PDA

View Full Version : Moroso oil pan sr20det

MaZiO
11-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Hello everyone!

Now i´m looking for a oil pan. And i´m thinking about moroso or greddy, which is better?

Moroso is a good company and this oil pan seems to be good, what you think about? is it really works good?

Thanks!

lifewater
11-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Moroso and Greddy are so similar internally I don't think it really makes a difference. I just installed my Moroso and I had some issues getting 2 of the rear nuts over the studs. Looks like the rear plate of my pan was welded a bit to close to the bolt holes. It wasn't a deal breaker but I had to scratch my pan to get the nut on. I'd still recommend it to anyone though.

Ceepo
11-02-2009, 12:55 PM
had to scratch your pan to get it on, its an oilpan lol... you will be good with either pan, they are basically the same, get what one appeals more to you, i hate these part opinion threads, at the end of the day you decide what you want to buy, not us or anyone on zilvia, we dont have a gun to your head telling to to choose do we?

let5l1de
11-02-2009, 01:04 PM
had to scratch your pan to get it on, its an oilpan lol... you will be good with either pan, they are basically the same, get what one appeals more to you, i hate these part opinion threads, at the end of the day you decide what you want to buy, not us or anyone on zilvia, we dont have a gun to your head telling to to choose do we?

:hide::rl: :ddog:

--

btw: install a teflon crank scraper while your are at it. You can love me later.

~mario

MaZiO
11-02-2009, 03:01 PM

obviously not, thaks. I only want information and learn from yours experience. It´s all. I have this quetions because i dont have information about moroso oil pan, and i want to know experince from people have it or greddy.

Ceepo
11-02-2009, 07:08 PM
i know you want info, but both are great companies, moroso has been in business along time, same with greddy... both companies make quality parts... when it comes to it you just need to pick one and try it out...

MaZiO
11-03-2009, 03:48 AM
i know you want info, but both are great companies, moroso has been in business along time, same with greddy... both companies make quality parts... when it comes to it you just need to pick one and try it out...

Ok and thanks, that´s what i want to know about Moroso make guality parts. I´ll buy it because it´s a quality part, it has good price, and it seems very good.

NewS13Guy
11-03-2009, 05:04 AM
use the search button.....this has been covered before.

fliprayzin240sx
11-03-2009, 05:24 AM
Moroso Pan = Tig Welded Aluminum
Greddy = Cast Aluminum

If you smash the Moroso pan, itll dent. You smash a Greddy one, itll crack/shatter.

Ceepo
11-03-2009, 10:36 AM
:duh:^ very true, that slipped my mind lol...

mattsil80wis
11-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Moroso Pan = Tig Welded Aluminum
Greddy = Cast Aluminum

If you smash the Moroso pan, itll dent. You smash a Greddy one, itll crack/shatter.

Whats to say that a weld won't leak? Or it may rip if you hit a bump? Highly unleakly, but possible...much like cracking a greddy pan

We've dropped an engine with a greddy pan on a floor by accident, and it's still on the car 2 years later. I've personally bashed mine on uneven pavement, no issues either.

Cast <> Weak. It's a very sturdy pan (the greddy one)

Ultimatly, go with what is cheaper. Both work fine.

Devil Man
11-22-2009, 01:24 PM
i would go moroso pan for the reason of the cast vs sheet metal. if in the same situation with both you can atleast have some chance with the metal being bent vs the cast just blowing up.

BoostinBen
11-22-2009, 01:28 PM
I agree both are good pans, they are both very similar in design internally. I was asking this same question a while back when I was in the market for a pan. I ended up with greddy because someone had made a good point that if you smash eith pan hard enough for them to fail the greddy pan will most likely crack and you will loose oil presure gradually so you might be able to catch it and shut down the motor before serious damage is done. where as the morosso pan is likely to bend and it could cave in and block your oil pickup tube that would cause you to loose all oil pressure instantly ...

Om1kron
11-22-2009, 05:43 PM
:hide::rl: :ddog:

--

btw: install a teflon crank scraper while your are at it. You can love me later.

~mario

ohh ooohh more info please.

codyace
11-23-2009, 06:07 PM
ohh ooohh more info please.

(wow, i had to log on haha)

Crank-Scrapers.com (http://www.crank-scrapers.com/)

I've had one now for 2 years. As described, it took some finese to install it, but nothing out of the ordinary.

email or PM me if you have or need any questions. I bother you on your blog enough so just get my email there ;)

tig_tech
01-28-2010, 02:14 AM
Greddy is more quality to me than a Moroso. We installed a Moroso on a buddies car and it was a pain to get a couple nuts on. If you pay that much money you should get a quality part that fits. Greddy is top notch. We've bottomed out a Greddy with no serious damage and the car still runs till this day. Whether it be cast aluminum or cast iron, both are made to be durable. Go for Greddy.