V8. Which do you think is gonna last longer?

SUPERSTAR
05-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Japanse V8 quad cam, very cost effective in the long run. Add super charger and you can have fun catching up.

Don't bitch about what people can do, WHAT DO YOU HAVE???

RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG PLAYER!!!!

Yes, I know people that can build SR with 1,000 HP, but that does nothing for my personal lifestyle,track time or fun. So........ YEAH!!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/WOLF45SKYLINE/wolf45/P5090215.jpg

Csomme
05-13-2010, 10:44 AM
i never said the same power. take a 400hp sr and a 400hp ls1, which is going to win?

LS1. more touque.

And I'm not smoking crack. Go look shit up before making assumptions man. Cam and a tune on LS1s included can get you 475+. :)

ILoveMyRHS13
05-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Japanse V8 quad cam, very cost effective in the long run. Add super charger and you can have fun catching up.
Fucking awesome.

Flicktitty
05-13-2010, 10:46 AM
honestly i would put money on the LSX. the 400hp mark would come early and would STAY there throughout the powerband, by the time your 400hp sr's turbo made full boost a 400hp lsx car will be out on you a pretty good ways.

shiftdrift
05-13-2010, 10:47 AM
i've personally seen and ridden in both my friends 400hp cars. ls1 and sr20, while they were racing. the sr won, being it was in a hatch and lighter.

Flicktitty
05-13-2010, 10:48 AM

Yes, I know people that can build SR with 1,000 HP, but that does nothing for my personal lifestyle,track time or fun. So........ YEAH!!

HELL YES! i would LOVE to do a 1UZ-FE, header,exhaust,itb,cams,pulleys in a s13. what all is done to your VH45?

shiftdrift
05-13-2010, 10:48 AM
LS1. more touque.

And I'm not smoking crack. Go look shit up before making assumptions man. Cam and a tune on LS1s included can get you 475+. :)
a cam and tune will get you 400+, you may be talking additional mods.

Csomme
05-13-2010, 10:49 AM
i've personally seen and ridden in both my friends 400hp cars. ls1 and sr20, while they were racing. the sr won, being it was in a hatch and lighter.

I'm kinda getting the feeling that you make shit up just to prove your points.

a cam and tune will get you 400+, you may be talking additional mods.

And nope again. Keep in mind I didn't say WILL, I said CAN.

shiftdrift

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/WOLF45SKYLINE/wolf45/P5090215.jpg
when i decide to do a v8, this will be it.

Flicktitty
what was the LS in?

shiftdrift
05-13-2010, 10:50 AM
yeah.....like i said the ls1 was a camaro (heavy) and the sr20 was a hatch(not heavy)

shiftdrift
05-13-2010, 10:51 AM

And nope again.
show me where a cam and tune on an LS1 made 475+.

Flicktitty
05-13-2010, 10:52 AM
yeah.....like i said the ls1 was a camaro (heavy) and the sr20 was a hatch(not heavy)
:stupid:

i thought you were compairing a 400hp LSX 240 Vs 400hp SR 240.

Csomme
05-13-2010, 10:52 AM

Now that makes sense. I'm sorry I thought you were talking both 240s. Because it wouldn't really make sense to compare a 400hp 240 to a 400hp camaro there bud.

SUPERSTAR
05-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Mine is stock with headers and rom tune. That is all I need for the cry babies that try and talk shit with a beat down SR in their car that never runs right.

shiftdrift
05-13-2010, 10:54 AM
haha, sorry i didn't clarify. a 400 hp s13 (ls1) should be good for 11's.

Om1kron
05-13-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm all about bang for you buck performance. growing up building honda's n/a was the way to go. People who turbo charged honda engines to me were the pussies of the group. Build it N/A. I've grown diluted by the opinion of the population of fanbois that there is a certain way I should build my car.

To get the same amount of horsepower out of my sr20 that's in a stock ls1, ls2 motor. I'm looking anywhere from 3-4500 dollars depending on upgrades, tune, engine management.

I could spend 6 grand and install a 400hp motor into my car, get it to pass emissions and never be scared of a cop following me for miles upon miles in my car. Go take it to a track and not worry about my turbo blowing oil seals, blowing up a ball bearing on my un-rebuildable turbo, no worries about fires due to old hoses breaking and shooting flamable fluid all over the engine bay.

Seriously you would have to be the biggest fanboi on the planet to deny the performance a v6 or v8 motor brings to the table.

It takes owning an sr20, then upgrading to a rb25, 26, possibly 1jz, 2jz (which you fanbois don't condone either) then wisening up and putting that v8 in your car.

Personally I'd ditch the sr20 for the reliability and availability of parts for my motor. I can get parts ANYWHERE for a v8 motor, kragen, autozone. I don't have to order shit from frsport or westcovina nissan and wait for it to arrive or drive 40 minutes to pick it up. parts are available down the street.

I have a hard time understanding the ignorance of some people who still measure the size of their dick and their og status by them keeping it real and keeping that jdm motor in there.

Fact of the matter is 5 more years of owning your car, you will outgrow it, most likely sell it, and then post on the forums like you're a god because you wen't down the long hard road of dealing with an sr20.

I'm sick of bolts flying off of the motor, i'm sick of having to retorque shit after a weekly drive in my car, I'm sick of a new leak of a mystery fluid is found in my engine bay after replacing all of the fucking seals on the motor. I'm sick of burning transmission fluid on my exhaust, I'm sick of electrical issues, I'm sick of constantly wrenching on the car period.

This car was supposed to be fun, when did we all forget what that meant?

shiftdrift
05-13-2010, 10:55 AM
This can be fixed with running proper suspension parts and the most important, setting it up right for what ever type of driving you will do.
which is what camaro drivers don't do lol. they put a bunch of bolt ons with stock suspension and wheels.

Csomme
05-13-2010, 10:55 AM
LMAO. It totally says 375 not 475. Holy shit. My bad.

dpak
05-13-2010, 10:56 AM

I don't like v8s, or most American engines, in s-chassis either, but I don't necessarily agree with you when you say that they "don't belong in drifting."
Are you talking about professional drifting? Or just drifting in general?

To each his own guys. Most guys do it for the "WOW" factor of having something different.

I agree but Ls swaps are becoming so prevalant in the japanese car scene that it won't be "something different" for much longer. :/

singlecamslam
05-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Not 500 but around 4 something easy 500 with heads and Op get the stick out of your vagina

shiftdrift
05-13-2010, 10:59 AM
LMAO. It totally says 375 not 475. Holy shit. My bad.
that's actually kinda low. my other friend's camaro made 353whp and 362wtq with i/e/t no cam.

shiftdrift
05-13-2010, 11:01 AM
I agree but Ls swaps are becoming so prevalant in the japanese car scene that it won't be "something different" for much longer. :/
one day i'm sure it'll be like "does that thing have an ls1 in it?" from a kid at the gas station.

rob22
05-13-2010, 11:07 AM
your car.
your money.
too each his own..

SUPERSTAR
05-13-2010, 11:09 AM
your car.
your money.
too each his own..

But then you can't please the Drift Nazi's??? :duh:

Flicktitty
05-13-2010, 11:11 AM
eh, online it won't be anything "Differant" but in person it's still pretty rare. I've only seen 1 other JZ Swapped S-chassis car in person. and i have seen i think 2 or 3 LSX swapped s-chassis. no where near as common as a Ka-t/Sr/RB.

g6civcx
05-13-2010, 11:13 AM
To get the same amount of horsepower out of my sr20 that's in a stock ls1, ls2 motor. I'm looking anywhere from 3-4500 dollars depending on upgrades, tune, engine management.

I could spend 6 grand and install a 400hp motor into my car, get it to pass emissions and never be scared of a cop following me for miles upon miles in my car. Go take it to a track and not worry about my turbo blowing oil seals, blowing up a ball bearing on my un-rebuildable turbo, no worries about fires due to old hoses breaking and shooting flamable fluid all over the engine bay.

Seriously you would have to be the biggest fanboi on the planet to deny the performance a v6 or v8 motor brings to the table.

It takes owning an sr20, then upgrading to a rb25, 26, possibly 1jz, 2jz (which you fanbois don't condone either) then wisening up and putting that v8 in your car.

Personally I'd ditch the sr20 for the reliability and availability of parts for my motor. I can get parts ANYWHERE for a v8 motor, kragen, autozone. I don't have to order shit from frsport or westcovina nissan and wait for it to arrive or drive 40 minutes to pick it up. parts are available down the street.

I'm sick of bolts flying off of the motor, i'm sick of having to retorque shit after a weekly drive in my car, I'm sick of a new leak of a mystery fluid is found in my engine bay after replacing all of the fucking seals on the motor. I'm sick of burning transmission fluid on my exhaust, I'm sick of electrical issues, I'm sick of constantly wrenching on the car period.

You sound like you have personal experience maintaining a beat up turbo engine.

Note how the original post was all about speed, and then it became a drifting contest. The subject changed halfway through.

The way this thread is going it's going to get locked pretty soon.

240sxvaj
05-13-2010, 11:18 AM
I have no idea how putting a LSX motor is "taking the easy way out"? It's still a pretty difficult swap to do, it's not some normal swap yet. seriously i have had my hands in a fair share of turbo 4 and turbo 6 builds over the last few years, and building up a v8 does take skill some people may think it does not but it does.

i was talking about power wise not swapping motors.

5pecialist
05-13-2010, 11:18 AM
American engines in Nissans make me cry.

DeathMetal
05-13-2010, 11:21 AM

You're a wise man, Wayne. I've lurked your build thread well, probably every time I log on Zilvia. I've seen how plagued with problems your car is. I know I don't say much on here but I do observe. To me, I would build a car like any of you dudes on here have to have fun and do that at its max potential. We all know why turbo motors fail and why N/A motors win. There are a lot of variables apparent here with the statement I just made in the last sentence but isn't it true?

Isn't it?

Don't credit me for shit on here because I've never built a car in my life but from my few years of observation, sitting under and around cars with my father, and the years of chillin with mechanically inclined friends, I observe that, if I were to ever build something, it would be naturally aspirated be it a KA, SR, SBC, etc etc.

thefro526
05-13-2010, 11:23 AM
We don't judge it from a technical standpoint; we judge it from a style standpoint. We don't like the style or image it represents, therefore no matter how much you try to convince us we will never like it or think it's cool.

Heroic Statement.

LSX S13's are not stylish.

LSX's are great engines. They do not belong in Nissans. Though, a VH45DE belongs in a Nissan. ;)

g6civcx
05-13-2010, 11:24 AM
I believe Its for people who simply can't handle building and tuning a proper 4 cylinder n don't have the balls to try, So they go the easy pussy way out and swap a v8. Then have the nerve to say oh I have a fast car! No shit sherlock you put a fucking corvette motor in your 240

If you want to prove you have balls then do what you need to do to make yourself feel good.

Having owned, driven, and maintained a turbo SR for at least 3 full seasons I can personally tell you that at some point it's no longer about pride. It becomes what is the easiest way to get back on track without wasting time/money/frustration?

Pit stops are much longer with the SR because there are so many things on the checklist. Every single hose must be checked. Is there any oil leak? Is there a boost leak? How's coolant and oil temp? Check the catchcan. Check all the clamps. Did that vacuum hose pop out again? Is any turbo line leaking?

With the V8, all it needs is a cursory look for fluid leaks. There's nothing to check.

You get to spend more time looking at crucial stuff like brakes, tyres, and suspension setup.

anyone can do that and be fast

Not everyone. Go on SilviaV8 and look at how many people complain about their half-finished projects.

Then when they get beat by a mild sr with a gt28 they cry oh my engine is stock. just headers,intake,cam n tune. Oh really YOU HAVE A FUCKING V8 in the sam car I HAVE A FUCKING SR20 Inline 4. ! I hate v8 swapped cars they are for pussys. have fun arguing now. bye bye. P.s Next time mr v8 swapped car guy bring a real mans car or get run down by a little sr20 AGAIN with your ls2 blah blah blah.

You don't beat me with your car. You beat me with the driver.

Funny how my coworker is a 2-time SCCA national champ and her car of choice is a bone stock Miata. She can run loops around anyone here presumably.

BustedS13
05-13-2010, 11:26 AM
on-demand power is soooooo mullet spec
wish all those hicks would get it through their heads, if your car makes a lot of power reliably, it's totally gay
and i mean gay bad, not gay like my pink rollcage and teddy bear "tow hook charm", which are cool for some reason
it'd be nice if people would stick to real mods, like body kits and wheels

p.s. if you use a nissan engine it's okay, because i'm a car racist or something.

Flicktitty
05-13-2010, 11:30 AM
on-demand power is soooooo mullet spec
wish all those hicks would get it through their heads, if your car makes a lot of power reliably, it's totally gay
and i mean gay bad, not gay like my pink rollcage and teddy bear "tow hook charm", which are cool for some reason
it'd be nice if people would stick to real mods, like body kits and wheels

p.s. if you use a nissan engine it's okay, because i'm a car racist or something.
:bowrofl: Style points.

greddy2die
05-13-2010, 11:35 AM
that's actually kinda low. my other friend's camaro made 353whp and 362wtq with i/e/t no cam.

Yeah im going to have to agree with you, 375whp w/ bolt ons + cam are rather low.

Typical results ive seen is 350-360whp with bolt ons and no cam just as you said.

I have an LS1 in my S14, full bolt ons + a cam and I should be making close to 400. I put it on a dyno once during a dyno day and it made about 365whp. Low numbers because I was leaning out up top pretty bad, 16.1 afr's. I have done more tuning (street) and the car feels completely different now that its got a better tune. Im going to put it on a dyno soon and im hoping i will see close to or atleast 400whp. It could make more but I am running DAFT headers and well frankly, im not happy with them and they rob some power since there isnt and R&D into them. Just basically made to fit you know.

I went to the track prior to my street tune (before I knew i was leaning out badly) and I ran an [email protected] with a 1.9 60' on a stock 4.08 open diff.

With a 1.7 60' i can get my ET down to about 11.5

also, drifting is with the car is awesome. You dont have to sit off the limiter to keep the tires spinning. Just a nice little clutch kick and some throttle blips and boom your sliding. No redlining or anything =P

PMSing Chicken
05-13-2010, 11:35 AM
How much style would I have if I shove a L24 with a 4spd in my 240sx?

S14DB
05-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Full Episode Player | PowerblockTV (http://www.powerblocktv.com/video/?ep_show=HP)

490hp stock wewt!

ESmorz
05-13-2010, 11:50 AM
If someone offered me an SR or an LSx, I would take the LSx.

That is all.

shiftdrift
05-13-2010, 11:52 AM
i would too lol

kingkilburn
05-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Seeing that episode with the E-rod changed my mind about the torn down VH in my garage. I think I'm saving up for that now.

BustedS13
05-13-2010, 12:00 PM
How much style would I have if I shove a L24 with a 4spd in my 240sx?

you should replace the disc brakes with drums while you're at it.

REVOisGO
05-13-2010, 12:38 PM
^ you drift fanboys make me sick. spend less time on the internet and more time actually working on/drifting your car. im surprised no ones thrown out misinformation about how "heavy" the lsx motors are, when they are amazingly light for the amount of power they produce.

have fun with YOUR car. if having fun means having 450hp out of a proven durable american motor, then so be it. i'd bet 90% of you arguing against the ls1 have a ka in your car, something hanging from your tow hook, and more stickers than hp....

singlecamslam
05-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Not 500 but around 4 something easy 500 with heads and Op get the stick out of your vagina

sickstatus
05-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Full Episode Player | PowerblockTV (http://www.powerblocktv.com/video/?ep_show=HP)

490hp stock wewt!

i wonder when/how long its gunna take for some1 to put one of these bad boys in a 240.

shits gunna b sick.:cj:

ranger240
05-13-2010, 01:47 PM
im not reading any posts other than the original posters first one...

but why mr rb 25 chuki are you so butt hurt about v8 sports cars?

why are you praising the 'fine art' of tuning a turbo 4 cylinder car and stating that it somehow is better than a v8. and that the reason its better is just cause its daintier.

plus your argument against v8 cars is that they have easy reserves of power, whereas like it or not... ''tuning'' a sr20 isn't rocket science, you're not a craftsman... you're just one of thousands of nissan loving ricers who slap on big turbos, buy big giant lag-enhancing front mounts and slap on apexi exhausts. you're more a cliche than the ls-x guys, at least they're doing something different

v8s in cars that weren't originally designed for them is a GREAT idea.... purists can go suck a fat one.. your argument that turbo4 240s > v8 240s makes about as much sense as those other purists out there that would claim that the bristol engined AC Aces were better than the Ford-equipped Shelby cobra versions solely because of the purity of a inline six english designed engine in a proper english sports car...

guess what? those bristol ace drivers and those sr 240 drivers such as yourself get shit on by cobras and ls-240s then make whiney excuses about how even though they lost the race, the race isnt really what matters...

and to mr op if you're not familiar with AC Aces and dont get the parallel you arnt really into cars anyway

go get your hood popped

shiftdrift
05-13-2010, 01:54 PM
^ you drift fanboys make me sick. spend less time on the internet and more time actually working on/drifting your car. im surprised no ones thrown out misinformation about how "heavy" the lsx motors are, when they are amazingly light for the amount of power they produce.

have fun with YOUR car. if having fun means having 450hp out of a proven durable american motor, then so be it. i'd bet 90% of you arguing against the ls1 have a ka in your car, something hanging from your tow hook, and more stickers than hp....
what if i'm for the ls1 have a ka and something from my towhook?

Mikey213
05-13-2010, 02:47 PM
OMG! I always see this stupid argument! All you have to do is put common sense into the equation! A lot of you guys are also "carist" as fuck! Thus presenting yourselves to have a high enough potential to be racist enough!

sdterrible1
05-13-2010, 02:48 PM
anyone can drive a car, be a real man and ride a bicycle

YouTube - Golden Boy - Blumchen - Bicycle Race (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT1YstSDMk0)

This made my day lol!

karl wasabi
05-13-2010, 03:32 PM
We are in the United States of AMERICA! NOT JAPAN! Put some American in your 240 and wear a cowboy had and boots screaming America everywhere you go.

That sounds like the American dream to me. I wish I had the money for an LSx.

Walperstyle
05-13-2010, 03:50 PM
LOL at this thread

Anyone that has 'tuned' a LS is laughing right now. I'm building a KA-T right now but even I'm not a douche to think the LS can't put out some insane horsepower with the right people behind it. There is local Corvette owners here with 800+hp.

The fact that you want a serious discussion on this topic is proof you are a keyboard bandit.

Talk about what you have done, what you have driven, not what you 'think'.anyone can love or hate something, but usually the valid opinions are the people that have 'walked the line'

g6civcx
05-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Food for thoughts.

On the dyno my V8 made 320 ft-lbs at the wheels at 1,500 RPM.

I can "tune" the V8 to put down anywhere from 400 ft-lbs to 600 ft-lbs based on the type track I'm running that day just by dialing back the timing and leaning out the carb.

I'm building my 454 engine which should put down 750 bhp NA according to the engine builder, or if I go crazy and decide to supercharge it can put down 1,000 bhp.

I am also a redneck and I'm gay.

udon!
05-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Sr20 = jdm

ONLY v8 swap ive ever liked is some dude with a purple fc vert w/white xd9's.

i personaly want a 2j.

kingkilburn
05-13-2010, 05:13 PM
It's funny how we can sling any racial slur we want as long as it's a white one.

Ghost240
05-13-2010, 05:17 PM
From what I've seen in terms of tuning and etc with ANY drivetrain combo is availability of resources. Majority of the people on here can't afford to build an RB, SR, KA or etc. So they try to build on top of stock motors. And in terms of reliability power wise, the Rb and LSx have it. There is no replacement for displacement, no matter how volumetrically efficient you make your set up. It all boils down to the almighty dollar. The average build for an RB will cost 3-4K+ in parts and labor alone. Where as for the LSx you don't have to go to that extent.

And yes I know there are stock RBs (internals) doing 5XX+ hp with turbo, fuel and etc. But how many of you are willing to risk not knowing when it is going to blow? or the rebuild cost?

When you take it all into consideration it boils down to what can you afford? Can you do it right and build it or can you build it up and chance it? I don't see too many people on zilvia being patient and paying the costs inorder to do shit right the first time.

And on that note....I myself used to own a 98 TA. Loved it, and it was fun. The LSx series motors are simply amazing. Many supercar companies use it as a blueprint or a powerplant to build on. that says alot. However, that motor isn't for me now or for MY 240. Say what you want, or will, but I want to see what the RB has in store. I don't see too many legit builds stateside, or tuned "properly" stateside.

S14_Kouki
05-13-2010, 05:23 PM
Just putting in my opinion. I dont like ls swaps in any s-chassis's at all. I dont like jz swaps in s-chassis's. What I think is if u have a nissan stay nissan. If you have a toyota stay toyota ect ect ect.

Sil-Eighty SE-K
05-13-2010, 05:40 PM
torque.....

that is all.

Sleepiedaze
05-13-2010, 06:07 PM
unfortunatly the people that think a LSx swap is dumb are the same people who don't have track time under there belts and only have mild bolt ons or have never, done a major rebuild or project.

Very few people on this board can say that they go to the track frequenlty. By that statement i mean more then 10 times in a year. ive done a large amount of Drifting / Auto x / and spirited driving. sometimes doing close to 2 events per month for the year! thats 24 events and countless hours of repairing a broken down car. All i can say is that reliability is a huge thing when your actually driving your car.

i have many friends with SR20 swaps and RB swaps that are always breaking down or dont run because parts are hard to come by. or watching people blow there cars up becuase that one little hose that they ignored blew up and fryed there motor. or people who continue to talk about how there car will make 800hp...... if they can ever finish a project. lots of people say it's a stupid thing to put a LSx or 2JZ or what ever. but truth of the matter is when you want to really drive your car and enjoy it with out having to worry about blowing something that is hard to find up. then you'll understand why people decide to go with a newer motor and not spend $2000 + on a SR20 or $3500 + on a RB (ruff estimates)

i can remember a time when people where putting B18 motors into mini coopers (older version) or when i first saw a 2000+ (7th gen)toyota celica with a 3SGTE motor swap. better yet when i saw a first gen toyota celica with a SR20 NA! i thought this was the best thing to ever happen to the import scene! this is what the import scene needed, creativity and shops to make more parts for cars and to continue to push the envelope.

unfortunatly that is slowly becoming a past dream as everyone trys to be the lowest and most tire tucked they can be. as drifting has left is roots and gone to a "show style" of who has the most horsepower and who has the biggest rims with the biggest and brightest neon lights. most people now adays are all about the "low and slow" or being "JDM" as fuck or what ever that means.

truth be told if someone pisses you off becuase of something they do to there own car with there own money. you should probably get a new hobbie. im waiting for the day i see a running S13 with a F22C supercharged! that would definatly be awesome.

atutt
05-13-2010, 06:15 PM
This thread is ghey.. I was hoping to see some crazy ass swap in a s-chassis.... Like a cummins or something rad...

Wasn't expecting "LS's are gay cuz I eat crayons for a living" thread...

Flicktitty
05-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Food for thoughts.

On the dyno my V8 made 320 ft-lbs at the wheels at 1,500 RPM.

I can "tune" the V8 to put down anywhere from 400 ft-lbs to 600 ft-lbs based on the type track I'm running that day just by dialing back the timing and leaning out the carb.

I'm building my 454 engine which should put down 750 bhp NA according to the engine builder, or if I go crazy and decide to supercharge it can put down 1,000 bhp.

I am also a redneck and I'm gay.

very Nice, my buddy just got done building his 496cui. BBC that made just north of 750 for his 72 Chevelle, what are you putting it in? i don't think it will fit in a 240sx lol.

i personaly want a 2j.
:wavey: hell yes.

Just putting in my opinion. I dont like ls swaps in any s-chassis's at all. I dont like jz swaps in s-chassis's. What I think is if u have a nissan stay nissan. If you have a toyota stay toyota ect ect ect. Coming from a 2JZ runner, i get people saying this alot. and i guess I've never understood that side of the story, care to elaborate? (not trying to start anything just always curious)

codyace
05-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Performance > Looks > Impressing Brand Nutswingers

LSX > SR > VH

jspaeth
05-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Heroic Statement.

LSX S13's are not stylish.

LSX's are great engines. They do not belong in Nissans. Though, a VH45DE belongs in a Nissan. ;)

THIS is a load of bullshit.

Don't conufse a BIG engine for a GREAT engine.

An F20/F22 is a GREAT engine, with over 100 hp/L.

An LS1 or LS2 with 350 hp on 6 L is an inefficient engine that is just fucking BIG.

I am more into "refinement" or "efficiency". Look at formula 1 and shit. It's not about raw power, it's about power within the confines of a certain displacement.....how EFFICIENT of a motor can you build.

Comparing LS1 versus SR is just silly.

OF COURSE the 6.0L motor has a massive advantage over the 2.0L.

This is why I hate all of the old mustangs and corvettes. They weren't really THAT fast whatsoever, they just had big, SHITTY motors in them.

Where do you draw the line?

If I put a 12.0L engine that makes 500 hp in my car, does that make it a "good engine"

ANSWER: No, it's just fucking big, using displacement to MAKE UP for it's inefficiency.

My opinion of course.....

Flicktitty
05-13-2010, 06:55 PM
This is why I hate all of the old mustangs and corvettes. They weren't really THAT fast whatsoever, they just had big, SHITTY motors in them.

In the 1960's and 1970's they were fast, technology has come along way since then.

kingkilburn
05-13-2010, 06:56 PM
2 things

That 12 liter engine could be a turbo diesel with enough torque to ripe your county of its foundation. That might not be good in an S chassis but it would be great in a large vehicle with a huge load. Some times brute force is exactly what you need.

The LSx can be made to be just as efficient as a small displacement quad cam. That is what is so incredible about it compared to the average American V8. Heads, cam, and itbs and you could have a screamer of an engine that still has the brute force of 6 liters. Plus there are off the shelf parts out there to suit what ever your needs are. You can destroke it and rev it to 9000-plus if you want, or bore and stroke it close to 8 liters.

spooled240
05-13-2010, 06:59 PM
it's a great motor and a great setup but it's blasphemy to put an american V8 into a japanese car IMHO

would you swap a SR in a '66 Nova?

Flicktitty
05-13-2010, 07:00 PM
i
would you swap a 2JZ n a '66 Nova? yes.:tardrim:

kingkilburn
05-13-2010, 07:06 PM
http://hotrodhomepage.com/hrhp_images/nissan_mustang/RBMustang2.jpg

Oh no. He ruined it.

atutt
05-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Hating on this motor is just a pointless as hating on the SR... Or maybe it's beyond my logic to hate on a proven motor... :s

soreballz
05-13-2010, 07:10 PM
would you swap a SR in a '66 Nova?

I wouldn't put an SR in anything.

udon!
05-13-2010, 07:12 PM
every fucking motor being discussed in this thread is a "great" motor.

its alllll personal preference.

/thread.

ineedone
05-13-2010, 07:39 PM
I have not read this thread at all, but what I do know is that a V8 in a drift car is HELLLA GAYYYY. Especially if it is one of dem amerikan nascer V8 oooowwwwwooooohoooooooo

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v_KFHUD0D0E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v_KFHUD0D0E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

udon!
05-13-2010, 07:40 PM
america is so mature, yo.

BustedS13
05-13-2010, 07:40 PM
http://hotrodhomepage.com/hrhp_images/nissan_mustang/RBMustang2.jpg

Oh no. He ruined it.

the wheels, fart can, and appearance in Tokyo Drift are what ruined that car

kingkilburn
05-13-2010, 07:55 PM
ineedone

That car is an abomination.

FD is getting to the point where they need a street legal class and an open class.

jspaeth
05-13-2010, 08:03 PM
2 things

That 12 liter engine could be a turbo diesel with enough torque to ripe your county of its foundation. That might not be good in an S chassis but it would be great in a large vehicle with a huge load. Some times brute force is exactly what you need.

The LSx can be made to be just as efficient as a small displacement quad cam. That is what is so incredible about it compared to the average American V8. Heads, cam, and itbs and you could have a screamer of an engine that still has the brute force of 6 liters. Plus there are off the shelf parts out there to suit what ever your needs are. You can destroke it and rev it to 9000-plus if you want, or bore and stroke it close to 8 liters.

Point taken, but it is no longer an LSX at that point, you have swapped out half of the motor!!!!!!

That's why I mentioned the S2K motors....bc right out of the box, AS DESIGNED AND SOLD, they are amazingly efficient and well-engineered.

BustedS13
05-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Point taken, but it is no longer an LSX at that point, you have swapped out half of the motor!!!!!!

i hear you man. sr20's are best appreciated in stock form. 170 wheel horsepower is the pinnacle of automotive excellence.

kingkilburn
05-13-2010, 08:12 PM
The LS was designed to be tailored to the car\truck it was going in. It isn't really an apples to apples comparison.

I want to say more but I don't remember all the specifics so I will leave that to an LS aficionado.

VROOOM
05-13-2010, 08:23 PM
well if we are comparing the S2000 vs an LS motor. consider this

MPG
S2000 --18 city - 25 highway
2010 Camaro SS-- 16 city - 24 highway

kingkilburn
05-13-2010, 08:24 PM
How about mpg of those engines in an S chassis.

VROOOM
05-13-2010, 08:25 PM
damn i would say the LS would get better

WISH ONE
05-13-2010, 08:26 PM
My new project is a duramax diesel s13....

Kouki_monstr
05-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Im not ganna read all four pages, but i agree with the thread title...just my opinion tho

bb4_96
05-13-2010, 08:35 PM
LSX seems to be the new trendy motor. First there was a few now they are all over it seems.. imo. Power wise whats the point? You have so much low down torque you might as well name your LS swapped 240 the sit and spin. Might as well go make friends at the tire shop because you'll be shooting them some nice bank just trying to dd your car. At least with a 4cyl turbo motor you have a little bit of lag to get your car moving before all hell breaks loose.

If i ever here there's no replacement for displacement ever again I'm going to call up all the F1 teams and let them know it's time to pack it in. They've had a good run but the LSX are here.

lol lsx is a great motor.. but most motors are or they wouldn't put them in cars they're going to sell to thousands of people(with few exceptions).

I guess i'm just tired of seeing them in 240's. I'd rather see something new and interesting. One more trick flow manifold in a 240 bay and i'll yak.

ineedone
05-13-2010, 08:38 PM
ineedone

That car is an abomination.

FD is getting to the point where they need a street legal class and an open class.

That car is amazing, it is basically a NASCAR, just tuned for drifting.

However, I do agree FD does need more classes. The big teams are just way to much for the small guys to compete with.

udon!
05-13-2010, 08:41 PM
My new project is a duramax diesel s13....

that would be...

FUCKING SICK.

VROOOM
05-13-2010, 08:42 PM
LSX seems to be the new trendy motor. First there was a few now they are all over it seems.. imo. Power wise whats the point? You have so much low down torque you might as well name your LS swapped 240 the sit and spin. Might as well go make friends at the tire shop because you'll be shooting them some nice bank just trying to dd your car. At least with a 4cyl turbo motor you have a little bit of lag to get your car moving before all hell breaks loose.

probably not if you actually put a tire on the car. not a 215 stretched over a 10 inch wheel

DeathMetal
05-13-2010, 09:04 PM
that would be...

FUCKING SICK.

God damn it...

I've been wanting to see someone stuff a 5.9 Cummins in an S chassis for so long.

Someone dooo eeeeetttt

Fuck, I don't even care if it's a Powerstroke.

Flicktitty
05-13-2010, 09:17 PM
probably not if you actually put a tire on the car. not a 215 stretched over a 10 inch wheel
haha exactly. it's funny hearing people talk how there gt28rs sr20 240 spins there 275 tires from a roll. yet from 20mph my 6265 2JZ's s13 on a 225 sticky tire HOOKS.

ManoNegra
05-13-2010, 09:18 PM

If i ever here there's no replacement for displacement ever again I'm going to call up all the F1 teams and let them know it's time to pack it in. They've had a good run but the LSX are here.

lol lsx is a great motor.. but most motors are or they wouldn't put them in cars they're going to sell to thousands of people(with few exceptions).

I guess i'm just tired of seeing them in 240's. I'd rather see something new and interesting. One more trick flow manifold in a 240 bay and i'll yak.

new? not new but definitely a lot more common
Luke was doing swaps into FDs years ago

personally I'm torn
I'm a nissan purist and frankly the thought of an American V8 in a
240 is somewhat repulsive
but logically I can't come up with a good argument against
as been mentioned, most of the people doing LS swaps
are people that have done NA and turbo builds and track their cars
sooner or later, cost and common sense takes over
imo people doing swaps because it's 'rare', uncommon or they want to be unique are idiots

SuperiorS14
05-13-2010, 09:32 PM
cant beat a 500+whp NA motor........nuff said.

id swap out my 3071 SR in a heartbeat for a LSX swap

Touge Noob S13
05-13-2010, 09:44 PM
unfortunatly that is slowly becoming a past dream as everyone trys to be the lowest and most tire tucked they can be. as drifting has left is roots and gone to a "show style" of who has the most horsepower and who has the biggest rims with the biggest and brightest neon lights. most people now adays are all about the "low and slow" or being "JDM" as fuck or what ever that means.

"who has the most horsepower"? This isnt a Supra forum.

Flicktitty
05-13-2010, 09:51 PM
it's not all about power, it's about when/where it get's its power from. and how reliable and easy it is to make that power.

frizzle
05-13-2010, 10:34 PM
Not inferior. I just judge people by the color of their necks.

In this case, they are red... therefore, I do not like them.
lol....!:werd:

BustedS13
05-13-2010, 11:06 PM
well if we are comparing the S2000 vs an LS motor. consider this

MPG
S2000 --18 city - 25 highway
2010 Camaro SS-- 16 city - 24 highway

the engine we're more likely talking about, however, would be the LS1 from c5 vettes and 4g f bodies, which made 17/26.
either way, funny how comparable their mpg ratings are.

kingkilburn
05-13-2010, 11:21 PM
It makes me wonder how the two cars would do in an all out racing environment. Both cars would have around the same power and likely the same tires but the corvette would most likely have some kind of ballast.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
05-13-2010, 11:25 PM

Please shut the fuck up.

Really now? a cam n tune ls1 Is 500whp? Hmm check this video out Idk u tell me. This Ls1 coupe had tune,headers,cam,Intake n It was auto.

240 had gt28,tune,STOCK cams,Nitrous, forged pistons n head gaskets. same car. v8 4 cyl. sr lost cause miss shift. they did It again. n the ls1 car lost pretty bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXhiskCDCmc

I'll post my video when It gets put online

BustedS13
05-13-2010, 11:28 PM
It makes me wonder how the two cars would do in an all out racing environment. Both cars would have around the same power and likely the same tires but the corvette would most likely have some kind of ballast.

are we talking an LS swapped S chassis vs. the car the LS engine came out of?
the 'vette would weigh in around 3200 pounds, so there's your answer right there. although i'd be curious how a gutted, stock C5 would compare to a heavily modified 240sx.

shiftdrift
05-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Really now? a cam n tune ls1 Is 500whp? Hmm check this video out Idk u tell me. This Ls1 coupe had tune,headers,cam,Intake n It was auto.

240 had gt28,tune,STOCK cams,Nitrous, forged pistons n head gaskets. same car. v8 4 cyl. sr lost cause miss shift. they did It again. n the ls1 car lost pretty bad.

YouTube - Nismo Knights LS2 240SX vs Team Undergrounds Turbo/Nos 240SX (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXhiskCDCmc)

trust me man, i made him realize he was wrong, read page 2 or something. he said he mis-read and meant 400 just like i said.

BustedS13
05-13-2010, 11:33 PM
I was going to buy a 350z this fall, but if i bought an s13 shell and swapped in an LS1, would you all promise to be super pissed off about it? like really venomous ignorant "halfbreed" comments in every thread?
this is important to me, guys.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
05-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Oh n heres a video of a Ls1 swapped Rx7- vs a normal v8 cobra. Wouldn't u think the light ass rx7 witha new manly v8 would womp on the heavy ass terminator? Lol waste of moneys!

YouTube - LS1 RX7 FC V8 vs 500whp Cobra street race drag (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGi-IZxmHIo&feature=related)

Or he could have done It right n be like this guy!

YouTube - 407 whp rx-7 vs. 550+ whp 03 cobra rematch 2 of 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2xLaIivL5o&feature=related)

There Is countless videos of v8 swapped rx7 n 240 getting womped on by cars It should SMASH with Its new powerplant so man like and tuff!

If u seriously need a v8 to "drift" then you suck. Anyone can drift with a v8 swapped 240 or rx7. Push gas turn wheel n have fun. ITs a EASY way out no matter how you look at It. You see those single cam guys n corolla guys clutch kicking the whole damn time. Even some dual cams. Thats fun LOL. I like doing that. V8's ARE THE EASY WAY OUT OF EVERYTHING! Puss n boots!

ranger240
05-13-2010, 11:45 PM
blah blah blah blah.. whiney whiney whiney

YouTube - Nismo Knights LS2 240SX vs Team Undergrounds Turbo/Nos 240SX (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXhiskCDCmc)

missed shift? so what you're saying is...

the purpose of this thread was to project blame on another cars engine in compensation for the fact that you suck at driving

edit: thats not you driving... but ok... talk about junk power adders.... nitrous.. yeah ok...

"hey zilvia... naturally aspirated high hp cars are lame, but overbuilt high strung turbo nitrous 4 cylinders... those is cool"

GSXRJJordan
05-13-2010, 11:49 PM
Haha, I love to have this argument in person, and then pop the hood of my FD, and take them for a ride.

People go from "I hate V8 swaps, they're so gay", to "if I had money, I'd do this".

If you hate LS-series V8's you've either never ridden in one, can't afford one, or aren't involved in any form of competitive road racing. LS-series motors aren't so prevalent because they look good, or sound cool ~ they're around because they win. *cough* look at GT1 C5R and C6R Corvettes in Le Mans *cough* Drag racing? No 4cylinders there *cough* Formula 1? V8's! *cough* Drifting? Yup, V8's

If anyone on this continent cared about rally racing, there'd be V8's winning there too.

I've had SR20's since 2005, built a RB25 last year, and swapped chassis and motors to the LS1 FD this year. I miss the RB's sound and fast rev's, but the Ls-series motors can't be beat when your priority is winning, not looking good to the other JDM kids.

franklin93zx
05-13-2010, 11:52 PM
L O L

msglngth

kingkilburn
05-13-2010, 11:53 PM
are we talking an LS swapped S chassis vs. the car the LS engine came out of?
the 'vette would weigh in around 3200 pounds, so there's your answer right there. although i'd be curious how a gutted, stock C5 would compare to a heavily modified 240sx.

No. S2000 and Corvette.

Lets say they are both in a time attack event and both competing in unlimited rwd.

shiftdrift
05-14-2010, 12:00 AM
I was going to buy a 350z this fall, but if i bought an s13 shell and swapped in an LS1, would you all promise to be super pissed off about it? like really venomous ignorant "halfbreed" comments in every thread?
this is important to me, guys.
if you pay me 20 bucks i will....

ranger240
05-14-2010, 12:01 AM
Oh n heres a video of a Ls1 swapped Rx7- vs a normal v8 cobra. Wouldn't u think the light ass rx7 witha new manly v8 would womp on the heavy ass terminator? Lol waste of moneys!

YouTube - LS1 RX7 FC V8 vs 500whp Cobra street race drag (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGi-IZxmHIo&feature=related)

Or he could have done It right n be like this guy!

YouTube - 407 whp rx-7 vs. 550+ whp 03 cobra rematch 2 of 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2xLaIivL5o&feature=related)

There Is countless videos of v8 swapped rx7 n 240 getting womped on by cars It should SMASH with Its new powerplant so man like and tuff!

dude you're an IDIOT... stop trying

you're judging everything off HP alone... thats like saying you have a billion dollars which is alot of money, but not considering what market prices are

a 3200lb 550 hp mustang cobra has a power/weight ratio of 5.8 lbs per hp.. the one in that video is "550+" thats really good

a fd rx7 with a 400 hp engine is 2300lbs.. so that equals a power to weight ratio of 5.75 pounds per horsepower

not considering other variables i'd say that the above 2nd grade math really takes a crap on your example of how bad ls1 swaps are

a

Teddy
05-14-2010, 12:11 AM
This thread is pointless.

It's obviously clear how gay V8s are.

lewisfk
05-14-2010, 12:20 AM
i like nissan and i enjoy there products, so swapping a none nissan engine in a nissan car is a crime to me! i enjoy taking my little 2.0 turbo engine and whopping ass in my local area! the look on the faces of those rednecks is priceless! i also enjoy drag racing and learning from my cousin who is a mopar guru! to each its own, but if u get handled by a 4 cylinder and u have a v8 please tuck your nuts into your lower abd and call them ovaries!

rb25_s13*CHUKI
05-14-2010, 12:23 AM
dude you're an IDIOT... stop trying

you're judging everything off HP alone... thats like saying you have a billion dollars which is alot of money, but not considering what market prices are

a 3200lb 550 hp mustang cobra has a power/weight ratio of 5.8 lbs per hp.. the one in that video is "550+" thats really good

a fd rx7 with a 400 hp engine is 2300lbs.. so that equals a power to weight ratio of 5.75 pounds per horsepower

not considering other variables i'd say that the above 2nd grade math really takes a crap on your example of how bad ls1 swaps are

a

I think u need some reading comp. I wasn't comparing a 400 hp rx7 to a 550 hp cobra. I was showing a ls swapped fc racing a 500whp cobra and couldn't beat It. Then showed you a fd with Its natural engine 1.3 rotary racing a 550whp cobra and womped on It. n curb weight on a fd Isn't 2300 pounds. More like 2600 to 2800. Somewhere around there. n a cobra doesn't weight as much as a corvette. cobras weight like 3500 lbs. Since u wanna talk about that now. Thats not what I was comparing at all btw

WISH ONE
05-14-2010, 12:29 AM
You see those single cam guys n corolla guys clutch kicking the whole damn time. Even some dual cams. Thats fun LOL. I like doing that. V8's ARE THE EASY WAY OUT OF EVERYTHING! Puss n boots!
dont take offense to this, Im not saying your broke or have no driving experience but it sounds like something either someone who cant afford power would say or someone who hasnt driven with power would say... Most people dont like kicking the clutch a million times...
ITs a EASY way out no matter how you look at It.
Isnt this the point? look at most racecars, they are put together in a way that will make the drivers life easier so that he can win... not make it harder so he can lose.

kingkilburn
05-14-2010, 12:31 AM
That still proves nothing except that on that day that car won.

How does that prove the inferiority of the LS?

Give us some data. Show me a structural or design flaw. Suggest an alternative with the same kind of power band.

Give me something. All we've had is bs opinions and that doesn't mean shit.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
05-14-2010, 12:32 AM
dont take offense to this, Im not saying your broke or have no driving experience but it sounds like something either someone who cant afford power would say or someone who hasnt driven with power would say... Most people dont like kicking the clutch a million times...

I'm speaking of watching people struggle at tracks n still do It. I've had plenty of power dude trust me. PLENTY. N money. Plenty of that too. I was comparing people who actually try n get better by learning what n what not to do. rather then. Hey lets swap a v8 n not learn a damn thing!

That still proves nothing except that on that day that car won.

How does that prove the inferiority of the LS?

Give us some data. Show me a structural or design flaw. Suggest an alternative with the same kind of power band.

Give me something. All we've had is bs opinions and that doesn't mean shit.

Never said It was Inferior. I said Its a easy way out. N some actually had the nerve to tell me that he only has bolt ons In his ls2 swapped 240.

missed shift? so what you're saying is...

the purpose of this thread was to project blame on another cars engine in compensation for the fact that you suck at driving

edit: thats not you driving... but ok... talk about junk power adders.... nitrous.. yeah ok...

"hey zilvia... naturally aspirated high hp cars are lame, but overbuilt high strung turbo nitrous 4 cylinders... those is cool"

No the puspose of this thread Is that a guy with v8 swapped 240 told me that I beat him because he only has tune.headers,intake n cam. Rightttt . Thats the biggest pussy comment I've ever heard. I never said Ls motors suck. If I did I didn't mean the engine It self. I meant the 240s n fc/fd whatever have them,. Its easy way out.

ranger240
05-14-2010, 12:36 AM
I think u need some reading comp. I wasn't comparing a 400 hp rx7 to a 550 hp cobra. I was showing a ls swapped fc racing a 500whp cobra and couldn't beat It. Then showed you a fd with Its natural engine 1.3 rotary racing a 550whp cobra and womped on It. n curb weight on a fd Isn't 2300 pounds. More like 2600 to 2800. Somewhere around there. n a cobra doesn't weight as much as a corvette. cobras weight like 3500 lbs. Since u wanna talk about that now. Thats not what I was comparing at all btw

you're wrong about LS engines but right about reading comp... this is the last time i try to prosecute an issue after a few hours at the best bar in town

edit: and on top of that skimming threads without my reading glasses

rb25_s13*CHUKI
05-14-2010, 12:36 AM
Its the fact that he really stood there and looked me dead In my eyes and told me that he only has bolt ons tun n cam. with a serious look on his face. Good thing he left his balls at home where he swapped the ls at and was carrying his vagina with him or I woulda slapped him

Ls engines are great engines. In a corvette,gto,camaro w.e they come In. The Engine It self Is great and I love how they can rev out for being a v8. but I'm not a fan of ls swapped Imports nor will I ever be. Esp when they can look at you and say they only have so n so on their car n u have a turbo n blah.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
05-14-2010, 12:39 AM
I just got bit a by fuckin spider.

kingkilburn
05-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Do you think that all the pros in FD just jumped into those 600 hp monsters without already knowing how to drive? How about the aussies with those drifting 1000hp skylines?

It sounds to me that you have a personal bias and prejudice akin to racism.

BustedS13
05-14-2010, 12:40 AM
If u seriously need a v8 to "drift" then you suck. Anyone can drift with a v8 swapped 240 or rx7. basically what i'm saying is, my dad drove a Volvo growing up, so you know, i played a lot of Nintendo. then, when i was 17 or so, I watched The Fast and the Furious, maybe even Tokyo Drift, and then all of a sudden i was "in" to cars. of course, i didn't grow up working on them. i actually searched this forum to find out how to change my oil. people ask me why their car is acting up, and i'll say something stupid like "check your spring preload" or "maybe it's the spark plugs". V8's ARE THE EASY WAY OUT OF EVERYTHING! Puss n boots!

i'll agree with you on some of your points

rb25_s13*CHUKI
05-14-2010, 12:41 AM
Haha, I love to have this argument in person, and then pop the hood of my FD, and take them for a ride.

People go from "I hate V8 swaps, they're so gay", to "if I had money, I'd do this".

If you hate LS-series V8's you've either never ridden in one, can't afford one, or aren't involved in any form of competitive road racing. LS-series motors aren't so prevalent because they look good, or sound cool ~ they're around because they win. *cough* look at GT1 C5R and C6R Corvettes in Le Mans *cough* Drag racing? No 4cylinders there *cough* Formula 1? V8's! *cough* Drifting? Yup, V8's

If anyone on this continent cared about rally racing, there'd be V8's winning there too.

I've had SR20's since 2005, built a RB25 last year, and swapped chassis and motors to the LS1 FD this year. I miss the RB's sound and fast rev's, but the Ls-series motors can't be beat when your priority is winning, not looking good to the other JDM kids.

Thats funny cause I coulda sworn that In most of the new time attack events the Ams Evo come on top. which IS wait for It wait for IT. A 4 cylinder! N drag racing. There Is PLENTY of 4 cylinders out there doing what v8s can do! maybe not the crazy ass Funny cars or dragsters but they do have 6 second 4 cylinders. Which needs to be respected.

kingkilburn
05-14-2010, 12:41 AM
Sounds like you got sand in your vag dude.

Get over it and stop hating on people turning a tuner car into a true sports car.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
05-14-2010, 12:43 AM
i'll agree with you on some of your points

Lol If you only knew. my whole family has been Into cars before I was even born. U can talk all the shit you want. U can't tell me how my life Is or any of that. Your honestly dumb If you seriously think that. I can tell you that your the loser If u seriously took the time to think that whole paragraph out. Lol.

Look at people getting offended cause I said a ls swapped Import Is lame. hahahah funny.

shiftdrift
05-14-2010, 12:46 AM
for my next build i'm doing a dd s13. i'm considering ls1 as the powerplant for reliablity and performance.

irax
05-14-2010, 12:57 AM

what i saw in the comparisons was FC + LS1 ≈ FD + a lot more money
because BOTH of them beat the mustang .

Teddy
05-14-2010, 01:27 AM
Like I mentioned. We don't care that they win. We don't care that they're powerful. We don't care about zomgtorque.

It has nothing to do with that at all.

I don't like v8s, or most American engines, in s-chassis either, but I don't necessarily agree with you when you say that they "don't belong in drifting."
Are you talking about professional drifting? Or just drifting in general?

They don't belong in drifting. Period.

franklin93zx
05-14-2010, 01:55 AM
AMERICA!! FUCK YEAH!!! Taking life a 1/4 mile at a time

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/2000Eleanor/drag1.jpg

irax
05-14-2010, 02:35 AM
Like I mentioned. We don't care that they win. We don't care that they're powerful. We don't care about zomgtorque.

So I missed the point? You just hate american v8's because they are cheap, easy, reliable, powerful choose 4? when 4cyls only get 2?

BustedS13
05-14-2010, 02:56 AM
So I missed the point? You just hate american v8's because they are cheap, easy, reliable, powerful choose 4? when 4cyls only get 2?

i think he's trolling. but i'm not sure. these cool kids are hard to read sometimes.

karl wasabi
05-14-2010, 03:00 AM
http://photos.motoiq.com/MotoIQ/Features/Falken-240SX/JEF5364/682369435_XmLrP-L.jpg

http://photos.motoiq.com/MotoIQ/Features/Dais-new-ride/front-view/822053250_Q8BiX-L.jpg

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Tantwoforty
05-14-2010, 03:00 AM
im telln ya..
vg30dett..

ineedone
05-14-2010, 06:36 AM
Lol If you only knew. my whole family has been Into cars before I was even born. U can talk all the shit you want. U can't tell me how my life Is or any of that. Your honestly dumb If you seriously think that. I can tell you that your the loser If u seriously took the time to think that whole paragraph out. Lol.

Look at people getting offended cause I said a ls swapped Import Is lame. hahahah funny.

I am offended by you lack of grammar/spelling/IQ, but most importantly, your lack of love for a V8. They are not easy to drift at all. It is easy to torch the tires though. Most racers/drifters/real drivers will tell you torque over rpm. I think all 240s should come stock with V8s, so I could be hated when I swap a big American Viper V10 into it.

5pecialist
05-14-2010, 07:04 AM
Why not just get a Trans Am?

Big Daddy 18det
05-14-2010, 07:08 AM
Man this is one funny a$$ video........

YouTube - Golden Boy - Blumchen - Bicycle Race (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT1YstSDMk0)[/quote]

blueshark123
05-14-2010, 07:23 AM
Man people on here have their head to far up their fuckin ass , were talking about a fuckin pos 240sx here that cost what 2k or less. who gives a fuck its not a fuckin lambo or ferrari where we should keep it all original.

VROOOM
05-14-2010, 07:27 AM

we just care about impressing tight pantsed lil boys.

Big Daddy 18det
05-14-2010, 07:32 AM
Now this is Bad A$$. Prostreet 240 sx :wiggle:

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/2000Eleanor/drag1.jpg[/quote]

codyace
05-14-2010, 08:09 AM

This thread should lock the thread. Half the people bitching about these motors have probbably never been in anything decently fast. Hell a stock LQ4 in these cars can push it into the low 12's....that's awesome if you ask me

THIS is a load of bullshit.

Don't conufse a BIG engine for a GREAT engine.

An F20/F22 is a GREAT engine, with over 100 hp/L.

An LS1 or LS2 with 350 hp on 6 L is an inefficient engine that is just fucking BIG.

I am more into "refinement" or "efficiency". Look at formula 1 and shit. It's not about raw power, it's about power within the confines of a certain displacement.....how EFFICIENT of a motor can you build.

But why would a 225 hp/250 ft lbs 5.0 be faster than a 240 hp/150 ft lb 2.0 in that s2000?

I'm not against an efficient build....or an efficient motor -- however I'd rather go fast and perform best. Sure that 5.0 is junk/old/ancient and really a anchor...but in the end of the day, in raw numbers, it would out perform that F20 in all aspects stock/stock.

Now if you want to talk about power per modification....again the 5.0 and LSX are king. Show me cams in an F20 that make 100 whp? They can't...that engine is topped out. So to me, it's hard to compare a severely detuned factory LSx to a factory topped out F20c. I'm sure if GM did the same thing they easily could. Heck even look at LS7's...they make mid 400 whp. Throw a decent cam in them, and tune...wow you're looking at 550ish why with just a cam...nothing else. That's pretty impressive.

I also like the simplicity of the Pushrod cars -- they are a very barbaric setup, but in the end of the day, they work and are EASILY serviceable. The same can not be said for per say, a VH or a MOD motor, or etc etc. Also, they are proven to make more power N/A than the VH and MOD motor with similar modification. So ultimately, many confuse complexity with efficiency.

True, but they still made great power for their day. It's hard comparing a 200 whp small block of the 60's to a 500 whp one of today...that's almost unfair.

[/QUOTE]

That's why I mentioned the S2K motors....bc right out of the box, AS DESIGNED AND SOLD, they are amazingly efficient and well-engineered.

But also tapped out of power. As a performance guy, I'd take a lazy v8 making 450 whp, not stressing a damn thing, than a strung out high compression RPM screamer making 300 whp but a race motor.

You have so much low down torque you might as well name your LS swapped 240 the sit and spin. Might as well go make friends at the tire shop because you'll be shooting them some nice bank just trying to dd your car. At least with a 4cyl turbo motor you have a little bit of lag to get your car moving before all hell breaks loose.

1. This is why you put a decent tire under the car, or a decent compound
2. Any decent 4 cyl turbo that makes power ends up ripping the tires off just as easily in 1st and 2nd.

So while the lsx car is sit and spin, the SR car is sit 10 ft furhter down the road and spin.

I'd venture to say that if you were to measure overall stress endured on a motor, and their strength, and power production over time/speed/distance, that a Nascar V8 is a 'stronger' engine than an F1 Engine. I really don't think people undertand how perfectly engineered an F1 motor is, and how 'not perfectly' engineered a V8 is....and then when you see one making 700 whp N/A, for 5 hours, at 180 mph, for 500 miles, at 8000+ rpm....it kind amakes you sit back and think 'holy shit, that thing really is beyond any dreams'...just like an F1 motor.

True, but I guess by your thought process then, a GA16 is the perfect motor then right? I guess by a certain standard one could view it that way.

This post essentially sums up how little you even know about V8 swpped cars. Stick to hating on what you think; the world needs more idiots.

LOL! Hell yea!

personally I'm torn
I'm a nissan purist and frankly the thought of an American V8 in a
240 is somewhat repulsive
but logically I can't come up with a good argument against
as been mentioned, most of the people doing LS swaps
are people that have done NA and turbo builds and track their cars
sooner or later, cost and common sense takes over
imo people doing swaps because it's 'rare', uncommon or they want to be unique are idiots

There is a reason that since the 50's, performance junkies have all eventually gone V8 (in one form or another) for their track cars. Much like you, I'm a Ford guy to the end...but I'd swap 100 LSX's into my 240 before a mod motor.

Being brand 'strong' is cool, I am too. But when it comes down to hauling ass...at all costs (within budget hehe) is my motto.

And yes, those who don't like swaps because they are 'trendy/uncool/' are morons.

S14DB
05-14-2010, 08:15 AM
I just got bit a by fuckin spider.

and lost your thread at the same time...

When the OP doesn't give a shit about his thread I see no reason to keep it open.