View Full Version : Oil cooler quick discussion

DisEpyon
11-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Was just wondering if using an oil cooler, would using a better oil pump be nessissary? A better oil pump as in to help pump all that oil through the cooling lines towards the cooling core. not really sure how to really describe this/ if what i said makes any sense. Like would a better performance oil pump be better to use than the oem one for an oil cooler setup? That is if they make such item for the sr20det, i found nothing on this topic.

just curious,
brent

vaughn4
11-27-2008, 08:13 PM
i dont think the pump would have to do any more work than before. even if you had a mile of oil line the pump would do the same thing.. once the oil is picked up from the pan its pressurized and sent through the block, head, turbo, etc. now if you had a pickup tube that was a mile long it would be harder on the pump. just my idea on the subject.

626 FC3S
11-27-2008, 08:15 PM
you should buy my rx7 t2 oil cooler !!!!!

DisEpyon
11-27-2008, 08:18 PM
i dont think the pump would have to do any more work than before. even if you had a mile of oil line the pump would do the same thing.. once the oil is picked up from the pan its pressurized and sent through the block, head, turbo, etc. now if you had a pickup tube that was a mile long it would be harder on the pump. just my idea on the subject.
i see.. that makes sense.
you should buy my rx7 t2 oil cooler !!!!!
hehe, not looking to buy an oil cooler setup right now, just wanting more info.