PDA

View Full Version : oi leak from head gasket

midnight_rex
05-11-2010, 10:40 AM
i recent fully built my motor and got the car dyno tuned last week. there was some issues with oil leaks from the feed line (which are fixed now) and there is a small oil leak on the rear driver side corner on the exhaust side. its right at the corner where the head and block meet (head gasket). there is also a M6 bolt that screws in and torques down to about 10ft lbs. i torqued down the M6 bolt thinking this would solve the problem since its leaking right underneath it. Im using a Apexi HG and only have this problem in that corner. i have not yet to retorque the head studs. Im also using ARP headstuds. could this be due to a defective HG? or do i need to retorque all the studs to prevent this leak from happenning?

This is on a S13 SR20DET

midnight_rex
05-11-2010, 02:16 PM
how much is the maximum to torque the sr20 head down to?

midnight_rex
05-11-2010, 03:33 PM
or how about using some permatex black silicone to seal that area since its just a seeping oil leak. it seems like that area isnt sealing the oil galy good enough and causing it to seep through. i dont see using silicone to seal that part off to hurt the motor any.

Silviaoneday
05-11-2010, 03:44 PM
I know on the RB engines there is this metal circle looking piece that goes into the block and the head covers it. Its basically a guide that oil travels through, that could be your problem, not saying it is.