PDA

View Full Version : fun with your Timing Control Unit

Warwick5s
04-21-2003, 10:47 AM
ok, so i believe that i have narrowed my not-working wipers down to the timing control unit, seeing as how it is the only thing other than the fuse that has a control function over both front and back wipers and squirters. we measured voltage at the plug going the motors on the pin that should always be hot, and it would bouce up to 3 volts for a second and then go back down to 0 upon startup. switches are fine, motor is fine, rear wiper amp is fine (but i can't find the front wiper amp for the life of me!!!), so as far as i can see - this thing HAS to be it...

...right? is there anything else that controls everything? because....wouldn't you know, this damn thing is over TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS!!! i'm tempted to take it in for service at the dealer if there's anything else it could possibly be, just incase it's not that, so i can avoid the possibility of dropping 200 on a little box that might not fix my problem.

does anyone know of a test procedure for this thing? according to the CA18DET manual available here, this thing doesn't exist. and i'm still waiting on my FSM

if anyone knows of a cheaper place to buy this thing as well...that'd be nice.