PDA

View Full Version : oil spilling out my car!!!!!

anthony713
10-15-2009, 03:41 PM
I did a oil change with new oil from amsoil and filter as well. Filter screwed on good and it felt reall tight. Next thing you know i test drive it and filter just pops off and oils spilling everywhere. Luckly i pulled over to check if any leaks were going in right away and when i did it was coming out everywhere. no damage to the engine thank god but FUCK MY LIFE for waisting the money on the oil and getting stuck down the street from my house that i had to walk back and fourth to do shit....

could be worse tho lol

FML!~

Shadowhunter
10-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Sounds like the O-ring off the old filter came off and now you got double O-rings. Remove filter and Inspect the area for the old O-ring and remove.

Drift N Dragg
10-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Dude that sucks, But atleast no damage to the Motor.... You were lucky...

extra20
10-15-2009, 04:15 PM
yeah double gasket son. Next time after u remove the old filter look at it and make sure the gasket is on it if its not then take a finger and run it across the machined surface where filter mounts it usually stays due to heat (only use finger if u cant see for shit.lol) ie in dark garage

Greddy323
10-15-2009, 04:20 PM
shits fucked

projectRDM
10-16-2009, 01:19 AM
And the point of the post is what?

Do we care?

5t341tH
10-16-2009, 01:38 AM
lol noob! oil is important thing to have

s14canyoncity
10-16-2009, 02:11 AM
Sounds like the O-ring off the old filter came off and now you got double O-rings. Remove filter and Inspect the area for the old O-ring and remove.

yeah double gasket son. Next time after u remove the old filter look at it and make sure the gasket is on it if its not then take a finger and run it across the machined surface where filter mounts it usually stays due to heat (only use finger if u cant see for shit.lol) ie in dark garage

yup what they said the old gasket came off the old filter. why didn't you start the car and let it idle and check first before taking off. you bought some good oil, not its fault you didnt check your work and check the parts your removing.

And the point of the post is what?

Do we care?

hahahaha straight up

zenki.life
10-16-2009, 04:19 AM
so was the purpose of this thread to ask a question or just tell a real stupid story?

and is anyone else annoyed at the sheer ignorance of this guy????

shits fucked

dan240
10-16-2009, 07:42 AM
Why would double o-ringing the filter cause it to pop off?

Sure it will cause a leak, but pop off, that quick....its not a tapered thread.

My guess was either the filter was defective or it was over tightened. Do you still have it? What do the threads look like?

You think the second O-ring blew out when oil pressure built up and the filter spun off? Maybe.