PDA

View Full Version : Coolant hose question

Ceepo
01-06-2009, 02:15 PM
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/61/l_4d148f7a02c0432d80624f7c2e77335a.jpg

My question is does the green circle bracket even need to be there, just by looking at it there is no use for it unless the engine is in a rhd car where the heater core would be on the opposite side of ours... and the read and blue hoses go to the heater core for our lhd cars correct? I confused myself and such...

japslapsilvia
01-06-2009, 02:38 PM
correct get rid of green, red and blue go to heater core.

make life easy and cut blue where it makes the 90* behind the head run that to the heater core, then eithor drill n tap water neck, or get s-14 water neck for turbo's water return line.

Ceepo
01-06-2009, 04:59 PM
One last queston, if i do the s14 waterneck do i need to upgrade to taka/cs turbo lines, i dont think the stock will work for the s14 water neck right... i thought about cutting it off but i saw the turbo got coolant from that and i wasnt sure what i should do :)

Thanks for the info btw...

Z U L8R
01-06-2009, 10:37 PM
you can run your turbo coolant feed line from another nipple on that whole heater hose piping. just run a longer hose behind the head.

no you don't NEED the taka lines.

you can also delete the coolant hoses that go to the throttle body and use one of those nipples to supply your turbo if you can't find another coolant supply nipple

gl,
Dave