PDA

View Full Version : z32 rear brake rotor selection

warauto
03-12-2009, 11:35 PM
I am going to be doing a z32 rear brake swap i want to know if i could use the rotors off a j30 and redrill them for the calipers to work. I cant wait for brand new z32 rotors. I need brakes asap and i already ordered them but i cant wait. Thanks
http://www.sfldrifters.com/forums/images/darkfantasy/misc/progress.gif

cc4usmc
03-12-2009, 11:45 PM
[QUOTE=warauto;2690241 I need brakes asap and i already ordered them but i cant wait.[/QUOTE]

What are you trying to say?

5t341tH
03-13-2009, 12:01 AM
well if it doesnt work, then u are going to have to wait

drift freaq
03-13-2009, 01:15 AM
Put the wrench down! Step back from the car! Do not touch a car to work on it again till you have taken an automotive course.
You do not have the knowledge to be working on your own car.

GSXRJJordan
03-13-2009, 01:16 AM
hahahaha ~ Dave's right...

to answer your question, I don't think so. The Z32 rotors have the same knuckle design as S-chassis do, but I'm not sure the J30 does... so although the overall diameter and thickness will be right, I don't know if the hat height (offset) of the rotor will be right.

Post up when you get the rotors, I'm curious lol.

projectRDM
03-13-2009, 08:34 AM
Incorrect. J30 rear rotors are the exact same as size Z32/R32 rotors. Pretty common knowledge kids, especially since the J30 upright bolts right up to the Schassis too.

warauto
03-13-2009, 03:52 PM
What are you trying to say?

I am trying to say that my rear brakes are siezed now not a week from now when the z32 rotors are going to be here from the online store i bought them from. I HAVE NO BRAKES IN THE REAR bad brake balancing that can mean a possible accident.

warauto
03-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Put the wrench down! Step back from the car! Do not touch a car to work on it again till you have taken an automotive course.
You do not have the knowledge to be working on your own car.
Thankyou for your input red carpet star from holywoooood, but your answer has nothing to do with the question. Maybe you should go to English Class more often to learn to interpret and answer questions correctly. Thankyou

mbmbmb23
03-13-2009, 10:52 PM
If you are using the Z ebrake then get the Z rotors so the ebrake drums have the correct rotor hats to work.

5t341tH
03-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Incorrect. J30 rear rotors are the exact same as size Z32/R32 rotors. Pretty common knowledge kids, especially since the J30 upright bolts right up to the Schassis too.
that pretty much answers ur question then...

drift freaq
03-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Thankyou for your input red carpet star from holywoooood, but your answer has nothing to do with the question. Maybe you should go to English Class more often to learn to interpret and answer questions correctly. Thankyou

LOL Actually, maybe you should take some English classes and learn how to write properly. Reading comprehension is not a problem for me when its written properly, i.e grammatically correct!

You failed at that and asking your question properly. Which also showed your lack of mechanical knowledge.

In other words you fail miserably and would do better reading and learning, before you attempt to ask improperly worded questions, with no knowledge.

P.S. I can't help it if I live in better place than you do.

warauto
08-31-2009, 07:19 PM
Lol fudrockers, i forgot to come back here to tell it worked like a charm.

I didn't even need an automotive class to do it.

I simply picked the wrench back up and tried and tried untill it was done....
it worked perfectly. Fairly new j30 rotors were only $20, it sure beated spending $130
on the brand new z32 blanks....ohh nooo!!!!

projectRDM
09-01-2009, 07:59 AM
Lol fudrockers, i forgot to come back here to tell it worked like a charm.

I didn't even need an automotive class to do it.

I simply picked the wrench back up and tried and tried untill it was done....
it worked perfectly. Fairly new j30 rotors were only $20, it sure beated spending $130
on the brand new z32 blanks....ohh nooo!!!!

You do know that Z32 blanks are only like $25 each anyway, right? Just correcting you so other kids don't get confused when they read this later.